Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hopefully The Last Ever Thread About Excal Prime...

Sifu

First things first - DE said it and I hope they will never change their mind - Exclusive Founders gear will never be obtainable anymore.

Discussion if it was a good or bad idea shouldnt be here or anywhere on the forums. What I want to discuss is that why people asking for Excalibur and forgets about at least 10 other weapons, that are now unobtainable for any other reasons...  Also why they are not asking about Lato Prime and Scana Prime? And more importantly,why no bad feelings about the rarest and coolest Lato Vandal? I want Strun Wraith and Snipetron Vandal, so what? Cry a river?

Maybe free of charge Vandal and Wraith gear will return someday, but Founders got their gear because we actually supported DE during its kickstarter time. Only because Founders Excalibur have a word Prime in it, you think that you have the right to get it from the Void runs or buy it with plat?

We have 16 (!) not obtainable weapons now, so whoever joined the game after last event WILL miss 48000 of affinity. Please, deal with this fact. Like alot of people deal with the fact, that they will never get a Nobel Prize. No matter, how long and loud they cry, they wont get it. So please, stop asking for Nobel Founders Primes, they are our reward for being with DE from the start, helping them with our own hard earned $.

PS. This thread was inspired by a terrible suggestion for a Void frame, to replace Excalibur Prime for Founders... Author, be ashamed. Founders are people like you, why you think you deserve something for free when they got it with hard effort?

And last for the whole community - people, be greatful, that we have such kind developers, that are actually listening to us, making contests and giving away alot of prizes almost non-stop. Stop making their work harder, by cornering their decisions with your constant urge for things, that long gone and became memory. Seriously, stop it!

The devs already released a PSA about this somewhere though, posting this is only going to make people mad at you even if you have good intentions :/

Also, wiut, nobel prize was for people who worked hard *in improving humanity via science, literature etc*, equating it with founders that was obtained via purchase is definitely going to make your otherwise plausible argument sound like it has no credibility

*edited to be clearer

Edited by Somedude1000

I havn't seen any threads about it recently so I wonder why you're bringing it up now?

Don't get me wrong, I understand the intent.

Just feel like its adding fuel to the almost extinguished fire.

Lets not talk about it anymore. We know its not coming back because DE will be in hot water if it does without some sort of agreement with founders.

Its just a couple of shiny trinkets anyway. Big woop. It gets you bragging right at best.

Let sleeping dogs lie.

To answer your questions OP, Excalibur Prime is the most obvious missing piece of the game out of the lot. Second, it wasn't just during kickstarter time, it was all available up until 2 weeks prior to PS4 release - and offered only on PC for no good reason. At no point ever can this be considered acceptable and defendable.

It is an issue, a permanent issue. However the reason it is a hot issue is because Excalibur is still a starter frame, still named the first one in the codex (basically stating that it must have a prime), Excalibur Prime statues are still in the game and mod art featuring him is still in the game.

TBH at the very least they should offer it on both PS4 and XBONE - same price as on PC. PS4 version anniversary is coming soon.

The devs already released a PSA about this somewhere though, posting this is only going to make people mad at you even if you have good intentions :/

Also, wiut, nobel prize was for people who worked hard, equating it with founders that was obtained via purchase is definitely going to make your otherwise plausible argument sound like it has no credibility

About what? Excal Prime being founders exclusive? Yea, he's already mentioned that.

Obtaining something via purchase means we use our hard earned money to get it. It still involves work.

I am not a founding member, I am not even a member that has been here for ages but I totally agree with this.

At the end of the day founder items were meant for founder members. There should be no dispute about this, however, I think that the issue with retired weapons that are now basically unobtainable need to be addressed.

I want to be able to say at some point that I have completed this game in its entirety (probably unrealistic, I know but one can dream right?) and the fact that there are so many weapons that I can never level is upsetting.

It would be awesome if the bp's got reintroduced as alerts or something just for players like me who grind their teeth to dust thinking about this stuff.

