Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Spoiled Strike Is Overrated.

arent you supposed to use spoiled strike to double what you get out of your elemental mods/ ips dmgs?

i mean, thats the only time i use it is after i have dmg, elemental or crit dmg mods in, im like 'ok now to double this crap'

also

i tend to favor faster weapons, but yah.. doubles.

its the multishot equivalent mod but its melee so yah, -speed because you cant swing twice at the same time

Edited by T4LCOMX

arent you supposed to use spoiled strike to double what you get out of your elemental mods/ ips dmgs?

i mean, thats the only time i use it is after i have dmg, elemental or crit dmg mods in, im like 'ok now to double this crap'

also

i tend to favor faster weapons, but yah.. doubles.

its the multishot equivalent mod but its melee so yah, -speed because you cant swing twice at the same time

Don't think of this as being the same as the multishot mods. Multishot is a multiplier, this stacks additively with Pressure Point (and the speed mods), and is therefore an "inferior version" of Pressure Point. The closest equivalents for rifles and pistols are Heavy Caliber and Magnum Force.

Don't think of this as being the same as the multishot mods. Multishot is a multiplier, this stacks additively with Pressure Point (and the speed mods), and is therefore an "inferior version" of Pressure Point. The closest equivalents for rifles and pistols are Heavy Caliber and Magnum Force.

They're totally different. Heavy Caliber and Magnun Force have both an huge malus on accuracy that turn the weapon into trash. 

Spoiled Strike can stack (or stuck, one of these two words) with Fury to still have a good attack speed like 1.1, 1.2 or more on already fast weapons. 

Because the important thing in melee is to reach the attack speed of 1.0/1.1 with fast stance mods, and 1.2/1.3 with slow stance mods. Too much speed makes impossible to hit properly the targets (especially with weapons with a low range or combos with long steps and fast movements), and a too low speed is just a loss of DPS. 

So, at the end, if a weapon is able to reach one of these attack speeds (considering the stance mods), Spoiled Strike worths, because as I and someone else wrote, it makes physical and elemental damage scale for only 1 slot cost (with only 1 mod slot more you're not able to increase the elemental damage SO much, especially if you're using two combined elemental damages; so there's a lot of difference between have it or not have it).

About low attack speed for Channeling Efficiency, you're hitting a dead horse for me. Personally I think that Channeling is good only for 1 vs 1 melee fight, for the matter of Energy wasted durint the process (Energy that could be used for something better like Radial Blind, Invisibility and other abilities that grant a melee damage bonus or a crowd control effect).

It's true, there is a loss of DPS in this way (to have a better Efficiency), but consider that these builds are meant to be used against enemies that requires a single channeled (?!) hit to be killed (so at the end there is no difference between an higher speed that requires more hits, and a lower one that requires only one hit).

I repeat, to me, Channelling doesn't worth. I just explained the reason why sometimes someone use Spoiled Strike instead of Pressure Point (I repeat, to have a lower attack speed). 

EDIT: Another example. If you're using Valkyr with a Warcry melee build, Spoiled Strike without Fury allow to be able to reach human attack speeds instead of be as fast as light and don't be able to control the Warframe during swing. 

Edited by Latronico

0.2 attack speed for a trade of more damage is quite a fair trade you know... And besides, Proc can be improved by the event mods.

It makes a noticable difference unless youre using some of the more extreme attack speed buffs

Hitting more often = more procs

I don't use spoiled strike, but it's not because of dps, I just prefer not swinging slow.

You are right to a point, OP, but your thought process was very limited in your example.  If you have room for only two mods, it's bad form to use spoiled strike, I'll agree with that.  However, in pretty much any non crit build, using spoiled strike as one of your 8 total mods is going to give you more dps than an element.  

When I have used spoiled strike in the past, I would always add it as my last mod.  That way I knew I was getting the most out of it.

it improves the over all physical damage of the particular weapon thus it will also increase other elemental damage you gain.. mostly on the weapon like dragon nikana or the scindo prime and all those other non-crit weapon which is destined to be modded for top damage only, you will have more than one elemental damage, so the spoiled strike will definitely be better than a elemental damage mod..

for example:

Build 1 of scindo prime : With Spoiled StrikeN0VhBF2.png

Total Damage achieved:1282.48

Build 2 of scindo prime : Without Spoiled Strike2pmy2jL.png

Total damage achieved: 996.71

See the difference? i sacrifised 0.2 of my attack speed for a boost of around 300 damage Which is very worth it if you ask me and same goes with other non crit and berserk build weapon. Spoiled Strike definitely worth to put inside the build, unless that weapon is slow as fk  like the sheev.

