Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Disturbing Trend Of New Players Vs. Veteran Players

Arlayn

What... o.O confusion has taken hold of me... what in Lotus name are you talking about... Does anyone understand. Can someone translate to me, or to him... someone? This went on dead ears entirely. I was talking about if all missions scaled outside of Boss missions. I would like to turn that off to just enjoy it. What in the hell are you talking about? If such a thing was in the game why haven't I fought level 30 grineer outside of survival on Mercury when I play solo then? Explain that conundrum.

edit: I also haven't seen enemies scale violently on Terminus when I show up with new players. So yeah what scaling are you talking about?

edit2: unless your talking about how elements work then allow me to tell you a story of when advanced elements first came out. The explanation was on wiki.. Not yet in game.

edit3: unless you mean the original elements well then it was no where. Because Closed beta.

Was clearly talking about multiplayer, the bulk of which my comment was even about. And I've been here since the original elements so I already know about how it was, thats all irrelevent now though since they have made modding easier than ever to understand since.

I promised myself not to post on these forums/be bothered with stuff anymore after the DE staff not replying to a few simple questions, yet they kept replying to more stupid questions on the forums.

Which brings us to this...you said (original poster): "These newer players either don't come on the forums. Don't know how to use the forums, or simply are checking out the game"

Now if someone doesn't know HOW to use forums...they should find out. Which makes you think that they are underage. I see this all the time in the game as well...people trying to buy or sell things that are not sellable, even though the things you can sell is clearly listed when you enter the trade channel. People asking basic questions, even though there is a wiki where there are links to warframe basics videos on youtube and so on.

"Tell them the controls, and have them play things others say is hard, but you feel is easy. See how they handle themselves in the situation." Tell them the controls? Isn't that what the tutorial is for? And again...wiki. Yes you can say "What if they don't know about the wiki?" Today, nearly every game (even indie games) has a wikipedia page...if you cannot google "warframe wiki", then i'm sorry but it's just natural selection for you not to comprehend enough to play the game. Oh and about controls...maybe just, i don't know...test it out? Because that's how i learned them. Not sure if you like a weapon or not? Test it out. One guy once wanted to join a vault run, i asked him if he has all the keys. He asked what keys...i told him to go to wiki to read about vault runs because i really don't have time to type the entire thing here right now (we were missing 1 person and i won't keep 2 persons + myself waiting just because i'm explaining things that can be found out elsewhere). He replied with "I hate u..." so yeah, screw him/her. This is just natural selection...if you're so damn lazy that you cannot be bothered with reading the wiki and learning things yourself...don't play.

"Give them the beginner gear. Give them stuff they can't use beyond the mastery rank most new players will have." And then watch them leave...i have personally tutored two people. I sacrificed my own time to get Paris Prime parts for them both, since it would open up a lot of doors to them, like T4 void missions and so on. And now? They have both been offline for over 20 days or so. Don't know if they're coming back or not, but i don't care anymore either. The other guy kept asking me questions...a lot. I answered him...even though i did say he should check wiki, many times...he did, but sometimes he still kept asking questions. Over the time, it gets really annoying. If you're not prepared to READ STUFF, don't play. Another thing with giving free stuff to new players (even if they would be in your clan) is, they might just grab it and then leave few days afterwards...kthxbai. I've seen people who have started to beg for platinum or prime parts or whatever on the clan/alliance chat almost right after recruiting them...that's like a slap in your face.

I have noticed that people tend to leave the game usually around the mastery ranks of 0-6. Maybe they find the game too repetitive, not to their tastes or whatever at different amount of time.

If you truly like this game and it's interesting...you WILL find out the things you need to know. It's like the church trying to stop teenagers from having sex. They will find a way. xd Even if people tell you: "Shut up i'm busy!", you know what to do...google up the damn wiki and read, learn, put it to use, see it come reality, go and join higher missions once you know you're ready. Fail, learn from those failures, grind and learn your way through until you're happy. Say: "Oh goddammit!" when that same prime part drops for 3rd or 4th time in a row and you're still looking for that rarest prime part drop. Because that's where the fun is...in the "work". The journey matters, not the destination so much...and if people pet you along the way and give you stuff...you will learn nothing, and will always be dependent on others, and to some, that would make you a liability.

