An Idea For Prime Weapon Parts Drops

MirageKnight

Sorry to burst your bubble...

....Out of roughly 2900 players polled in the most recent (DE administrated) Hot Topics, 91% found either the mod drop tables or the prime gear drops to be 'concerning'. More than half of those responses were specifically concerned about Prime drops.

Only 8% had no opinion on that topic. So, the fact is:

8% of players are OK with the current grind, while 91% consider at least part of it concerning.

As I've told you before, just because something is a potential revenue stream doesn't mean it is actually beneficial for your business. McDonalds could start leasing seat space, but they might find that ends up with less return visits...and eventually they'd have to change their model.

To that actual point: DE has brought over 9M new players into Warframe over the past year, compared with 1M the year before...and the player activity is barely 100% higher. That means the rate of players dropping out of the game is skyrocketing. What are the primary failings of WF cited by players and critics alike? Grind, grind, rng, repetition (which is mostly caused by grind, and partially caused by lack of content).

As grind increases, so does the player droppoff rate. What a surprise!

DE has already seen that people will pay handsomely for swag, shinys and exclusives that cannot be earned in game. They need to get better about monetizing that, instead of monetizing making the game annoying to play....because it's a concern of 91% of players, and millions (yes literally millions more) who have already quit.

To add to this, I was looking at the PS4 trophies today and I saw that the trophy, "Play for at least 10 hours" was considered Uncommon, with only 19% of players getting it. In other words, 4/5 of players quit before they're ten hours through. I'm certain many of these players got frustrated with either the RNG or repetition.

To add to this, I was looking at the PS4 trophies today and I saw that the trophy, "Play for at least 10 hours" was considered Uncommon, with only 19% of players getting it. In other words, 4/5 of players quit before they're ten hours through. I'm certain many of these players got frustrated with either the RNG or repetition.

I think it would be more accurate to say that 4 out of 5 players haven't played for at least 10 hours. But that figure still speaks volumes...

I've played Warframe for 1400+ hours and yet I still play other games. Obviously, there's still enough in Warframe that I see as being appealing to overshadow the increasingly annoying amount of grind needed to obtain the increasing amount of Prime gear being offered and thus keep me playing. However, I think it is more than reasonable to assume that a good number of people would and do find the increasing amount of grind to be negative enough to overshadow anything that is enjoyable and thus push them away from the game.

For the sake of the game's future, the dev's need to keep existing players playing, give former players an incentive to play again, and attract new players as well. Part of that can be accomplished by removing elements that push players away, i.e. excessive grind. Make the process of acquiring Prime gear less annoying, tedious and frustrating. I feel that the amount of grind can be alleviated via the reasonable suggestions offered in this thread and thus help improve the reputation and replayability of Warframe.

I think it would be more accurate to say that 4 out of 5 players haven't played for at least 10 hours. But that figure still speaks volumes...

I've played Warframe for 1400+ hours and yet I still play other games. Obviously, there's still enough in Warframe that I see as being appealing to overshadow the increasingly annoying amount of grind needed to obtain the increasing amount of Prime gear being offered and thus keep me playing. However, I think it is more than reasonable to assume that a good number of people would and do find the increasing amount of grind to be negative enough to overshadow anything that is enjoyable and thus push them away from the game.

For the sake of the game's future, the dev's need to keep existing players playing, give former players an incentive to play again, and attract new players as well. Part of that can be accomplished by removing elements that push players away, i.e. excessive grind. Make the process of acquiring Prime gear less annoying, tedious and frustrating. I feel that the amount of grind can be alleviated via the reasonable suggestions offered in this thread and thus help improve the reputation and replayability of Warframe.

Well-said, my good fellow.