Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shifting Sands 's Conclave Rating Restriction

Frostmire

Personally I'd like to see nerfs across the board for abilities, more excavation style missions, and enhanced AI. The abilities remove a lot of need for coop and remove the sense of danger that is inherently necessary for players. The excavation missions are an awesome way to encourage players to stay on point and not run off. The AI needs to get it together. I like seeing the infested dodge more, but I'd like to see corpus and grinder grouping and using tactics more. The conclave restrictions are a good temporary bandaid for now, but I'd like to see more.

Taking off two weapon equipments still allows you to hold super saiyan stuff...

Just saiyan

This, so much this.

Also, solo'd it to 1.2k (six extractors) before power carriers decided they would spawn elsewhere and I got nailed running over to them.

apparently all my good stuff (I run mostly clan tech) have very high conclave levels. I even had to strip my Frost down to just snowglobe since apparently avalanche was 120 conclave and Ice Wave 60 conclave. Just so I could keep a barely equipped sentinel so I could keep my ammo supply up.

If it was not for that conclave rating I would of been able to bring in gear that could of you know... actually gotten EXP from the run.

Yeah it's almost like that was the point.

That aside, you're still right about people bringing in one OP weapon and nothing else.

My opinion on this is that  DEL should put more effort into balancing. 

Conclave rating is a travesty: equip only one maxed weapon instead of 3 and you are within the limits with the same power!

Also Conclave rating is barely correlating  with the usefulness of a weapon and mods.

Yeah it's almost like that was the point.

That aside, you're still right about people bringing in one OP weapon and nothing else.

Well, to be honest...

All of my good stuff is still in the process of being leveled back and only really has mods that is pushing it effectiveness back up to where it was useful (that's why I said "good" gear not "best" gear). All of that gear would of benefited greatly from the exp, but it would of been incredibly painful if I had to remove the mods that were letting them do effective damage, especially if I also had to give up my sentinel which makes it easier to feed them their ammo.

I really wonder how people got decked out frames with decked out boltor primes into that mission.

Uhm, super saiyans? It's over 9000? Despite the 700CC restriction and me having a 699C rating, I had a weapon with 6 Formas and regularily crit for 221.690! Super saiyans with just over 9000 seem a bit feeble in comparison :-P

Quite the fun to see what you still can do with just 700CC: http://bit.ly/1tlI7x1

More of it? Yes, please! Lots of it? Nah, why get good gear if you're not allowed to use it?!

I love the conclave restriction.  It's the best part of the event.  It forces you to think about your loadout and what you take and whether or not some mod or weapon is really worth it.  You can still be quite powerful, but you have to think!

My loadout was:

Frost - snow globe, rush, constitution, redirection

Dual Vastos - punch through, quickdraw, Damage + corrosive (since you're only fighting one enemy type)

Dual Zoren - Fury and pressure point only

It forces you to think about your loadout and what you take and whether or not some mod or weapon is really worth it.

That's the idea, but due to the way conclave is calculated the easiest thing to do is just unequip a weapon and sentinel.

In fact, I didn't even know that this one had a limit because I happened to be under 700 when I went in and it doesn't mention the rating on the big posterboard alerts hologram thing.

1Oh... I was, was I?

2You were there? You know my loadouts? My playstyle?

3OF COURSE YOU DO! YOU ARE UBER AND I AM NOOB!

4Not.

5Funny. No one had Boltor Prime. No one had Soma. No one had Amphrex. No one had Ogris. We played as a... *gasp* TEAM!

6Bad. We were so bad to do that. This game is not about anything stupid like co-op or teamwork. According to SOME people anyway.

7But we had fun.

8OH! NO! I SAID IT! I SAID THE 'F' WORD! DOOMED! WE ARE ALL DOOMED!

1 yes you where.

2 yes i know your loadout. you said "I played it as Ash with Mk-1 Braton, Mk-1 Kunai, and Skana"

3 yes of course i did. you said what you used

4 yes

5 so only boltor prime , soma , amphrex, Ogris are good weapons for pve? hahaha

6 so bad to work as a team? no I love when players work as a team that is great!

7 I'm glad you guys did

8 ok drama queen.

you really went way off topic. you said "I played it as Ash with Mk-1 Braton, Mk-1 Kunai, and Skana"  unless those MK weapons of yours had 4-5 forma on them everyone else was picking up your slack. so what i said is true. you where carried.

Also. to really be a team player why would you gimp yourself to that extent? why not try and bring the best stuff you can? why make your team work harder becuase you want to prove to yourself you can do a mission with low end gear? you are the one that hurt the team. you could have at least brought a Nyx and just sit on top of the excavator and defend it with absorb. or even used frost! or heck what about loki for disarm?

you need to calm down. what i said was the truth. no reason to get all diva on me.

That's the idea, but due to the way conclave is calculated the easiest thing to do is just unequip a weapon and sentinel.

In fact, I didn't even know that this one had a limit because I happened to be under 700 when I went in and it doesn't mention the rating on the big posterboard alerts hologram thing.

I agree conclave ratings need a serious overhaul.  Maybe additional weapons could add only a fraction, so (Best weapon's conclave) + .25 (next best weapons conclave) or something.  It doesn't really help you too much to have multiple weapons, so that should be reflected in a lower conclave rating.  Also, sentinels raise your conclave by significantly more than their actual effectiveness, so that's a no brainer as well.  Still, the premise has promise as a cool way to add challenge and strategy.

• 2 months later...

No. I hate this idea. When I tried playing the mission with my leveled up loadouts the game mechanic refused to let me play, so I had to pick some other unmodded/low ranked weapons/frames that I had, and as soon as I started playing I got instakilled by a grineer sniper. I tried playing the same mission about 4 times, each time getting wrecked. Rage quit.

No. I hate this idea. When I tried playing the mission with my leveled up loadouts the game mechanic refused to let me play, so I had to pick some other unmodded/low ranked weapons/frames that I had, and as soon as I started playing I got instakilled by a grineer sniper. I tried playing the same mission about 4 times, each time getting wrecked. Rage quit.

Do not bring a sentry/pet. Bring either primary or secondary if staying at range and bring a melee bare save for fury for mobility. Leave your frame fully powered. Leave one gun fully powered. You should still be under 500 conclaive.