Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Well, I Didn't Want To Read The Message Anyway.

KingTaro

This shoulder pad and a new one that is coming, both hide when you open the menu while using Rhino or Rhino Prime. The change should be coming with U15.

He said U15 so it is the next big update (No 4.11). That means it's either Overmorrow (yes, that's an actual word) or next week. I bet next week and Wednesday we get Hype site. (Warframe.com/Archwing)

This shoulder pad and a new one that is coming, both hide when you open the menu while using Rhino or Rhino Prime. The change should be coming with U15.

That... seems like an annoying workaround for you all.

Won't this just lead to more specific armor offset shifting around in the future?  You all are probably already annoyed with having to change offsets around for various armor pieces on various frames every so often already (like we've seen from the changelog), wouldn't another solution that would prevent more work in the future be better?

I like the idea of a simple hotkey or option ingame to turn the warframe invisible inside the ship while browsing menus. Im sure this problem is going to keep popping up with new frames and cosmetics. So putting a transparent shadow or a hide player setting would be a better solution than repositioning the camera angles for every single frame/cosmetic/weapon combination.

Edited by CarrotSalad

Genius, we won't make the UI functional, we will remove the shoulderpad!

How long till someone (with the power to do something) realises this road towards flashy that leaves function behind is doomed?

Edit : Added comment in brackets, because the players realise this only too well.

Edited by Egg_Chen

personally i find it amazing how you go to the inventory menus (which are still PRE U14) and they work better then any other menu in the game and are twice as easy to navigate and understand as the new ones....

That's basically because they just refuse to make some minor changes to the camera angle/position or to move the frame a little bit more out of the way.

It has been said a million times already that it is annoying that warframes block menu items ever since U14 came out and after several tries to adjust that stuff somehow nothing really changed and it is still a broken down mess of an UI experience in my opinion, no matter if "immersion is king" or not. The usabillity of various menu elements is plain zero compared to the way some things worked before U14.

It makes me wonder if "oh we will just hide the shoulder pads instead of moving the warframe a little bit out of the way" is the new way to go at things. It's as stubborn and handicapping as it gets. It's almost Microsoft level of stubborness like when they removed the start menu for Win 8 and thereby forcing the dumb modern UI in your face even nobody asked for it, while on the other hand refusing to bring it back for a very long period (at least it is back with Win 10).

It makes me scratch my head. ^^

Edited by MeduSalem

How long till someone (with the power to do something) realises this road towards flashy that leaves function behind is doomed?

Edit : Added comment in brackets, because the players realise this only too well.

Well it took them over a year to realize that adding 200 extra damage to an ult is not going to make people want to play a bad frame so it will probably take just as long for them to make the minor adjustments to the new UI that it needs to stop being a pain to use.

This is kinda weird way to fix UI problems. Instead of making UI work for game, you making game work for UI?

This not just Rhino problem, in almost all menus i need to crouch before using it. This is not right.

The whole Warframe needs to hide not just shoulder pad (or least move to the extreme left or right/edge of screen).  Having them disappear and appear would actually cause a jarring feeling and wouldn't solve the fundamental problem.  Even without those addons, even small Warframes will block part of menu depending on where your mouse cursor/selection is, again, the mouse cursor/selection box is just a selection tool, it's not necessarily where your eyes are looking.  

Couldn't agree more.  Steve talked about first person mode and swaying problem on Devstream #34, we need Steve to follow up on that.

http://youtu.be/6H2gE5e-9lQ?t=1h13m20s

Edited by Candengard

It's almost Microsoft level of stubborness like when they removed the start menu for Win 8 and thereby forcing the dumb modern UI in your face even nobody asked for it, while on the other hand refusing to bring it back for a very long period (at least it is back with Win 10).

I case of MS its even a bit more appropriate. At least UI in windows is meaningful thing. Game UI not even matter a lot. Its about game, old UI was not pretty but it was not standing in front of the game, but this UI take so much time and attention like it is part of game experience, it should not be.

I dont want to peak around warframe`s head or should, and i dont want to wait until those UI elements will slowly pop up, i dont want to navigate thrue submenus. i want to click as fast as possible to make some changes in my mods and play the game, not play with UI.

... it was possible to change few mods while timer was ticking, like you was able to change a gun and put one mod in 10 seconds, now it is impossible in 30 seconds

The whole Warframe needs to hide not just shoulder pad (or least move to the extreme left or right/edge of screen).  Having them disappear and appear would actually cause a jarring feeling and wouldn't solve the fundamental problem.  Even without those addons, even small Warframes will block part of menu depending on where your mouse cursor/selection is, again, the mouse cursor/selection box is just a selection tool, it's not necessarily where your eyes are looking.  

You're absolutely right with this. Even without my armor there would still be obstructed parts of the UI.

