Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anguish - Stalker's Nikana [Updated Concept Art]

blazingcobalt

I think, in order to make Anguish, one must have a Nikana instead of a Dragon Nikana. I prefer to think of it as a sort of fork in the road. Once the Tenno acquires a Nikana, he must choose which path he takes. The path of righteousness (Dragon Nikana), or the path of vengeance (Anguish)?

Also, since the Anguish would require a Nikana to make, and since the possible evolution of Nikana would be its dragon counterpart, I think the Anguish should have an extended name as well. According to Chinese mythology, dragons are noble, powerful, and wise. I would think the Tenno are also noble, powerful, and wise. If we are to assume that Stalker is an a**h*** towards the Tenno, and he is, then his weapon would be the opposite of what the Tenno stand for. That being said, his version of Nikana would have an extended darker name to suit its wielder.

Maybe something like Scorpion Nikana.

The closest thing I could find that is the opposite of a dragon is a snake, but every variation of a snake that I could think of sounds horrible with the word "Nikana." That being said, I went with the next venomous and deadly thing I could think of, which is a scorpion.

Or your idea sounds good too, simple and bittersweet: Anguish.

Edited by Eggzodiya

+1

But i think nikans are a bit longer. Add 1/3 of blade lengh and it would be cool.

Well, yes. Now that you bring it up, I see I forgot to do a scaling thing as well. I knew I was forgetting something D:

I suppose if it were to be a BP dropped by the stalker they could make a second version where he spawns in with Anguish instead of Hate.

I thought about that too. Then someone else suggested that you just craft it from Hate. If you do it that way, the drop tables don't get fudged up.

That being said, his version of Nikana would have an extended darker name to suit its wielder.

Agreed, that's why I tried to stick to his other equipment names, one word and all.

I really like the "fork" idea as well. If implemented well here, it could be expanded on in the future. Maybe there's a tier of warframes beyond Prime, where you can upgrade a Prime frame into... I dunno, Void or Corrupted, but you have to choose which. Or different factions (Red Veil, etc.) start researching warframe technology and offer Vandal/Wraith upgrades to frames.

Edited by motorfirebox

I think this should go to an enemy sub-faction; the Stalker's scythe kinda keeps him unique, whereas the Nikana is (more) strictly a Tenno weapon. We don't know officially if the Stalker is/was Tenno, so it'd be odd to see him using a Tenno weapon.

Perhaps a sub-faction of ex-Tenno operatives, much like an antagonist red-veil, would be able to use this? Cool concept, I like the idea behind it.

He isn't a Tenno, just an Orokin Low Guardian who wrecks us with extreme prejudice.

But, holy mother... this sword is amazing. Beautiful... absolutely beautiful '-'

Hey there!

Been kinda bored lately and found this thread because of that. I find the look of this weapon to be, at the very least, pretty dang amazing.

Hence, I decided it'd be fun to recreate this design in Cinema 4D, Over the course of two days in my off-time from Warframe and sleeping, I attempted to follow the design of Anguish as closely as I could. I'm aware that some of it's aspects are a little off, kind of an annoyance for me, but here it is~

co7JAV5.png

(I'm no good at putting together posts/replies, so y'know, excuse my terrible attempt at being somewhat formal)

Hey there!
Been kinda bored lately and found this thread because of that. I find the look of this weapon to be, at the very least, pretty dang amazing.
Hence, I decided it'd be fun to recreate this design in Cinema 4D, Over the course of two days in my off-time from Warframe and sleeping, I attempted to follow the design of Anguish as closely as I could. I'm aware that some of it's aspects are a little off, kind of an annoyance for me, but here it is~

Oh wow, that's awesome! I love it when people do things like this, it's just so coolfshlbdsfdkhbsfdffd. I'll put this into the OP if you don't mind. c:

Blind Justice, eh? It's great stance, and I love it.

However... why a Nikana stance? The Stalker didn't have his own Nikana, until now.

-Anguish-

The Anguish is forged from ancient Tenno crimes. This blade is wielded by the Stalker and his fury.

-snip of doom-

-Information-

Anguish is an upgradeable path for the Nikana. If you chose this path the sword will get a higher critical chance rate. When drawn, the blade seems calm and collected. Once sheathed, the sheath itself begins to glow and smoke ominously as if it's keeping it's wrath trapped inside.

-How to Obtain-

To obtain this, one simply needs to obtain the blade of Hate, his scythe. Then you can begin the reforging process.

*Suggested by Xeo_Nespydonum as not to clutter his current drop table.

Another one of your epic concepts! I wouldn't mind the Stalker using a Nikana of sorts. And when you mentioned "...an upgradable path...", I immediately though of Monster Hunter again; upgrading a base weapon that can branch off into other differing types.

As for the design, it's definitely looking good, and kinda reminds me of a Monster Hunter Longsword, the Hellish Slasher:

Hellish_Slasher.png

Another one of your epic concepts! I wouldn't mind the Stalker using a Nikana of sorts. And when you mentioned "...an upgradable path...", I immediately though of Monster Hunter again; upgrading a base weapon that can branch off into other differing types.

Monster Hunter is one of my favorite games. It influences a lot of my work sometimes.

Fun fact; I was scared S#&$less of the Great Jaggi when I first saw it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

could we get something like this as a red veil weapon? I mean the veil does need a good weapon to make up for the fact that they have the worst weapon right now, and rather than see stalker change his arsenal I rather see some unique non reskin weapons in the syndicates

This sounds nice. Blueprint drop to retool a nikana into this version using Hate. Maybe give it a built in effect like the syndicate weapons?

1000 radial Finisher Damage (Bypassing all armor) and 12.5% Health and Energy restore. Instead of a glowing aura around your feet, you get shrouded in smoke!