Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Personalities You Attach To 'frames.

SuperTechmarine

Excalibur - Pragmatic, intelligent and handsome with leadership qualities and a charismatic personality to spare but has issues with his pride and massive ego. The quintessential Byronic Hero.

Frost - A level-headed guy who excels in tactical warfare, wise and old, too good for this sinful Galaxy and dies in the early parts of the story to set up Excalibur's character arc. The Big Brother Mentor of Excal.

Saryn - Arrogant and snarky but intelligent and pragmatic lady who is very aware of her physical charms and uses them to get ahead, yet manages to keep a strong sense of dignity about her. The Lady of War and the Big Sister of the group. Femme Fatale.

Vauban - Introverted and reclusive but a technical genius. Invented the Nova Warframe but the Tenno Council stole the credit for which he will forever have a grudge. The Smart Guy, also Badass Bookworm.

Volt - Excalibur's best friend and all-around great guy to be around out of fights, sympathizes easily with people and is very kind and trusting, for which he gets stabbed in the back by the more nefarious 'Framers. The Heart.

Valkyr - Hides her psychological trauma behind a wall of jerkass and temper. The Berserker.

Loki - An unfeeling introvert hiding behind the persona of a charismatic and outgoing person, everyone thinks he's stupid but in reality he might just be the smartest guy in the room. The Jerkass with the Heart of Gold. Excalibur's main rival.

Ash - Rebellious and quiet, doesn't trust the Lotus or any of his comrades. The Quiet Guy.

The Stalker - Pragmatic, dutiful, stern and hard. Sees the world in a black and white light. Has a strong sense of justice and duty. He never gives up, he'll fight to the bitter end and then some. The Stannis Baratheon of Warframe. He and the Lotus had a special relationship back in the Old War but the Mirage mission broke whatever link they had and it slowly went downhill from there with political gambit upon political gambit initiated by both of them until the Lotus decided she had enough and killed off the Orokin.

Oberon - Disappointed. by the Lotus' order, he fled the Tenno long ago and hides out in the edges of society, helping people in need wherever he can, unobstructed by any outdated traditions.

Hydroid - The craziest guy, cracks the best jokes but has a twisted sense of morality and is quite sadistic when it get's down to it.

Rhino - If the devil existed, Rhino would be him, he is brutal, bloodthirsty, savage and barbaric but is counter balanced by refreshing honesty about his ways, he does not pretend to be ’honorable’like his fellow tenno.

Yes, I like having flawed and morally grey characters. Reading A Song of Ice and Fire will desensitize you to anything else. But enough about me, what do you think your frames act in-universe.

Edited by SuperTechmarine

Loki=Michelangelo

Excalibro=Leonardo

Vauban=Donnatello

Rhino=Raphael.

Cowabunga, dude.

My personal list would get too long to post in the short amount of time I have to post it before I leave work... And I don't half &#! anything.

Edited by Kestral9999

I attach my own personality to all my frames, they are extensions of me... i think

This is why they are all hallucinating suicidal maniacs, faceless monsters capable of untold havoc and bringers of no salvation. They are the blood where the sand meets the river, and the unfeeling, non existant ice in the deserts of stone.

Would you still liek to be friends?

Excalibur - The shining innocent warrior. He fights for justice, but decides his own definition of right or wrong. He is true neutral. He will be your companion and your friend, even if you might later abandon him for someone more powerful.

Nyx - The haughty mistress of Chaos. She has a body she flaunts and a voice that will drive you mad with desire. Her powers protect her and her personality makes her seem tough, but it hides the fragility within her soul. She is Chaotic Neutral.

Volt - A master of electricity. He speaks quickly and is fast to love and hate. He adores discovering more about the world, but often forgets to stop and smell the roses. He is also Neutral Good.

Nekros - The lord of the undead. Death is his addiction and he feasts upon others to strengthen himself. Alone he is weak, but when others fight for him, he becomes their secret champion. He is Chaotic Evil.

Oberon - The unwavering paladin. Faith is his shield and he will dive headfirst into combat to become the Reckoning of his foes. He is Lawful Good and his powers oppose that of Nekros.

Valkyr - Driven mad by the experiments performed on her body. Her mind remains warped and she seeks vengeance against her tormentors. She will fight for those who have experienced the same pain as her, to prevent others from knowing despair. She is Chaotic Good.

