Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Personalities You Attach To 'frames.

SuperTechmarine

Why is everyone saying that Volt is a naive, kind, friendly, speed obsessed and narcissic dude ? :|

Volt is a badass, Volt does not give a ruk about kindness (you're just either a partner or business or on his list of things to ruk up today) or self appearance, if you mess with Volt you will be kogake/obex punched so bad that you will end into grilled small steaming particles, you can't hide from Volt, you can't escape Volt, Volt does not forgive, Volt does not forget.

Because his theme is electricity.

No, being the Stalker would include the fact of knowing defeat. Volt does not know defeat.

Doesn't know defeat eh? I can't let that stand.

My Ash challenges Volt to a dance off, Brutal Tide Obex style!

He shan't be defeated, but he shall be served >:)

Electricity is not kind and self obsessed. Electricity does not forgive, electricity does not forget.

So electricity is the stalker?

Edited by Semshol

Doesn't know defeat eh? I can't let that stand.

My Ash challenges Volt to a dance off, Brutal Tide Obex style!

He shan't be defeated, but he shall be served >:)

Taz is Volt ! Volt is Taz !

So electricity is the stalker?

Electricity emits light and pain when you hit it, stalker emits blood and cries when you do the same on it.

Electricity powers everyone else but in high amounts can turn people to ash.

Aka, some cool guy with a hidden dark side.

Eeeeeexactly ! A cool guy that will mess you up if you dare to call him fabulous again !

Edited by Einde

Lets make the what they are, sociopaths that enjoy killing.

Ash-has strongest body and mind of all Tenno what can be seen by his skill set. He is bent on making his powers efficient in killing as they can be, and he is set on achieving his missions in most efficient ways. Silent type that doesnt talk much and enjoy killing as passtime.

Sociopath score 7/10

Banshee-ruthless and supportive, she likes to play with her targets. Enjoys confusing targets and make them suffer while shattering their ear drums and destroying them with sound waves. Likes to watch her targets wither in pain, but hates hearing their screams as they annoy her.

Sociopath score 9/10

Ember-easygoing and quite self secure, likes to kill her targets slowly. And giving them worst physical pains possible. Fascinated by watching people burn as that makes her happy and gives her sense of accomplishment. Contrary to the general belief, she is not provoked easily and is one of the most stoic Tenno. But when she is provoked, nothing in Universe is safe from her rage fits.

Sociopath score 9/10

Excalibur-friendly and "all like him" type who hides his dark side very well. Has thing for maiming and chopping enemies for fun. Doesnt really care about how missions are done as long as he can maim and mutilate something. In groups he trys to maintain his cool and friendly appearance, tho everyone knows what he does.

Sociopath score 7/10

Frost-de facto leadership figure for Tenno without any real skills that can back him up for that position. He enjoys being seen as leader and carismatic, while he is only insecure and feeding of others admiration. Makes other do his job for him and takes credit in the end. He is quite manipulative and has great persuasion. Sees himself as artistic and is trying to use his ice powers to make some art.

Sociopath score 8/10

Hydroid-laziest Tenno overall, who doesnt care about time and is never in a hurry. He likes to take his time when dealing with his targets and will play with them. That being said, he also has playful personality and will kill his targets in the most amusing way for him. He doesnt care about anyone and would even turn on his fellow Tenno if he was bored.

Sociopath score 6/10

Loki-while being seen as mischievous and trollish, he is in reality quite ruthless and merciless. Doesnt care what he needs to do to accomplish his mission, and will even sacrifice his allies without any thought, if that is needed. Manipulative and strategic, he will use any resource he have to do what is needed, and will stop at nothing to finish his mission. Likes to put blame on others for his fails. No emotions for anyone except himself.

Sociopath score 8/10

Mag-insecure and introvented, she likes to vent her anger on her enemies. And some unsuspecting friendlies ( if she is sure that she wont be caught ). Among other Tenno she acts shy and friendly, when i reality she hates everyone and would be happiest if she could kill them all. By crushing their bones and leave them to suffer. While smirking from safe distance.

Sociopath score 10/10

Mirage-hates Loki. She hates him so much that she is trying to make him look underpowered and not skilled enough in every mission they are put together. Her hate is fueled by him being somewhat similar to her, and she is technically hating herself. She doesnt like what she does, and why she is doing it, killing is not what not her thing. And this is the reason for her self hate. Tho, she would gladly kill Loki.