And OH, What is exactly your point for posting this saying it is overrated and then say RIP at the end? what i see is, you are kind of like a... anti mainstream person that hates everything that is popular and tries to burn it down.

If you stack 5 elementals together. Of course spoiled strike is better. But you shouldn't stack those elementals together at the start because if you take out 2 elementals and use killing blow and reflex coil, you will get a huge damage bonus with only 1 energy per hit (which is like nothing). I can't believe the number of people who does not channel is this high.

it improves the over all physical damage of the particular weapon thus it will also increase other elemental damage you gain.. mostly on the weapon like dragon nikana or the scindo prime and all those other non-crit weapon which is destined to be modded for top damage only, you will have more than one elemental damage, so the spoiled strike will definitely be better than a elemental damage mod..

for example:

Build 1 of scindo prime : With Spoiled StrikeN0VhBF2.png

Build 2 of scindo prime : Without Spoiled Strike2pmy2jL.png

See the difference? i sacrifised 0.2 of my attack speed for a boost of around 300 damage Which is very worth it if you ask me and same goes with other non crit and berserk build weapon. Spoiled Strike definitely worth to put inside the build, unless that weapon is slow as fk  like the sheev.

And OH, What is exactly your point for posting this saying it is overrated and then say RIP at the end? what i see is, you are kind of like a... anti mainstream person that hates everything that is popular and tries to burn it down.

A person who does not use killing blow have no right to judge others.

Channeling outside of Lifestrike to heal is overrated.

Channeling Lifestrike included is overrated. There are Rejuvenation, Nekros, Oberon and really a lot of things to gain Health without be forced to build a weapon around that mod. 

Edited by Latronico

Channeling Lifestrike included is overrated. There are Rejuvenation, Nekros, Oberon and really a lot of things to gain Health without be forced to build a weapon around that mod. 

Yeah because it is a lot better to give up your Aura slot for gimpy Rejuvenation than simply modding your melee with Lifestrike.

NOT

You'll get more healing out of Steel Charge due to it buffing your melee damage, lulz. Really, Lifestrike is probably the most powerful mod in the game atm.

Yeah because it is a lot better to give up your Aura slot for gimpy Rejuvenation than simply modding your melee with Lifestrike.

NOT

You'll get more healing out of Steel Charge due to it buffing your melee damage, lulz. Really, Lifestrike is probably the most powerful mod in the game atm.

How many slots will you waste to compensate the -140% malus on Channeling efficiency given by Life Strike? Because you know, it works untill you have a certain Energy pool to be able to channel. Both on the Warframe and on the melee weapon.

At this point is far better to use Rejuvenation and save slots for damage mods on weapons and power mods on Warframe and use a 75% power efficiency build, that will allow to never run out of Energy. 

How many slots will you waste to compensate the -140% malus on Channeling efficiency given by Life Strike? Because you know, it works untill you have a certain Energy pool to be able to channel. Both on the Warframe and on the melee weapon.

At this point is far better to use Rejuvenation and save slots for damage mods on weapons and power mods on Warframe and use a 75% power efficiency build, that will allow to never run out of Energy. 

No one levels Lifestrike.  Pointless due to the very reason you listed on efficiency, add onto the fact that it heals you 5% of damage done.  Sounds crappy at 5%, huh?  Until you see a channeled hit is no less then 5k with little mods.  That's a 250 heal right there, in one hit, now imagine two, three, four hits. 

How many slots will you waste to compensate the -140% malus on Channeling efficiency given by Life Strike?

You don't rank Lifestrike up, obviously.

5% of possibly thousands of damage will top you right off.

Best. Mod. EVER.

EDIT: Ninja'd....

Edited by Brimir

for example:

Build 1 of scindo prime : With Spoiled Strike

N0VhBF2.png

Build 2 of scindo prime : Without Spoiled Strike

2pmy2jL.png

>Thinks warframe builder calculates status chance

gg

Spoiled strike is never worth it on weapons that use berserker.