And I would do others, but its 2am and I'm sleepy x'D

But yes, I do attach personalities to warframes and even do voices for them (the male ones at least).

-Snip-

#thisassumesFramesaren'tthesameperson

I for one believe they all have 1 personality.

Sociopathic rage to kill everything and everyone who gets in their way. No matter friend or foe they all must die, die, DIE.

Ontopic

Zephyr:  Flimsy, with a psycho attitude of happy happy joy joy with a kid like attitude. Flies greeting the greeneer before putting a bullet in their head. ( i can imagine her flying next to a heavy gunner screaming HAI!, blowing their brains out then saying BAI!)

Valkyr:  Basically a Berserk, rushing to the front lines to kill as many as possible in the most vicious ways as possible. She loves to see the guts of her enemies, and her screams make any Corpus run away. Some resort to suicide.

Saryn: Quite, Deadly, Snarky. Loves watching enemies melt in her goo. She seductive teasing her enemies, then watching them melt in her presence. One of the most feared warframes due to her sadistic nature, and the way she kills.

(Greneer training informs the greneer to commit suicide before she can attack)

Ember:  Loves shiny objects, loves the sight of her fire. She wants everything to be shiny... Wants everything to love fire like she does... Greneer love fire.. Corpus love fire.. Infested love fire... We all love fire, LETS SET THE WORLD ON FIRE! :D

Vauban: Smart, Technical, Strategic, has a little kids sense of humor. Laughs at the sight of the silly corpus getting flung around in his vortex, and roles on  the floor laughing when a Anctient walks on his bounce pad.

Ash: Careful, Strategic, Loves the sight of blood: Very sadistic, wants to cut anything he sees into tiny pieces. He hates being looked out and is very cautious with his moves. Though he loves the sight of a enemy getting their neck ripped open.

LokI:  Secretive, shy, has a kid like attitude: The only thing he loves more then killing corrupted, is to watch them shoot eachother. Watch them run around with sticks trying desperately to catch up. To loki its a game, to his enemies its certain death.

Nekros: Smart, Dark, Sadistic, cocky: He knows he himself is not powerful, though he is by far the smartest Warframe. He is respected due to his darkness that follows him. Enemies are informed to not look at Nekros because the very sight of him drives most to go mad and shoot themselfs. He may not be powerful, but he is a loose canon, because the enemies have no idea what he can do, and what they think they know makes him seem like the most powerful warframe.

Excalibre: Honorable, smart, cocky: Excalibre thinks of himself as the leader, he is the most skillfule tenno he is the most powerful. he uses melee because he knows hes the only Tenno who can truely use Melee to its full potential. he was the first, and hes the most powerful. Though that's his opinion.

Volt: Kid like attitude, sadistic, Funny: Volt loves to run around killing his enemies then reviving just to kill them again! He loves hearing the screams of his enemies, and rushes right next to them to watch them scramble to get away. He really enjoys bursting enemies heads open with a sniper. He loves frying enemies, but he likes the sight of brains all the more.

Mirage: Depressed, Kid like attitude, angry: She hates everything any everyone. She wants to make the enemies suffer. She is lonely so she made her own friends. She was in the dark for so long she uses the dark and light to make herself stronger, she was alone for so long... so long.. She will use anything to keep herself entertain. She doesn't want to go back to where she was.

Nyx: Kid like attitude, unknowing, uncaring, nonunderstanding: Doesn't know what she does, only hears screams.. Doesn't know why the enemies shoot eachother, but lets them do it anyway. She doesn't understand why the infested ask her to shoot them, but she happily obliges. She doesn't hate anyone. She just doesn't understand. Lotus is her only friend and she loves Lotus. She will do anything for Lotus.

Edited by Feallike

Excalibur - The still learning hero type

Frost - The Uru from Bleach. The calculated one.

Saryn - The over the top hot, but wise mentoring teacher type. Fun to hang out most of the time. Maybe a drinker, but can get serious when business calls.

