Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dark Sector Lockouts

ensignvidiot

"No Opponents could be found, please try again"

Based on this, its my understanding that it is impossible to play any dark-sector conflicts unless someone on some part of the world is trying to queue up as the opposing force.

Even if you try to queue as solo.

I think this is a flawed and silly design.

Sure, it means that the rail can't get Tenno'd down without noticed in the off-peak hours of play... but when one side is offering a six-figure credit number, and the other isn't offering anything... who is fighting for that side?

I thought the purpose of Spectre forces, and the proxy war, is that you didn't HAVE to fight against human-controlled Tenno, but it added to the experience. I understand if you are the member of the 'underfunded' alliance that you are inclined to assist your alliance. But with Pure Greed Rivaling the Corpus Balance on the mind, should it even be a factor when these situations arise?

Well, at the bottom of it all, I have time NOW to play warframe and to do the things i want to do. Why do i have to make time later to play a mode i want to play?

EDIT: now i know this is a glitch, as i can SEE the war reserves slowly bleeding out. Why am i barred from playing?

Edited by ensignvidiot

I'm not sure, but maybe you are not allowed to play Dark Sektors Solo?

I'v3e done it before, it overrides solo and you sttill get put on a team though

I tried online, solo, and friends. Each time it gave me the same message while the warreserves slowly counted down to 0. I have a ticket open on the matter, but i doubt this is a personal glitch.

Maybe its a problem witht he contesting of the node? Have you tried relogging bud?

In my experience, this only happens when you want to join the defending side when there is no opponents. (Because you technically can't sabotage your own rail, right? As well as providing the defenders with a level advantage)

I see you tried to get in on that 300k ICE battle pay as well.  I spent a good 20 minutes trying to get in on it and I got in finally but when the defending team was losing they all left so I didn't get a cent.

I really, really like the idea of DSC but when you enter a match your battle pay should be locked to you.  If the defender fails for any reason you should get the full battle pay.  Right now the alliances in power can just put a battle pay up and they may never even end up paying it because of the way they're set up.  If you want to keep your solar rail you should have to fess up what you offer.  Also entering the battle when the battle pay is 200k and getting 0 at the end of a success because of whatever logic is used for dolling out the battle pay/how often it can be changed really needs to be fixed.  You enter when it's 200k.  You should get 100k on loss and 200k on success for any reason.

My solution for now is to just let attackers win.  If this sounds like a bad thing it is but I'm getting my battle pay one way or another.  Logically the attackers shouldn't do this because they should want to drain the defender's battle pay reserve as quickly as possible but it's what ends up happening.

Also after a few attempts to find a session clicking on "accept" no longer searches for games.  The solution is to log out and back in.  It's annoying but as of right now it's still the fastest money in the game.

Edited by willis936

"No Opponents could be found, please try again"

Based on this, its my understanding that it is impossible to play any dark-sector conflicts unless someone on some part of the world is trying to queue up as the opposing force.

Even if you try to queue as solo.

I think this is a flawed and silly design.

Sure, it means that the rail can't get Tenno'd down without noticed in the off-peak hours of play... but when one side is offering a six-figure credit number, and the other isn't offering anything... who is fighting for that side?

I thought the purpose of Spectre forces, and the proxy war, is that you didn't HAVE to fight against human-controlled Tenno, but it added to the experience. I understand if you are the member of the 'underfunded' alliance that you are inclined to assist your alliance. But with Pure Greed Rivaling the Corpus Balance on the mind, should it even be a factor when these situations arise?

Well, at the bottom of it all, I have time NOW to play warframe and to do the things i want to do. Why do i have to make time later to play a mode i want to play?

EDIT: now i know this is a glitch, as i can SEE the war reserves slowly bleeding out. Why am i barred from playing?

You can only defend if someone is attacking because someone on the attacking side is hosting. Sometimes those people hosting are using it as an advantage and employing devious techniques to prevent opposing people from joining, and when they do join they are lagged out. This is why a good number of people have suggested dedicated servers for the dark sector conflict to help with these problems. 

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/319613-dedicated-servers-for-fair-pvp/

I see you tried to get in on that 300k ICE battle pay as well.  I spent a good 20 minutes trying to get in on it and I got in finally but when the defending team was losing they all left so I didn't get a cent.

I really, really like the idea of DSC but when you enter a match your battle pay should be locked to you.  If the defender fails for any reason you should get the full battle pay.  Right now the alliances in power can just put a battle pay up and they may never even end up paying it because of the way they're set up.  If you want to keep your solar rail you should have to fess up what you offer.  Also entering the battle when the battle pay is 200k and getting 0 at the end of a success because of whatever logic is used for dolling out the battle pay/how often it can be changed really needs to be fixed.  You enter when it's 200k.  You should get 100k on loss and 200k on success for any reason.

My solution for now is to just let attackers win.  If this sounds like a bad thing it is but I'm getting my battle pay one way or another.  Logically the attackers shouldn't do this because they should want to drain the defender's battle pay reserve as quickly as possible but it's what ends up happening.

Also after a few attempts to find a session clicking on "accept" no longer searches for games.  The solution is to log out and back in.  It's annoying but as of right now it's still the fastest money in the game.

Ummmmmmmmm that doesn't even make sense, the attacking team hosts, so it wouldn't matter if the defenders left or not, and even if the attackers lose, they still make half the battelpay. Do your research please before you post something.

Ummmmmmmmm that doesn't even make sense, the attacking team hosts, so it wouldn't matter if the defenders left or not, and even if the attackers lose, they still make half the battelpay. Do your research please before you post something.

OP probably means that it takes him too long to join games on the defending side - and when he gets in the game, its over before he can collect his battle pay. 

Sorry OP, but you don't get payment if it runs out.