EG7Cfap.jpg

Sorry, try again. I cannot believe the laziness surrounding this UI change. You messed up, just admit it. The UI change has broken many things and instead of fixing it, you're just working around it?

So, when is the forum going to get a UI upgrade so we can downvote posts as well? Cause we really need it.

Back in the days, we had this. Then DE decided that this is happy cotton candy land and disabled the downvote button.

No wonder archived threads/posts don't show upvotes/downvotes, I bet it was used a lot, and you know what, that's a good thing.

That's basically because they just refuse to make some minor changes to the camera angle/position or to move the frame a little bit more out of the way.

It has been said a million times already that it is annoying that warframes block menu items ever since U14 came out and after several tries to adjust that stuff somehow nothing really changed and it is still a broken down mess of an UI experience in my opinion, no matter if "immersion is king" or not. The usabillity of various menu elements is plain zero compared to the way some things worked before U14.

It makes me wonder if "oh we will just hide the shoulder pads instead of moving the warframe a little bit out of the way" is the new way to go at things. It's as stubborn and handicapping as it gets. It's almost Microsoft level of stubborness like when they removed the start menu for Win 8 and thereby forcing the dumb modern UI in your face even nobody asked for it, while on the other hand refusing to bring it back for a very long period (at least it is back with Win 10).

Not really the work that the UI team has done - they want your warframe to sightly block  your view so u have to pan left every time , The UI Team  feel that inconvenience = immersion  

and the more you use the ship over using the menus  the more immersion you get . 

as DE- pablo said the color blind issues are fine -  execpt they are not , and i bet you -  message blocking will still happen ,  it's a DE bandage fix  like always - a just get it to it barely works ; ie survivals, Darksectors , melee channeling / combos .

i don't expect anything to  drastically  improve  till UI 3.0 

Est-ce le nouveau Warframe sur votre photo de profile ?

Oui, c'est Mirage.

Not really the work that the UI team has done - they want your warframe to sightly block  your view so u have to pan left every time , The UI Team  feel that inconvenience = immersion

I have just send Drew a message and suggested this question (UI in first- or third-person view) for the next Community Hot Topics, since I'd really like to see some numbers on this.

I case of MS its even a bit more appropriate. At least UI in windows is meaningful thing. Game UI not even matter a lot. Its about game, old UI was not pretty but it was not standing in front of the game, but this UI take so much time and attention like it is part of game experience, it should not be.

I dont want to peak around warframe`s head or should, and i dont want to wait until those UI elements will slowly pop up, i dont want to navigate thrue submenus. i want to click as fast as possible to make some changes in my mods and play the game, not play with UI.

Well... the UI minigame can be fun if you have time to spare, but if you just want to play the game then it's one horrifying experience. At least the "drop in and play a few rounds and log out"-feeling is gone. It doesn't work this way anymore. The game cuts a great deal of actual playtime off in favor of the menu, which sadly enough doesn't make me spend more time on the game but rather less.

So the only way to get the "drop in and play" back is to set up your gear once at startup and then leave it as it is until you log out and never change anything between missions. That's how I do it most of the time now because I'm sick of switching mod layouts for factions anyways... doesn't even matter much since my weapons overnuke everything anyways no matter the actual elemental combination.

... it was possible to change few mods while timer was ticking, like you was able to change a gun and put one mod in 10 seconds, now it is impossible in 30 seconds

I know the feeling, bro. Everytime someone starts the timer not considering asking if everybody is ready while I'm still switching around with some mods thinking I might make it before the mission starts just to be proven different once loaded into the mission I'm about to flip the table. That's why I stopped trying to do it until the squad gets disbanded. xD

This menu just interferes with the fast gameplay style of Warframe and the way you can't react fast enough to the squad management popups. People want to start the mission right away and not wait until people cycled through 30 seconds of menu gameplay. So this is when people keep on leaving the squad... which is counterproductive considering that the new squad management should help to keep people sticking together.

The immersion of the Liset is fun as I already said... if you are able to take your sweet time, but when the grind is real and many missions have to be done in a row or when it boils down to split second decision making on how to mod your weapon or changing your weapon altogether then it's just invconvenient as hell.

i don't expect anything to  drastically  improve  till UI 3.0 

Yeah that's probably the way it is going to be... because not even all the problems from the older UI iterations got fixed until they came up with a complete revamp.

Edited by MeduSalem

I have just send Drew a message and suggested this question (UI in first- or third-person view) for the next Community Hot Topics, since I'd really like to see some numbers on this.

Don't expect numbers to favor functionality! Community is split in two halves with "us versus them" mentality in full force. Since pro-UI14 faction is larger than nay-UI14 faction, suggestion for first-person view is going to get shot down because it is typical nay-UI14 faction's suggestion.