Vauban - The Joker... The type of guy hat would blow a hole in fuel pipe, fill the halls of a grineer warship with fuel, and sing the song "Down CAME THE FIRE!!!, and BURNED UP ALL THE GRINEER!!! HAHAHAHA!!!" While shooting a flame thrower at the fuel, and burning up all the grineer drowning in fuel. Then blasting a hole in the haul of the ship, and doing a rocket pose out of the ship going... "WEEEEEEE"

Volt - The Sauske type. The kind of guy that learned the MGR lesson the hard way realizing the Corpus are not truly evil. The guy who choose the path of Sacrifice. Someone who has seen some serious stuff, and lost a best friend. Losing that best friend broke him, and made him cold, but strong. Someone who would do anything to achieve his goals.

Valkyr - Someone trying to come back to grips with reality. Lashing out violently at others, and purposely flinging herself into the heat of battle in the danger zone in order to punish herself even though it was the Corpus who did this to her.

Loki - Child at heart, and possibly has a thing for Ash. The type of guy who would run up to Ash like... "ASH-KUUN!!!" cling to him, and rub his head on his left asking what they are going to be doing today.

Ash - Like Shadow the Hedgehog, Vegta, Zabuza and every tough guy rebel out there. The kind who keeps to the way of the ninja as long as it convenient for him. Always followed by Loki, but allowing him to follow in a ZabuzaxHaku relationship fashion. The two are inseparable and sneak together in the shadows.

Oberon - ... Gandalf... Lets just say he is Gandalf.

Hydroid - I like to say he is Jack Sparrow.

Mirage - Harlequin from Batman. Her, and Vauban make a good team lol.

Zephy - philosophical. Always looking at the sky, and saying random wise stuff.

Mag - totally Bi-polar. One second innocent, The next a psycho path who raises her enemies above her, crushes them , and enjoys the rain of blood upon her. Will also kill anyone horrifically, and slowly if they hurt Excal.

Nyx - Cold, Calculatic, and almost uncaring. Shares no affection for any male. More with the amazon attitude of not needing a man to help her.

Ember - Think of Rouge from the 90s cartoon X-men with a country accent.

Nova - Like Remilla Scarlet's little sister. Loves having fun, but possibly slightly insane, and has a lust for blood.

Rhino - The Mentoring type. Like the big alien dude that helped our main character Green Lantern in the green latnern movie. Quiet. Clma. Caring, and wise.

Edit:

Excalibur Prime: The Legendary Hero

Loki Prime: Like a 300 Spartan, or Leonidus.

Mag Prime: Drop the nice side go full blown scary, and cold.

Rhino Prime: Double the awesome of Rhino in personality

Frost Prime: Double the calculative personality of Frost

Nyx Prime: More amazonian. she is like Xena.

edit:

Nekros - Kratos nuff said

Edited by Arlayn

Rhino - The powerhouse of the group. He is fully aware of his strengths and weaknesses, and would always be ready to put himself in harms way to protect someone else. Loyal and strong willed, he trusts his team to the fullest and expects them to do the same for him even if it means his mates taking advantage of him. His way of protecting can be taken as borderline suicidal, though.

Edited by maikkeli31

Excalibur - stoic swordsman, brave and decisive, the "face" of the tenno

Frost - quiet powerful leader, calm even in the face of death, carries the weight of the world on his shoulders

Nova - high spirited and outgoing, but sensitive, usually stays close to frost

Ember - somewhat hot tempered, but still cautious with her powers, due to her initial difficulty in controlling them

Loki - ash's biological brother, fast and cunning, also a tad mischievous

Ash - loki's biological brother, merciless killer in battle but always dedicated to justice

Saryn - voluptuous cunning beauty, untouchable due to high levels of toxin and her extremely independent nature. She's intrigued by rhino, he is unaffected by her toxin...

Rhino - incredible strength both in physical might and will, headstrong and has a heart of gold.

Vauban - extremely intelligent, brilliant tactician and medic, trained with frost, tenno second in command. Has unspoken reservations about the lotus...

Loki - An unfeeling introvert hiding behind the persona of a charismatic and outgoing person, everyone thinks he's stupid but in reality he might just be the smartest guy in the room. The Jerkass with the Heart of Gold. Excalibur's main rival. 

I'm picturing him as being played by Robert Downey Jr., with a bit of the Tony Stark persona mixed up with some additional angst. 

taken DE haven't explained why the frames are specific sexes, i think of Tenno as programs ala Ghost In The Shell, and the Warframes are just suits.

so in that case there's just one Tenno and each frame serves a purpose only, not a personality trait.

