Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anguish - Stalker's Nikana [Updated Concept Art]

blazingcobalt

Blind Justice, eh? It's great stance, and I love it.

However... why a Nikana stance? The Stalker didn't have his own Nikana, until now.

-Anguish-

The Anguish is forged from ancient Tenno crimes. This blade is wielded by the Stalker and his fury.

x4zJErE.png

-Artwork 1.0-

C6pIiKy.png

-Information-

Anguish is an upgradeable path for the Nikana. If you chose this path the sword will get a higher critical chance rate. When drawn, the blade seems calm and collected. Once sheathed, the sheath itself begins to glow and smoke ominously as if it's keeping it's wrath trapped inside.

-How to Obtain-

To obtain this, one simply needs to obtain the blade of Hate, his scythe. Then you can begin the reforging process.

*Suggested by Xeo_Nespydonum as not to clutter his current drop table.

-3D Modeling-

CBM.VFX made this awesome 3D model of the Anguish!

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/322728-anguish-stalkers-nikana-updated-concept-art/page-2#entry3668140

co7JAV5.png

---

//Comments

---

I just wanted to make a Nikana for the Stalker since he's all alone with some dingy scythe. :c

Also you can view the process video if you'd like. It's how I make all my concepts.

Edited by blazingcobalt

I think this should go to an enemy sub-faction; the Stalker's scythe kinda keeps him unique, whereas the Nikana is (more) strictly a Tenno weapon. We don't know officially if the Stalker is/was Tenno, so it'd be odd to see him using a Tenno weapon.

Perhaps a sub-faction of ex-Tenno operatives, much like an antagonist red-veil, would be able to use this? Cool concept, I like the idea behind it.

-Information-

Anguish is an upgradeable path for the Nikana. If you chose this path the sword will get a higher critical chance rate. When drawn, the blade seems calm and collected. Once sheathed, the sheath itself begins to glow and smoke ominously as if it's keeping it's wrath trapped inside.

I really like the idea of the base nikana having multiple upgrade paths.

We don't know officially if the Stalker is/was Tenno, so it'd be odd to see him using a Tenno weapon.

I can see what you're saying. He's just so mysterious, and deadly.

However, I'm gonna assume that he's Tenno because he has that plethora of powers from other Tenno that he uses. (Absorb, Slash Dash, Pull, etc)

An ex-Tenno faction would be seriously cool though. I'd have so much fun drawing things up.

However, I'm gonna assume that he's Tenno because he has that plethora of powers from other Tenno that he uses. (Absorb, Slash Dash, Pull, etc)

An ex-Tenno faction would be seriously cool though. I'd have so much fun drawing things up.

Hopefully Steve's "proxy wars" with sub-factions will live up to its expectations. We're supposed to get another merchant faction with U15! Here's hoping the idea fills its potential...I'd love to see what artists like yourself come up with :D

I think this should go to an enemy sub-faction; the Stalker's scythe kinda keeps him unique, whereas the Nikana is (more) strictly a Tenno weapon. We don't know officially if the Stalker is/was Tenno, so it'd be odd to see him using a Tenno weapon.

Perhaps a sub-faction of ex-Tenno operatives, much like an antagonist red-veil, would be able to use this? Cool concept, I like the idea behind it.

The Stalker's Codex does say he used to be part of the Orokin Empire back in their prime, and we can assume most Tenno weapons are variants of Orokin weapons, making it not so unbelievable that the Stalker wouldn't have his own variants as well.

Yes! My Vote Is Yes! ... I do love the extra idea of forging the Dragon Nikana and the Hate.  Since both of these weapons require work and a sacrafice to forge this beast of a weapon it will be coveted that much more.

This is a beautiful design by the way, one of the best I have seen in the game.

You may not have noticed, but bows, throwing stars and scythes are also weapons currently only used by Tenno.

As for Anguish: It's cool enough. I think Stalker should keep using the Hate, though.

Edited by RavenousPartyLibrarian

Nice i like this one. But i was also thinking about something. I kinda like the fast paced melee combat with combos dealing enourmos masses of cuts and slashes in a split second. So i would like to have something like the nikana as a double sword. Means a Katana in each hand. Maybe making it a bit shorter or something.
Well dont tell me something about we have allready the Dual Skana, cuz i think they suck pretty hard and arent approprieated for the hard to kill enemies anymore. Besides i dont like theire design. One short and one long one.

I would like to have to two katanas with the same size. And also carring them on the same side but not on the back, or double sited.
What do you think?

I could see this weapon being implemented.As another has said, could make it an alternative upgrade from the Nikana.

I suppose if it were to be a BP dropped by the stalker they could make a second version where he spawns in with Anguish instead of Hate.

Edited by Rezuga