Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Road To Archwing, Missile Volley

DE_Adam

To be honest, it wouldn't bother me if this came in December. [Or longer.]

The longer they work on it, the less downtime we will all have when it's added for us to play.

Rushing DE, will cause a lot of issues in the long run.

Even if I'd love to smash tiny explosives into helpless Grineer right now.

I hope this isn't the case, I'd rather they pull a couple features or something and give us the core of Archwing as soon as possible.  They could then add the removed features in the following hotfixes and weekly updates.  It has been a long time since U14 and as much as I really do like this game it is pretty stale right now.  Adding excavation back to the game has helped though, but Archwing looks like it will be a significantly different experience that will make the game fresh again.

Edited by ClockworkSpectre

one of the Greatest part of that Article.  was about the sound....  I'm all for tenno going over the airwaves going "pew pew pew" as they fire their guns and missles while in teh vacuum of space xD.

But yea..  Its awesome what you all do, to make this game so great.  So keep it up, and make sure you get plenty of rest.    Especially the sound guys.  Don't need any yawning being recorded, when making the gun fire and explosion sounds :p

"It also just goes to show the power of Archwing, able to create sound in the vacuum space. Orokin technology is truly incredible, and it's definitely not just the Tenno saying 'pew pew pew' to themselves while blowing up Grineer." 

Hehe, love the witty reference to arguments that claim there should be no sound in space combat. 

Sound is the propagation of vibrations through a medium. In space, there is no medium, so no sound.

I always assumed that sound in space combat is always a simulation. It's not simply comforting or awesome, iit's an incredibly convenient way of conveying information. The fighter behind you may not make sound, but your sensors know it's here. And rather than only displaying a red icon on an already overcharged radar you don't have time to look at, or telling you "warning: ennemy fighter at 6 o'clock", your suit/ship plays engine sounds. With this simple trick you know 1) there's a fighter 2) where it is 3) what kind of fighter it is. It also lets you know when you're being shot at, from where, and with what. It gives you a 360° awareness, so it's a valuable tactical tool and not just a luxury.

Edited by Kaian-a-coel

Bah si on regarde les précédentes updates, ya quasi toujours un délai de 2/3 mois entre chaque grosse update.

Donc, j'dirais au plus tôt cette semaine voir la semaine d'après. Vers le 20/25 octobre dans ces eaux la :)

[English portion]

Based on the previous update I'll said that U15 is coming near mid/end of october at best. Early november at worst.

Edited by Claymd

"It also just goes to show the power of Archwing, able to create sound in the vacuum space. Orokin technology is truly incredible, and it's definitely not just the Tenno saying 'pew pew pew' to themselves while blowing up Grineer." 

Hehe, love the witty reference to arguments that claim there should be no sound in space combat. 

There is a pretty solid argument as to why we would still be getting the illusion of "sound in space" because sensors pick up visuals and translate them into audio signals which are then forwarded to the helmets. This is a general design which allows any space-pilot to use a wider array of sensory input than just visuals. Our eyes only cover the front arc, while hearing is omnidirectional. It is a lot more effective to "hear" what is behind and around you, than to just look at a ton of screens which only show a narrow slice.

So in a nutshell, you WANT to hear in space. You want to have sensors which translate visuals into aural experiences, because that allows us to react naturally and faster than if it was "visual only." And I don't mean a computer voice like Jarvis Ordis telling you what is happening, but actual short and easy to recognize "noises"

Such tests have been made many years ago for such a simple thing as driving cars. People were able to avoid a lot more danger zones by reacting to "sound effects" and not just relying on visuals to look what is happening at the back or side of your car. Especially the back.

Edit: I should have read through page 2 to see Kaian-a-coel writing about the same thing. damn XD

Edited by Khunvyel

That's some amazing work you guys put into the whole project.

However as great as it looks, i think it doesn't come at the right time in development, a project like this should come once all the existing gameplay has been improved to a certain standard.

Still since it is on it's way and will become part of the game, i'm looking forward to playing it.

Edited by Othergrunty