Sociopath score 5/10

Nekros-anorexic and scared of the word, he likes to play with corpses. Has strict diet consisting of what he killed. Tho, hes like the term "what i hunted". Likes self mutilation and to torture others, as that is the only time when he feels alive. Nothing can make him happy and other Tenno annoy him, while he is still longing for Tenno flesh. Why? Because he thinks flesh will make him stronger and help him get rid of his fears.

Sociopath score 10/10

More is coming, i need inspiration and food. :)

Edited by RoboDoge

Personalities..ka?

I didnt really think about it until this moment...so lets see then

Excalibro: Excalibur in my opinion is one that passes judgement from his one sight if it benefits the innocent. He is strong and agile and wouldnt fear any enemy that comes across his path.

Ember: Ember, as we know from her codex entry, was stained as a child in the orokin void, which is why i see the wild and impatient spirit in her. She may not have the same seeking of vengeance like Valkyr has, but sure feels a lot angry when facing grineer or any other kind of unfriendly races.

Rhino: Rhino up until now, if we dont get any other bulkier frame, is in my opinion the guardian- the protector. I imagine his kind staying in front of the gates and dont letting any enemy pass by him. He would be the one that would run into the hordes when his comrades would need to be saved, kinda like a guardian angel you might say.

Mag: Mag in my opinion is a calm and wise spirit. Magnetism needs heavy concetration, thus  she needs to retain herself from thinking to wild and instead she uses tactics to decieve and succesfully kill the enemy.

Volt: Volt is what I think a rather cold but in the deepest core a gentle person. He may shrug you of sometimes but he would still help you if you would be in danger. He may be a little bit too concentrated and wouldnt try to hurt if it wasnt needed.

Ash: I would give Ash the usual Ninja characteristics. Honorable, trained well and even when he kills, he tries to do it with as less pain as possible.

Broberon: Oberon is a kind of nobel cleric to me, he is the one that might would interact the most with the innocents, trying to save and or heal them.

Nekros: I imagine nekros as a kind of warrior that had lost his emotions and kills with the only objective to fullfill his duty. Being exposed to death so many times, and even doing necromancy, he would be the one that even in the most dangerous situation, wouldnt flinch at all.

Saryn: Saryn is a more stealthier assasin. In my opinion she would be a rather cold character , holding back her emotions for the sake of completing the job. She would try to find more efficient ways to poison her enemies then rightfully attack them.

Imagine her leaving her shell to recieve the enemy and puncture them with high poisoned needles

Hydroid: Hydroid is the typical ocean-loving person to me, i imagine rather being calm but still smiling like a badass during battle.

Mirage: Mirage is like the lotus says, a trickster , in my opinion. She would be a kind and joyful character and always have a trick up her sleeve, decieving the enemy with clever minded attacks and or traps.

Loki : Loki is a kind of engineer to me, he tries to disarm and cloak himself while undercover. He is the one that would be the first to stealthly run through an enemy base without being noticed.

Vauban: Vauban would be the combo to Rhino, the defensive proc to an impenetrable wall. While Rhino counters the enemy, vauban would prepare the defensive and weakening procs.

Nyx : Nyx is an hypnotic frame for me, she would be sturdy and would not give in - in an discussion unless she wasnt 100 % she would be wrong. She would have strong telepathic powers to break through and crush the enemys mind.

Frost: Frost would be the a rather crazy character that is attached to ice and water. He would be a hard working character, always training himself to become stronger.

Valkyr: Valkyr is the stained soul, full of rage and hatred to her enemys and corpus. I imagine her being very blood thirsty in a mission and not giving mercy when an enemy would lie beneath her feet.

All Primes in General: To generalize my opinion of primes, i think they are simply said wiser and calmer versions of their tenno versions. Generals of their own kind, so to speak.

Hydroid - The craziest guy, cracks the best jokes but has a twisted sense of morality and is quite sadistic when it get's down to it.

I always envisioned him as a sort of noble, lord-of-the-sea type, but I actually like your take a lot more. I can totally picture an older, scruffy-looking fellow with a very weak social filter and a jovial demeanor that can turn dark surprisingly fast.