About what? Excal Prime being founders exclusive? Yea, he's already mentioned that.

Obtaining something via purchase means we use our hard earned money to get it. It still involves work.

I dont understand which part of the statement you're qouting bro

It does, but not to the point of how difficult it is to get a Nobel prize which is awarded for international scientific / literary / humane achievement, which takes a lifetime to get, while earning money from a job to make a purchase is hard (mainly coz of the job part of course, the economy is not being nice), theyre hardly a similar thing

Edited by Somedude1000

I havent seen any threads about this in a while so why would you post this? Sure its annoying when someone asks about a release of the founder items but making a thread like this is just rubbing it in their faces.

He had good intentions, its just the way he conveyed them that made it seem horrible 

I havn't seen any threads about it recently so I wonder why you're bringing it up now?

I mentioned it near the bottom of my message - the thread about Void frame. Dont want to link it, enough to say idea was terrible.

There are threads about Founders Gear appearing every so often, because well, people actually see Excal Prime ingame and feeling butthurt.

It does, but not to the point of how difficult it is to get a Nobel prize which is awarded for international scientific / literary / humane achievement, which takes a lifetime to get, while earning money from a job to make a purchase is hard (mainly coz of the job part of course, the economy is not being nice), theyre hardly a similar thing

The Founders gear itself is no Nobel Prize for sure, but the effort, that some people are putting into whine for getting it... is awesomly similar.

Excalubur Prime words should be treated as profanity and be replaced with &$$%##.

Haha, I`m up for that :D

And you all seems to focus on Founders gear, but I also said, that we have 16 not obtainable items now, all quite status weps. Lato Vandal, Strun Wraith, Gorgon Wraith... the problem seems to be only with Founders shinies T_T

Edited by Vicious_D

The Founders gear itself is no Nobel Prize for sure, but the effort, that some people are putting into whine for getting it... is awesomly similar.

I guess so bro, but the way you phrased it  seem makes it seem like you're trying to make people feel bad for not owning it.  While it is kinda disgruntling to see these threads, you can easily ignore them just like the devs do and save lots of time,

People are always gonna want waht they cant have, and they are always gonna whine. This is because some people are douchebags.

Telling them to stop is only going to make them want to whine more, in my experience, as has been said that premier observation of an experiment alters its outcome, so too does premier instruction to avoid a subject increase the butthurt .

why do u insist on kicking a dead horse?

I think people are still asking for it (newer players admittedly) but it may be something that needs to be revisited regularly to get rid of confusion. I see it in chat all the time and I held this opinion until I quickly realised why the founders pack was exclusive and not to be bracketed with unavailable weapons.

The point is about the very same 16 weapons I can't get! Why should I be punished for joining when the game when it began to gain popularity? I want to reach high mastery in the game but at this moment in time, I will not be able to do so.

Haha, I`m up for that :D

And you all seems to focus on Founders gear, but I also said, that we have 16 not obtainable items now, all quite status weps. Lato Vandal, Strun Wraith, Gorgon Wraith... the problem seems to be only with Founders shinies T_T

Everything except Founder thingies is release-able.

Everything except Founder thingies is release-able.

Who told you that? You have link-proof? Its just a wild speculation that they will be rereleased...

I guess so bro, but the way you phrased it  seem makes it seem like you're trying to make people feel bad for not owning it.  While it is kinda disgruntling to see these threads, you can easily ignore them just like the devs do and save lots of time,

People are always gonna want waht they cant have, and they are always gonna whine. This is because some people are douchebags.

Telling them to stop is only going to make them want to whine more, in my experience, as has been said that premier observation of an experiment alters its outcome, so too does premier instruction to avoid a subject increase the butthurt .

My intention is to stop it once and for good. People, that dont own it thinks that my thread is a punch in the face. People, who own it - that I`m punching the dead horse\dog etc. Maybe truth is elsewhere?

Edited by Vicious_D