I heard of a nice idea about a pill. You swallow this pill and whatever information is contained inside the pill, you would learn. Like english...would be a great invention to some. Hey, no more reading!

One more thing: http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/WARFRAME_Wiki  Just in case someone is too lazy...

theres alot of players doesnt even go to the forums to read these kinds of topics

the real community is not in the forums, but in the region tab and the mission lobbies.

and alot of people doesnt treat this game as you do folks, they just simply play. 

i find alot of new players doesnt even talk and they just do whatever they want simply because

they are lost, still learning stuff by themselves

and they dont even bother to ask and read whatever your typing which is soooooooooo dam normal.

and this game somemore is fast paced and player's attention is on the game and not on the chat.

(curses to the mic system on this game)

sometimes you could see newbies ask for help, but there alot of moments when they get

so annoying asking alot and they dont even bother to learn things by themselves.

but the way i see the community INSIDE the game, its pretty much okay.

in missions on PUGS - most of the time its "take care of yourself we dont care if your new, dont drag the team down"

that happens since the game itself has NO NODE/ALERT/VOID tier limiters

so all new and old players could join. DE should consider player TIER barriers.

thats just my opinion on this matter as an old player.

Edited by Ritchel

haha I had this exact experience too!

I've been playing for about 10 days, and was about to uninstall Warframe from steam.

I only had 3 planets and I thought that was it, since this was a Free to play game, so I didn't expect much.

I decided to play one last match before uninstall,so I picked a defense mission on Venus.

That was the first time I encountered the veterans!!!

They were very weird looking warframes that looked nothing like the starting warframes I saw on Earth missions.

This warframe that kinda looked like female could wipe out entire room with some kind of fire AoE.

Another warframe looking like a juggernaut kept rezzing me everytime I went down.

After countless waves (I lost count lol) I asked them if I could stay in the squad.

And they said "yes" :DDDD

Thats when my journey began!!

They ended up taking me to the void, and dozen other planets and kept asking me if I was marked.

I have no idea what that means but they took me everywhere despite having to rez me 20 times per game.

I'm in a clan now and having a blast everytime I log in :)

(I even got 50% discount too!)

This is the best game ever lol

This post is golden.

Exactly how the game should be when vets and beginners meet. Nice read!

And a good positive example regarding the planned mentor system.

Edited by Leland_Gaunt

I could quote all the post above, but I will just go across something when it comes to new players. Googling Wiki is one thing. Reading it could lead to death of computer.. Which happens to me alot. If I open a wiki page my computer slows down severely. Something about its poor coding or something. Not to mention viruses galore on Wiki sites. Not to mention how insanely hard it is to find the thing you want when you trying to find something. Its like you REALLY have to dig just to find the tables for where things drop. I had to hop several different pages, and click on links within pages just to find the tables. That Warframe wiki site is just awful on so many levels. Not as bad as most gaming wikis which can be painful attempting to scour through as your Graphics card continually shuts down, the computer locks up, scripts go horribly wrong. Wiki is just purely a nightmare.

Information is best given by word of mouth. Sure you could read it up on the internet, but I would rather ask an ACTUAL professor on how chemical reaction works. Since the internet is absolutely useless. I mean it says some acids are weak, or slow. Good lord I have seen these acids in real life, and they do QUITE THE OPPOSITE. Wiki is VERY unreliable. Teaching players in chat is the right way to handle things. If you think I am wrong then why do most companies have a customer service with a chat? Why does customer service have a caller line? Because asking questions brings more clarity. Its like T-Mobile, and Verizon not explaining how their plans work. Saying it cost $100, but not including the phone price, and extra charges so in reality its a lie, and could go as high as $220 which is absurd for a phone plan. Talking brings clarity. Its always good to talk to people.