I will start with my favorite:

Nova - The child prodigy. Her abilities are effortless and she still cannot grasp how much power she truly wields. She has not seen enough of war making her somewhat naive to the destruction around her while at the same time she retains her girly and child-like persona. Other frames envy or admire her skills but being the youngest one means she is sometimes overprotected by them. (I use a pink/gold loadout)

Excalibur - Bold, but a true leader nonetheless. Follows orders without question knowing it is his duty to carry them out, although he is aware many of his orders are in the grey territory and will cause suffering for many. Heads the charge inspiring confidence and moral. (I use bold red/white colors for him, very little gray)

Frost - Has seen too much of war. He is seen as the mentor and protector of the rest. Wisest of the group. (I use mostly white with hints of blue)

Rhino - Overly confident and cocky. He's aggressive and not much for planning. Despite these flaws, he is good at what he does and he knows it. (bright orange)

Loki - The joker(NOT the character from batman) of the group. Alot of the things he does he does for entertainment. Likes to go around while invisible and troll his enemies. But most of the time he is seen annoying and pranking some of the more "serious" frames. However, he knows when to leave foolery behind and get results. All other frames are aware of this and put up with his antics knowing he will come through when it is needed. Oddly enough, he is Exalibur's right hand and while their personalities are extremely different, they make a great team. He is loyal to excalibur. (green)

Valkyr - Having been mentally and physically scarred, she has been left angry and explosive. Her "motherly" persona is still part of her but is buried deeply. While she no longer interacts with any of the other frames, her true intent of tearing up everything in the battlefield is to protect any of the other frames from the things she suffered. (crimson)

Ash - Secretly believes his is unmatched by any other frame and prefers going solo most of time. Harbors a resentment for loki as they are polar opposites. Only follows the tenno since he knows it is in his own best interest to do so. Cares little for anyone else and once there is no benefit of working together, he will disappear without goodbyes. (Black, with hints of deep red)

Mirage - Being one of the younger frames, she is still very active and ready to go battle. Has a huge crush on Loki and looks up to him. Tries to follow him around but loki is aware of this and has fun by playfully eluding her. However, she is still very reckless, not understanding that there is no room for playfulness in the battlefield. (checkered white and red pattern)

Trinity - The big sister of the group. She feels she is responsible for the others and believes it is her job to dot the i's and cross the t's on everything they do. 

Edited by alfaomega04

Each frame houses a unique Tenno for me. These are my mains:

Volt aka  'I meant to do that': Still over-compensates for his own abilities and trips over his own feet a lot and has an affinity of running through laser doors and ending up on his face while an accompanying Tenno tries not to laugh too loud at him. His pride is easily hurt, he'll get miffed at you.He's not entirely a spring-chicken and still learning what his own powers can or can't do for that matter. No matter how hard he tries, and fails, he still thinks his shields will protect him from a fireball. He's a loyal companion who will aid you, unless you think you're faster than him and you leave him behind. He'll be hurt but leave you to your own devices. All in all though, no matter what, he doesn't want to rub the wrong way. He wants to be a friend.

Frost aka 'Why am I babysitting?' : He's been there, done that. Still can't used to the hummingbirds in his laid back vulture of a world. He knows he's there to clean up and pick up after the more excitable Tenno. He won't lecture you out loud, but if his thoughts were broadcast you'd learn a thing or two. He won't say 'I  told you so' either. He wants you to live and learn. It might get on his nerves but he will protect you no matter what. The young'ins might not appreciate him, but when they realize how often he spares their life....

Loki aka 'How can you NOT see me, I'm not invisible': He takes advantage of the fact many Tenno try to ignore him. He knows they assume that he knows they think he'll go invisible...... so he has too much fun with that. He's a dog lover and always brings his steadfast invisible companion with him. Sometimes he brings the Kubrow too (yeah think about that). He's got a good sense of humor and makes light of the others. He knows they're just jealous of what he can do. Again, he knows they assume he knows what they'll think he'll do... so he doesn't do that. He surprises them. 'Nobody expects the......visible Loki?