I mean come on, Tentacle Swarm *is* one of the more "torturous" abilities :)

Volt - The Sauske type. The kind of guy that learned the MGR lesson the hard way realizing the Corpus are not truly evil. The guy who choose the path of Sacrifice. Someone who has seen some serious stuff, and lost a best friend. Losing that best friend broke him, and made him cold, but strong. Someone who would do anything to achieve his goals.

Loki - Child at heart, and possibly has a thing for Ash. The type of guy who would run up to Ash like... "ASH-KUUN!!!" cling to him, and rub his head on his left asking what they are going to be doing today.

Nova - Like Remilla Scarlet's little sister. Loves having fun, but possibly slightly insane, and has a lust for blood.

Holy Carp, as in, the fish.

A Touhou AND a Log Horizon fan?!

You, sir, have made my day.

((The mentioning of Flandre gives you bonus points.))

Edited by Sitchrea

You really like using the word pragmatic

It just rolls of the tongue in a pleasant way.

The Pragmatic Pragmate of Pragmatic Pragmatism

I can totally picture an older, scruffy-looking fellow

My headcanon is that Tenno like most Orokin are immortal, so eternal youth! :D

So instead of an older, scruffy-looking fellow what about Johny Depp as a Hydroid Pilot?

Two Vastos in each hands ? Freaking dual Akvastos ?

Approved, nice concept. XD

Something like this, rather.

profile_picture_by_darksiders__strife-d5

Edited by SuperTechmarine

I attach my own personality to whatever frame I'm playing. And sometimes I even act it out. Usually when there is someone else in the party.

Yeah, me too... kind of. My frames tend to speak in 3rd person so when I yell for help, somebody knows where to look.

'OUCH!' doesn't work as well as 'Volt doesn't like being on fire!!!!!!! OWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!! Fire bad!!!'

^_^   okay, works in a full party better.

Edited by (PS4)Folkeye

I attach my own personality to whatever frame I'm playing. And sometimes I even act it out. Usually when there is someone else in the party.

I never really understood why some people try and give them different personalities from their own to begin with; the Tenno are deliberately designed to be perfect vessels for us to channel our own personality into.

They are silent protagonists.

They are constantly covered up by their Warframe, opening up the possibility of them being of any ethnicity.

Their back story is deliberately vague.

Really, the only thing that isn't up for debate is their sex.

I never really understood why some people try and give them different personalities from their own to begin with; the Tenno are deliberately designed to be perfect vessels for us to channel our own personality into.

They are silent protagonists.

They are constantly covered up by their Warframe, opening up the possibility of them being of any ethnicity.

Their back story is deliberately vague.

Really, the only thing that isn't up for debate is their sex.

Maybe because some of us enjoy the role playing aspect in our minds (as in some of us are D&D players perhaps, who like multiple characters). More simply, not all of us enjoy projecting ourselves via our own normal personality. I don't ever make myself a character in a game. I don't make one that looks nor acts like me (via table top role playing or video game character creation). I prefer to pretend to be somebody who is pretty much removed from me.  It's the little escape fantasy thing. I live with me every day, so putting myself in another pair of shoes to try to step out of the norm is a fun challenge  Whatever whim hits when we're playing with a particular avatar tends to stick to them and give them a life of their own.

As you mentioned, their vagueness.... it leaves a world open for our imaginations and whatever personality we give them (if at all). We're free to project whatever we want in that shell. Be it our self, a different person, or just nothing at all and play the game. 

Either way, everybody is happy. Us make-believers have a fun character that inspires ideas (fan-art, fan-fiction, role-play) and those that don't, have a character they probably don't think twice about but enjoy whatever play style it offer.

Edited by (PS4)Folkeye

Bullhonkey.

In DnD you don't play another character; you play yourself in the role of another character.

Oh, that's pretty much the same thing. An excuse to make decisions you wouldn't normally do in real life. To give them a different viewpoint, that might even oppose your own. It's a challenge. Sure it's part of the 'you' since you are the one that generates it. But technically if you are a decent enough role player, you can have two very different personalities assigned to your virtual persons, even if the same person is handling them.

Same thing for actors. They're given the script for their character, that might be far removed from anything they are. They didn't devise it, they're just reading the lines and going through the motions. It takes a piece of them to bring the character to life. 

Edited by (PS4)Folkeye