TL;DR, not most of it at least.

Excavation at least doesn't have the issue of where if you fail you automatically lose; if you fail, you just get less of a reward and keep trying until you want to extract or you actually run out of revives.

TL;DR, not most of it at least.

Excavation at least doesn't have the issue of where if you fail you automatically lose; if you fail, you just get less of a reward and keep trying until you want to extract or you actually run out of revives.

true, but you can get more into it, and find it exciting and fun when you successfully get the drill working right. Also I did find happiness in Excavation finally with the Tactical version.

My 2 cents on the issue is almost too simple.

People need to start talking about the bigger uglies sitting behind a lot of our nastier issues. It'd be cool to see more people finally talking about topics we all tend not to address directly. Things that effect new and old player adversely for different reasons - like the fact that enemy scaling in this game is so aggressive that it does force players to rely on the kind of gear players often find themselves angry about. 

"This is OP nerf it!" -> "DE can't nerf it! It's too likely it'll end up useless!" -> "But it's OP!" -> "Only on stuff under level 30! Think about the guys playing long rounds of Survival! That OP sort of stuff is necessary!"

Conversation flows like that example around here fairly often. I see it all play out on endless repeat week after week. It's just the amount of expletives and the nouns that like to do a lot of changing.

Feedback on these forums is bizarre for myriad reasons. I think the worse bits of it are how few people are truly looking to discuss things and talk compromise on clashing issues and how people tend to treat a great many topics as taboo for crap reasons like "But that'd take too much work".

More open minds. More compromise solutions. More support. More teaching. Less people just denying ideas or problems.

The best each of us can do as posters here in this community is attempt to get better in these sorts of ways. Hell, I'm not even perfect at giving feedback/discussing it.

BLATANT FOOL FOR PRESDENT

seriously it's nice too see a mediated response in these threads, even if it has to come from a mod.

haha I had this exact experience too!

I've been playing for about 10 days, and was about to uninstall Warframe from steam.

I only had 3 planets and I thought that was it, since this was a Free to play game, so I didn't expect much.

I decided to play one last match before uninstall,so I picked a defense mission on Venus.

That was the first time I encountered the veterans!!!

They were very weird looking warframes that looked nothing like the starting warframes I saw on Earth missions.

This warframe that kinda looked like female could wipe out entire room with some kind of fire AoE.

Another warframe looking like a juggernaut kept rezzing me everytime I went down.

After countless waves (I lost count lol) I asked them if I could stay in the squad.

And they said "yes" :DDDD

Thats when my journey began!!

They ended up taking me to the void, and dozen other planets and kept asking me if I was marked.

I have no idea what that means but they took me everywhere despite having to rez me 20 times per game.

I'm in a clan now and having a blast everytime I log in :)

(I even got 50% discount too!)

This is the best game ever lol

As a new player I had same experience and same outcome{minus the 50% discount!lol] now I'm hooked have thrown a few dollars at the game to help support it which I feel good about. However one thing I personally enjoy is the challenge and team work so when I ran into some very nice Vet's who took me around and showed me the way in the beginning I didn't feel like I was contributing to the fight's being new with starter gear. So one suggestion I think might be good is having a few starter places that match makes you with other starter people. I have played Mmo's fps's for decades now and the one thing I have noticed is when you put the same lvl nubs together in areas people tend to firstly talk to each other but also play together to get through the starting content .which in turn helps people make friends ,learn the game and overall make better high end players.

Also I want to thanks those vet's who helped me out and pointed me in the right direction because at the time no one would talk in the pubs not even say Hi when I would say Hi  in the chat . The mission would start everyone would already be gone doing there own thing and I would be left trying  to catch up an figure out what to do next. so I would tend to just do solo stuff but wait a minute isn't this a co op game? So any way I changed my opinion and have met some cool people, joined a clan having an awesome time and plan on staying around for the life of the game thanks to a few vets!