Nekros aka '....fine. Hand me the shopping list'- Knows Tenno tolerate his...unsettling appearance (bright pink, you can't go wrong) since he can loot better than they can. He'll happily go through pockets if you do your end, which is covering his! If you don't help him help you, he just gets out the guns and shadows (did they get in your way? Oh so sorry....not). Or if worse comes to worse, he'll scare the enemies away from himself which means they run from you too. Does it do it on purpose, you'd better believe it. So stick together. Grave robbing is not a solo effort. He gives you easy pickin, the least you can do is be there for him. Sometimes he might fantasize about using his punch on you, but he's got an amazing amount of restraint, consider yourself lucky. He too is a dog lover. After all, his Kubrow doesn't judge him and he's got a companion who will happily flop into his lap and keep him warm after a long hard mission. Both of them snore like you couldn't imagine.

Edited by (PS4)Folkeye

Excalibur-  Naive, Courageous, basic protagonist.

Vauban-  Arrogant, scoffs at his enemies and allies alike behind his mask.

Volt- Fabulous

Nekros-  Quiet and shy for reasons he cares not to share

Rhino-  RAINO SMASH!!!

Ash-  Edgy to the point of satire

Loki-  Mischievous of course

Frost-  Chivalrous, willful, and tactical.

Loki - Probably the silent type
Saryn - Probably the silent type
Nyx - Probably the silent type
Nova - Probably the silent type
Nekros - Probably the silent type
Ember - Probably the silent type
Mirage - Probably the silent type
Ash - Probably the silent type
Excalibur - Probably the silent type
Volt - Probably the silent type
Vauban - Probably the silent type
Mag - Probably the silent type
Waterboy - Probably the silent type
Trinity - Probably the silent type
Oberon - Probably the silent type
Banshee - Probably the silent type
Rhino - Probably the silent type
Frost - Probably the silent type
Zephyr - Probably the silent type
Valkyr - Not so silent.

*cough* xD

Edited by Shehriazad

Excalibur - stoic swordsman, brave and decisive, the "face" of the tenno

Frost - quiet powerful leader, calm even in the face of death, carries the weight of the world on his shoulders

Nova - high spirited and outgoing, but sensitive, usually stays close to frost

Ember - somewhat hot tempered, but still cautious with her powers, due to her initial difficulty in controlling them

Loki - ash's biological brother, fast and cunning, also a tad mischievous

Ash - loki's biological brother, merciless killer in battle but always dedicated to justice

Saryn - voluptuous cunning beauty, untouchable due to high levels of toxin and her extremely independent nature. She's intrigued by rhino, he is unaffected by her toxin...

Rhino - incredible strength both in physical might and will, headstrong and has a heart of gold.

Vauban - extremely intelligent, brilliant tactician and medic, trained with frost, tenno second in command. Has unspoken reservations about the lotus...

Way to go Rhino!

Oberon: Always imagined him as the guy who takes this balance thing VERY seriously. To the point of when all the other Tenno go on their various rampages he just dies a little inside before slamming everyone and following because it would be worse if he abandoned them.

Loki: He just appears all the time. To the point where others got used to it. Often plays various pranks because he is bored a lot, as nothing puts up a fight.

Ash: Like Loki, appears a lot, but every time it scares people. They don't like it when he is not in their vision. Everyone is suspicious of him. He just wants to stab people.

Valkyr: Covered.

Nekros: Not a very good fighter. Would rather do his thing with corpses then make them. Really annoying to be around because he is practically addicted to doing it. His scream is earshattering.

Vauban: Old Man of the group. Crazy Old man.

Nyx: Pretentious as they come. Has a better then you attitude, and rather childish when provoked (which isn't hard).

Rhino: Meathead.

Volt: To fast for his own good. Finds it difficult to communicate as it often evolves into high speed gibberish. Has a attention span shorter then a goldfishes memory.

Frost: Motto: Like a give a S#&$. He does not care. At all.

Ember: Tomboyish, really in your face. Gets distracted by shiny. Someone Dim until fire is involved, then she is on it.

Saryn: Elder sister like. I am better then you because I just am. Hard to provoke, often makes other Tenno trying to screw with her backfire horribly. Even more horribly if your not a Tenno. 

Nova: New Girl. Likes explosions. Good friends with Ember. Smarter.

Mirage: Really really depressed. 

Hydroid: Like Rhinos beachified cousin.