Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Spoiled Strike Is Overrated.

Anything that lowers attack speed is bad IMO

Doesnt spoiled strike increase that elemental damage as well?

It does, and the attack speed lowering can be justified when there are 3 elementals already on. You will do more damage with the boost from spoiled, than you would from retaining full attack speed. However the danger comes when you have less than 3 elementals on, in which case an elemental boost will do more for you. This is showcased in crit. builds on the Ichors, Zorens and Atterax (assuming full raw crit, no channeling).

You still get 10% more aspd if you have a fury mod on together with spoiled, so it's not too bad a sacrifice.

Edited by Semshol

You should always use channel build. Which means you have space for less elementals, which means spoiled strike will not be as good as another elemental ^^^

why sacrifice two slot just for a 60% boost in channeling damage and efficiency?

okay your build

For Example:100x110%=210 damage with the cost of 1 energy

My build 

For Example:100+100*spoiled Strike*+180 *elemental Mod damage* = 380 x 150%*channeling 570 damage but with 5 energy

So you need to hit twice, just to match my 1 hit, and not to mention normally i will go with multiple elemental damage modding so my build's damage will out-match your build on higher level when enemies have high armor and i will still dealing a acceptable damage on enemies while your's will have to hit many times and waste a lot of time dealing small amount of damage just to kill an heavy units.

*EDIT or unless you are using the crit berserker build only weapon like dual ichor or dual zoren, welp then they don't really need it*

Edited by Tar_Spit_Fire

Lol, I'm probably one the biggest d-bags on these forums. My posts usually get cleaned up by mods.

But then again I don't really see a need to put it nicely to people, probably don't have the patience either .3.

nah you are fine, its just some of the people just literally tries to burn something down before they even fully understands/experienced it...

It depends on what weapon you're using. If you need that hard hit and do not really care for the loss of attack speed, go for it. But sometimes mods such as Voltaic strike, volcanic edge, virulent scourge and more elemental mods are really better than this. 

Edited by MiscenturMortis

It's amazing on the Kronen, adds about 1k to the spin attack damage, I'm happy to take only a 10% speed boost from fury if it means feeling well over 4k in a single spin!

mine have 5.6k on spin :) one shots lvl 100 trash mobs and do decent damage to gunners, mostly kills moas too, almost always kills ancients

you are saying if you had to chose between spoiled strike or an elemental mod if you do not have elementals mods on already, thing is in most cases you will already have elemental mods on the weapon and spoiled strike will be a much better option due to it boosting the elemental damage  those mods give as well as base damage.

I can't understand why a mod that let all elemental and physical damages scale shouldn't worth. 

The only problem of Spoiled Strike is that it needs Fury too, and on some weapons (with base attack speed less then 0.9/1) it still doesn't compensate the loss of speed. 

But, however, it is first of all a problem of the weapon itself. I use Pressure Point, Spoiled Strike and Fury on every melee weapon and still have space for 5 elemental mods... so.... 

Edit: 5 elemental mods, or critical damage mods, or channeling mods and  so on. But the base of everyone of my builds are these three mods. 

Edited by Latronico

Wait , Skana 100 Base atk ,you're saying that mod add 100% atk , so 100 + 100= 200 Atk how you get 250?

he means a base dmg of 100 + pressure points (120%)=220 damage....

wait.....

Let's say the base damage on skana is 100. Great, with pressure point, it will be increase to 250. But with both pressure point and spoiled strike, it's only 350. But if you replace spoiled Strike with let's say fever strike, you total damage will be 475.

I think the OP doesn't even know how to count or he just don't know how many % pressure points adds.

To have a lower attack speed. For a matter of channelling efficiency for example. 

I'm curious, is this really worth it? It feels like it'd just hurt your overall DPS. Because if you replace Pressure Point with Spoiled Strike, to me that implies you don't want to use any of your slots for attack speed mods (Fury/Quickening/Berserker). But since the mod system is all about getting as many multipliers as possible, I'm not really convinced this would improve your final damage output. Not to mention it'd probably hurt your mobility, too.

In my opinion, Spoiled Strike is a good mod, but only on top of Pressure Point and in a situation where you want to use several elemental mods (more than +240% if using the higher valued elementals). I can think of several different builds where Spoiled Strike doesn't have a place. That doesn't make it bad or obsolete, though.

Edited by Kontrollo

It does, and the attack speed lowering can be justified when there are 3 elementals already on. You will do more damage with the boost from spoiled, than you would from retaining full attack speed. However the danger comes when you have less than 3 elementals on, in which case an elemental boost will do more for you. This is showcased in crit. builds on the Ichors, Zorens and Atterax (assuming full raw crit, no channeling).

You still get 10% more aspd if you have a fury mod on together with spoiled, so it's not too bad a sacrifice.

I say its bad because it lowers how often you attack and im a proc monster

More procs all day long