It's meant to provide an alternative playstyle, yet does not give as much dps-More damage per hit rather than per second.

>Thinks warframe builder calculates status chance

gg

Spoiled strike is never worth it on weapons that use berserker.

It's meant to provide an alternative playstyle, yet does not give as much dps-More damage per hit rather than per second.

u no read properly?  i said its very useful for weapons that is not depending on crit berserker build. And when did i say anything about status chance? Dude i think you have a very very misleading imagination about other people's comment. READ PLS.

Edited by Tar_Spit_Fire

They're totally different. Heavy Caliber and Magnun Force have both an huge malus on accuracy that turn the weapon into trash. 

Spoiled Strike can stack (or stuck, one of these two words) with Fury to still have a good attack speed like 1.1, 1.2 or more on already fast weapons. 

To clarify: I didn't mean to imply that Heavy Caliber is the same as Spoiled Strike, it's not. But it is to Serration what Spoiled Strike is to Pressure Point: its positive effect adds a percentage to base damage. That's the reason I called it the "closest equivalent", because there are no other tainted mods that increase base damage further. Multishot mods on the other hand are straight up multipliers, thus better.

So, at the end, if a weapon is able to reach one of these attack speeds (considering the stance mods), Spoiled Strike worths, because as I and someone else wrote, it makes physical and elemental damage scale for only 1 slot cost.

No argument there, I wrote something similar in my first post.

About low attack speed for Channeling Efficiency, you're hitting a dead horse for me. Personally I think that Channeling is good only for 1 vs 1 melee fight, for the matter of Energy wasted durint the process.

I agree, I'm only channelling in situations like that, too.

It's true, there is a loss of DPS in this way (to have a better Efficiency), but consider that these builds are meant to be used against enemies that requires a single channeled (?!) hit to be killed (so at the end there is no difference between an higher speed that requires more hits, and a lower one that requires only one hit).

I just explained the reason why sometimes someone use Spoiled Strike instead of Pressure Point (I repeat, to have a lower attack speed).

I was curious if you're actually using a build that replaces Pressure Point with Spoiled Strike. It looks like you aren't, and we're basically on the same page: Spoiled Strike on top of Pressure Point (even without Fury) has its uses, Spoiled Strike instead of Pressure Point doesn't.

A person who does not use killing blow have no right to judge others.

lol I was like........where is killing blow.....I went to my DNikana Preset C to replicate his build and im like.................naaaaaaaaaaaaaah I need Killing Blow and I want my Ch. cost at 1-3

snip

spoil strike + overall damage which increases every thing so its a good thing

but since elemental proc on weapon is overall more useful we prefer elemental even tho its be lower damage

the other reason we dont really (well me) like using it cause DE nerfed fury down from 60 to 30% (maxed) and spoil eat -20% more from it... pretty much u hit hard but how fast can u do it 

i prefer moderate damage and attack fast as hell

once upon a time a mod called spoiled strike emerged ( i totally hate the fact that corrupted mod do less than the non corrupted counterpart)

if you have 2 elements or more spoiled strike gives you more dmg than another element

100 base dmg wep

gives you 220 dmg with pressure point (go learn math)

with spoiled strike it gives you 320 dmg (again go learn math) its 100 percent of the base added to the final (doesnt multiply)

instead of adding spoiled strike you add fever strike 90 percent 

gives you 180 more dmg (yes elements will multiply) giving a total of 400 dmg

pressure point +spoiled strike+element(for a 100 base dmg wep)=320+ 90% x 320 =320+288= 608

pressure point +element + element =220 +90% x 220 + 90%of 220= 616

pressure point +spoiled strike + element + element = 320+90% x 320 + 90% x 320 = 896

pressure point  + element + element + element = 220+90% x 220+90% x 220+90% x 220= 814

so yeah 

Science yo 

jk

your thread made me do math 4 my first time 

I was chatting with a fellow aged clan mate last night. Apparently he didn't have spoiled strike but always wanted it. I was happy to give him a spare. He was excited. It's use in a build may be contested, but it was quit effective at helping my feel that warm glow of hooking somebody up with a mod they need and I have extra of. *group hug*