Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shifting Sands 's Conclave Rating Restriction

Frostmire

Edit to my previous post thanks to some info I got here, I was able to do it solo with my Rhino Prime loadout for Ironskin with a level 24 Paris but it took a long time and was very tedious. The technique previously mentioned somewhere in this post of keeping the scanner fueled and going back and forth to excavation sites letting them die while still accumulating Cryotic and in the end I got 1096 so it can be done solo just will take a longgggg time.

I did it with two of my friends. One was a Hydroid with a Marelok, and the other was a Loki Prime with a setup I can't remember. I personally was a Nyx with a Marelok and my faithful Dogmeat. We did it all in a single run without losing a single extractor.  Some of the most fun I've had in Warframe in a while.

You could still bring 4 - 6 forma primaries though.

Also I noticed that there's an invisible wall that doesn't block movements but does block your projectile and abilities. And they always 'spawn' on extractors after 50 sec or so. It's weird. 

Edited by TotallyLagging

Now to just wait... Gate crasher... Tactical. We really need a mission where we are captured. Our hands locked behind our backs, and no powers. Just sneaking, and assassinations with our legs... NOW THAT would be cool. The conclave mission didnt tie my hands behind my back enough. Drop the conclave to 600, or 500.

tac·ti·cal/ˈtaktək(ə)l/

adjective

of, relating to, or constituting actions carefully planned to gain a specific military end.

In this case, players are asked to carefully plan their loadout before entering the mission.

oooo, making people THINK... bad...

Truly, a crime against humanity.

To be more on topic, I liked this conclave limitation. Sure, after 1 solo run I figured I out how to beat the mission easy (I used Nyx with minimum duration/maximized efficiency Chaos for extra spam), but it was nice to have a relatively balanced squad.

Indeed. But as long as people understand what DE is doing, they are still allowed to dislike the mission. It's the ignorant anger that's usually the most... opinionated.

Side note: I suggest everyone make a Conclave 400 or 500 preset loadout, because Tactical missions are here to stay. Once you have a preset loadout, it's just 1 button instead of "soul-crushingly, stripped down all my l33t gear just to play a stupid mission."

As others have said, you can still have 5 forma weapons and wreck everything. So I propose that instead of just have a 700 conclave rating overall that there be a top limit on each individual weapon as well. Let's say 200 and under to start. Frames should have a limit as well.

And just so the more casuals don't get mad, put this only in the harder but more rewarding missions so that it's completely optional.

Most people rely on one OP weapon and are leveling (or have unequipped) the rest. So this doesn't change much to be honest.

Sure, sometimes I do bother to equip all my flashy gear for T3 or T4 survivals or something like that... but I still use mostly one weapon and my abilities there. Or rather... I do it so I get the "LF 1k+ conclave, no noobs" jackasses off my back.

Edited by LocoWithGun

I know it was just a tactical alert and not an event, but it still felt too easy. I unequipped my good gear and brought some crappy stuff to level, still went in and mostly just used frame powers to kill everything, still top Damage %. Got all three rewards on my very first game, don't even have to do it again. Point being, even a Conclave rating of 700 didn't make it difficult enough, and bringing a decked-out Primary isn't necessary.

I get that people don't like being unable to bring the weapons and stuff they enjoy, I'm all for freedom of choice, but we do need some way to make it tougher (while still allowing enemies to scale as the match progresses, to build intensity and difficulty at the end. Starting them off as already incredibly tough may not be a good idea, if they become nigh-invincible later.)

It probably involves a lot of precarious balancing on DE's part, I don't envy them that job.

I know it was just a tactical alert and not an event, but it still felt too easy.

I don't think it was designed to be a challenge... I think it was designed to be fun.

If we had the ability to mod this game, and you saw a mission that said "Phobos Excavation, Unlimited Hellions, 100x Sand Skate Spawns" would you try it out?

I'm going to be playing this mission almost non stop this weekend. It's silly fun.

tac·ti·cal/ˈtaktək(ə)l/

adjective

of, relating to, or constituting actions carefully planned to gain a specific military end.

In this case, players are asked to carefully plan their loadout before entering the mission.

plan carefully? rofl. you can't be serious.

how is removing secondary, companion and melee & equip max formaed boltor prime and rhino with iron skin connected to tactical thinking?

just stop trying to defend horrible design and if you don't want to offend others, maybe try to give your opinion without pointless copy pasta definitions.

That combination would go well over 700, and not be very useful for a defensive objective.

interesting, well i went in with ash & boltor prime maxed dps equiped with bladestorm, max'd power efficiency & vitality. still 694 so i guess you're pretty much utterly wrong with your assumption.

still no fun involved. might as well take mirage with max eff & disco ball and watch everything die instantly.

my point still stands. artificial challenges that require the players to nerf themselves to oblivion is horrible.

Edited by IlIIlII

interesting, well i went in with ash & boltor prime maxed dps equiped with bladestorm, max'd power efficiency & vitality. still 694 so i guess you're pretty much utterly wrong with your assumption.

still no fun involved. might as well take mirage with max eff & disco ball and watch everything die instantly.

my point still stands. artificial challenges that require the players to nerf themselves to oblivion is horrible.

The mods required to build Rhino Prime are worth a lot more than the mods required to build Ash. Trust me, I tried.

And your definition of "artificial challenge" and "bad game design" seems to be almost entirely subjective. 

Edit: oh, and same applies for "no fun involved"

Edited by vaugahn

plan carefully? rofl. you can't be serious.

how is removing secondary, companion and melee & equip max formaed boltor prime and rhino with iron skin connected to tactical thinking?

just stop trying to defend horrible design and if you don't want to offend others, maybe try to give your opinion without pointless copy pasta definitions.

Speaking of copypasta, I went on to say... As long as people understand what DE is doing, they are still allowed to dislike the mission. It's the ignorant anger that's usually the most... opinionated.

I'm curious of all you who said it was easy, did you do it as a team or solo, because if you want more of a challenge do it solo?

Honestly i don't really know why people want to solo in an online game. I live in a third-world country and we still have enough people to form a clan to play together, i don't have to deal with pub team frustration at all .

The conclave rating lock was the worst thing about the event, either I partied up with people who had everything except their 1 uber weapon that somehow made it through. Or I get destroyed after struggling to get my semi-decent weapon through because apparently all my good stuff (I run mostly clan tech) have very high conclave levels. I even had to strip my Frost down to just snowglobe since apparently avalanche was 120 conclave and Ice Wave 60 conclave. Just so I could keep a barely equipped sentinel so I could keep my ammo supply up.

If it was not for that conclave rating I would of been able to bring in gear that could of you know... actually gotten EXP from the run.

The event is pretty easy with a Frost. I did it twice. Blessing with Marelok with my friend and reached 2K pretty easily. Than the second time using a Frost, Frost clears out the enemies pretty easily, I kinda wrecked most of them with avalanche and covered the mining machine with snowglobe