Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shifting Sands 's Conclave Rating Restriction

Frostmire

IMO, this is the best thing about this Tactical alert, finally i can enjoy the mission without 5-forma Soma super saiyans ruining the fun for me. I think we should have more game mode with the conclave restriction like this.

What are your opinions about this ?

More game modes that restrict the way I play? Hell no.

The Tactical Alerts having them is fine, it makes them interesting. But other (assuming you mean persistent game modes like Survival, Extermination ,the ones that are always there and don't rely on an alert to play like Tac Alerts) missions having conclave requirements is a horrible idea.

IMO, this is the best thing about this Tactical alert, finally i can enjoy the mission without 5-forma Soma super saiyans ruining the fun for me. I think we should have more game mode with the conclave restriction like this.

What are your opinions about this ?

Even with the 700 conclave restriction I'm still a Soma-wielding Super Saiyan. Sorry to break your bubble.

I really like the conclave restriction cause there aren't also people with amprex forma raped 1 shotting everything (just like what you said) and i really really want more game modes with conclave restrictions so the game will be more difficult than it currently is.

Makes it more challenging.

But of course people will complain they can't bring their SUPEROMGOPBOLTORPRIMESOMAOGRIS or whatever.

I played it as Ash with Mk-1 Braton, Mk-1 Kunai, and Skana. We cleaned HOUSE. Left at 2198. But we COULD have gone a LOT further.

Edited by Kalenath

Considering conclave ratings are largely a pvp-centric rating system (numbers based off mods' pvp-balanced effectiveness) whose numbers don't always make sense, I wouldn't want them to be applied to more stuff. And as others have said, 700 is still enough to run a fairly minmaxed frame and weapon just fine.

My maxed mods Prism Mirage and Soma loadout comes to just 680 conclave.

Edited by Elvang

it's still stupidly easy with nyx and excal

Well Nyx has always been easy mode for everything except boss fights for long as i've been here :)

But I can still take a 5 forma weapon and vaporize everything in sight...

But you still have to trade your frame's strenght and take fewer gears with you to do it . My Dex Furis also pretty much kill every enemy in a second but i have to take out some mods on my frame and leave my primary at home so it's a nice trade-off 

Well Nyx has always been easy mode for everything except boss fights for long as i've been here :)

But you still have to trade your frame's strenght and take fewer gears with you to do it . My Dex Furis also pretty much kill every enemy in a second but i have to take out some mods on my frame and leave my primary at home so it's a nice trade-off 

Nope, I just took off primary, melee and sentinel. Still left me with a full power frame and weapon, you don't need more than that to obliterate anything in sight.

Not really, unless you're using high ranked Vitality, Redirection, Steel Fiber, Vigor, Quick Thinking, or Rage mods, your frames conclave rating will be pretty low. Boosting a frame's abilities is cheap, conclave-wise. Boosting it's main stats is expensive. Only thing you have to do most of the time is removing a weapon and your companion, which isn't much of a tradeoff since most people stick to one weapon in a mission anyhow unless they run into ammo problems.

Kinda silly that a pvp mechanic is starting to take hold in our PvE areas of the game, but a lot of people support it, so I can't complain without getting raged at >.>

It's funny that people complain that the game isn't challenging enough, then say that artificial difficulty suck. They seem to be ignoring the fact that that no matter how OP enemies's mechanics get added into the game, as long as you can gun them down in a second or two and survive their attack easily, they are rubbish.

This rating restriction really gives me hope that the game will eventually have something challenging and not requiring me to wait hours to get to the challenging point :D

Edit : Well i'm fully awared that you can still "cheat the system"( as i've been doing the same thing , however, i believe that this is a step in the right direction, as a revamp on conclave rating should improve it .

Edited by Frostmire

Kinda silly that a pvp mechanic is starting to take hold in our PvE areas of the game, but a lot of people support it, so I can't complain without getting raged at >.>

Whatever you say. I'm pure PVE player, do not even duel with friends, and I enjoyed the alert a lot. Conclave rating made really difficult for me to select what to play with, and was real fun to get aout my comfort area.

It's funny that people complain that the game isn't challenging enough, then say that artificial difficulty suck. They seem to be ignoring the fact that that no matter how OP enemies's mechanics get added into the game, as long as you can gun them down in a second or two and survive their attack easily, they are rubbish.

This rating restriction really gives me hope that the game will eventually have something challenging and not requiring me to wait hours to get to the challenging point :D

If you want challenge at the moment, you have to create it by not 5 formaing then max modding, you don't simply enter with items meant for high level content into normal missions and expecta  challnge

In this alert, you could still simply take any frame and remove a few high conclave mods, then take your most op weapon minus a few dmg mods and enter without a sentinel, and easily beat the event. It's simply the same thing just with a small number of gameplay adjustments needed. The enemies were still level 20-25ish after i reached 2k if iirc and didn't really do much despite being hellions only, i also noticed the hellions didn't use their rocket attacks as often as they should have been, the event was made a lot simpler so everyone could do it

PvP and PvE mixing is never a good thing

People complain because its not real difficulty, they are just scaling the numbers up. Removing/limiting core features of the game just to increase difficulty isn't good balancing or fun, nor is turning everything into bullet sponges or invincibility frame staged fights. No change of tactics is really necessary when the enemy behaves exactly the same as before, what we want is better AI.

Edited by Elvang

People complain because its not real difficulty, they are just scaling the numbers up. Removing/limiting core features of the game just to increase difficulty isn't good balancing or fun. No change of tactics is really necessary when the enemy behaves exactly the same as before, what we want is better AI.

better Ai doesn't do jack when you still can gun down the whole thing in a second

Whatever you say. I'm pure PVE player, do not even duel with friends, and I enjoyed the alert a lot. Conclave rating made really difficult for me to select what to play with, and was real fun to get aout my comfort area.

Yeah, but some people just want easy.

People complain because its not real difficulty, they are just scaling the numbers up. Removing/limiting core features of the game just to increase difficulty isn't good balancing or fun. No change of tactics is really necessary when the enemy behaves exactly the same as before, what we want is better AI..

Well, since writing new AI into game code is so easy, please do so.

I am sure DE would THANK you. Seriously.

Edited by Kalenath

Well, since writing new AI into game code is so easy, please do so.

I am sure DE would THANK you. Seriously.

Nowhere in their post did they say it was easy or that they could do it.

Try not to jump the gun so quick next time.

Nowhere in their post did they say it was easy or that they could do it.

Try not to jump the gun so quick next time.

No, but they IMPLIED it strongly.

After all, it's just a 'simple' thing to fix game code. You just click buttons until it works. Right?

It isn't like you would be looking for an emotional response to your inflamatory remarks, would you? Sorry I enjoy the game.

Actually? No I am not sorry. I enjoy Warframe and enjoy watching it change and grow instead of simply regurgitating the EXACT SAME hate filled sludge that so many others do.

If you do not enjoy it? No one is holding a gun to your head.

Edited by Kalenath