October 10Th: Community Hot Topics!

[DE]Drew

October 10th Community Hot Topics  

1,814 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Excalibur: I'm waiting to see what the results on the changes to Super Jump and Radial Blind are....

However, I'm really not a fan the Javelin changes. One of the reasons I like his ult is that it actually launches things at the enemies, instead of just spawning them near the intended victim. How about keeping the current functionality in addition to the new changes? That would be sweet.

As far as the stun.... I dunno how useful it'll be. You say it will be short, which doesn't help my hopes, but I guess the only real way to find out is to wait :P

want pet jellyfish that on the surface seems like a sentinel but without guns or long range attacks and instead focuses on aoe

and tentacle attacks with the other key difference from sentinels being that it can engage and chase enemies independently like a kubrow instead of being so tightly tethered to the tenno like sentinels

For tutorials, I think we could really use one for derilect keys and orokin vaults. The whole system has a lot of steps, and I've ran into a lot of players who didn't understand how dragon keys worked, or even how to make derilect keys.

This system could really use done explanation outside of patch notes or blueprints hiding in dark corners of the market.

Tutorials:

Please make a comprehensive trade system tutorial, or a comprehensive trade system, with a tutorial. The amount of time spent directing people to the wiki to make sure I don't forget something while explaining how it all works is, well let's just say I've put more time into that than I'd prefer to have to... I don't mind helping people out but people who just don't get it should be the exception, not the rule.

Pets:

No. Stop with the pets. I have real pets, with real live needs, I didn't like tamagotchi and if it wasn't for mastery fodder I'd have never bothered with kubrow after the first one, when I discovered that they were just giant shot-blocking kill-stealing credit/time sinks. 

(Edit - this may have come across negatively, but most of my kubrow are huge, and step in front of my sights every time I aim, this gets old really really quickly, doing the aim - sidestep - adjust aim - sidestep - fire tango is less fun than it sounds)

One of the things I appreciated about Warframe when I started was that the sentinels, while looking distinctly pet-like, had enough function to justify their existence and with correct modding did not detract from game play.

Edited by Void_Soldier

i'm most hooked up for sigils :)

but i wish to have not only for the front and back side of torso -having one for hands and legs would be cool too.

but i have to ask - how do they "cooperate" with armor additions ?

as for the pets. more living ones the better ;p

but still - kubrow could use some of the zanuka movements. and i wish to have a fire breathing giant lizard (it don't have to fly to e called a dragon ;p )

imo the pets could have the same amount of mod slots as warframe - and the same type of build - 4 skills (the more diversity the better) and 6 other mod slots.

as we will have more pets it comes to a major question - what will happen to sentinels? they will be/are not only underpowered they will be/are rarely used- even with only for a unity usages. the creation of sentinel slot as second separate sidekick. imo this is one thing to consider in the near/far future

1- The first quest should follow the players further in game.

2-Bosses like lephants are big spongebullete«s and u need ur fellow tennos too put him down team work thats what coop games are about or fast agile multi target's like hyenas when a boss gives too much dmg is not that matter matters is when the players know when the should fight or run back too safe place exclusive points of dmg or time invincibility also in that time call for backup and we can only kill them when adds mobs are dead. (any boss dead in less then 15 mins is not a boss is a miniboss(my opinion)) and more bosses for planets like a norma node and a key unlocked node like Vhek per planet.

3-tabards from wow and challenge from vindictus this could me something cool also if warframe follows a little of vindictos quests it will make simple quests a help tennos meet warframe lore and characters in this universe just dont be 100% copycat but using some ideas from there should be cool 

4- excal hummm is kinda Op the way it was mass stun in a room help go  easy more 60 mins sur t4 rework on CC ability leads him too be more like ash i agree with this since is more a meele type warframe using slash dash and radial jav for combo points is the way too go ... its OP that way players  says DE plz ash is too OP in dmg

5 tiburon hummm the way using an old waepon too build a new one i think this should have come before bolto needs lato 
but DE stop doing this from no reason i think they should continue doing this as for stats in tiburon should be more similar with the lantron stats in crit since its an update of the older weapon but ....

sorry for the terrible eng .

I think a 'ranger' frame could be a neat idea if more pets are added; some hunter 'mark' abilities, some ally helping offensive support (which includes your pet; there could even be an extra/improved effect for your pet), and a passive to make it (and allies) not aggro neutral mobs like sand skates and feral kubrow.

I think that dojo construction and clan stuff could use a tutorial. 

I also  think that DE should produce an official video tutorial on wall running, wall launches, chaining wall runs, copter, and using copter to chain wall runs.

Favorite bosses are definitely raptor and hyena pack, as well as lephantis because of his scale. bosses are a tricky subject. 

im curious about how sigils will affect my already blinged stuff.. like.. how will it look over immortal skins, and will they actually fit the aesthetic of the game. otherwise yes.

for excally, i had suggested a while back combining his powers to make them better (super jump radial blind) so i think that these changes will work well

For pets.. i dunno if we should get too crazy with the 'earth animal' aspect.. skates dont seem like they would do well unless they had jetpacks. but everyone would definitely like a mini zanuka, raptor, hyena. we are getting specterpets with syndicate rewards, so i think that only boss type enemies should make it to the 'pet' category, whilst other enemies could remain in the specter category. More sentinels would be nice, the orokitty.. i dunno tho.. i guess they could keep in line with corpus has robopets, and grineer have organic based pets. now i want a corpus tarantula... maybe keep organic pets limited to dog/cat types, and just go ham with the breeds. :3

Have you seen this video, and what are you doing about it if you have?

the only thing i like about the vid is the player made content aspect.

as far as the random distribution of items... we already have problems with farming drops via hateful rng. the last thing we need is pay for rng item drops.

they may as well make t5 keys locked behind plat wall. then you can feel the same way when you spend money and dont get what you want. 

Bosses...I cant call them bosses. They are minibosses.

Sargus Ruk for example: His "boss room" is made FOR TENNO to win. Not for Ruk. Ruk needs an empty "arena" to use his skills to the max.  And he should stay in the middle of it , shooting his Fireballs at you, spawhing Eximus Napalms... His arm opens sometimes and you should shoot it, avoiding being burned by these napalms... And you also should kill or control napalms because if Ruk spawn to many of them You r dead.  Then when his arm "explodes" He fall down and start walking with Napalms...

I mean boss battles should be HARD . Boss is a thing one should ALWAYS prepare for... Get special equipment to fight it.... Not just " Run around waiting for weakspot to open ".   Preparing and tries should be frustrating...Victory must be GLORIOUS!

Currently I just run in a boss room (any boss on Volt) with unranked weapon and ammo restores. Then run around shootin it....shooting it.....It dies, dropping S#&$ty mod and energy sphere. NOT GLORIOUS AT ALL.