Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Would Be, If Any, Lacking In Melee Combos?

Chub_N_Tuck

When I'm using the combos in melee, I couldn't help but feel that each enemy I attack do not require any accuracy but a small scratch to be killed. In a devstream quite a while ago, Geoff and others were talking about a grappling combos or moves that give more depth to the gameplay. I hoped to see anything like that.

But right now, combos that hit multiple enemies at once, like Blind Justice that just came out, are more popular, since there are so many enemies sometimes. I don't think grappling combos should just attack one target, but grappling an enemy and throw him at other enemies or something like that.

So long story short, Do you guys feel the need for more depth in melee combat? Because I think it could be better.

Definitely, there are so many options that could be taken to make melee more viable, more proc / AoE combo lines with simple execution will make melee-only something that is actually pretty reasonable for even more endgame content (though as of now we don't have any solid endgame)

I'll be waiting o n those new  aerial attack combos though before trying to suggest anythign new for it

The issue is what can you use in high level missions, which basically means "can your combos kill an massive mob of enemies quickly and effectively". Very few fit that description, sadly, unless you decide not to do missions that have a lot of enemies in one room.

Doesn't help that melee weapons can shred enemies in 1 hit. 600 damage a swing is obscene.

Eh. Considering that Dragon Nikana, the considered top-tier in melee weapons, has a little less than 100 dps, its still quite underpowered. Boltor prime deals 2000 damage in one shot maxed out, at a fire rate of 10/sec. THATS obscene and it doesnt need to be in the face of the enemy.

Imagine using a enemy as a meat shield.

Yeah, anything that can make the gameplay more versatile and interactive with the enemies.

Right now, enemies and tenno are either shooting at each other to kill or slicing/hitting each other to kill. Nothing much more...

Also, what I would LOVE to have is more combos on rare stance mods. Some rare stance mods like crushing ruin and Bleeding Willow only have one combo on them. I really hope they add more because it doesn't make sense to have only one combo. If that's asking too much, I'm fairly disappointed.

Edited by GaiaNyix

You know what would be cool? Having a combo tree-ish thing. You would get more combo chains and strikes as you level the stance mod, and different types of attack take up more room on the combo. This way you can mix and match your own play style.

Charge Attack.

No seriously, I want Charge attacks back.

I miss being able to make enemies fly from a punch/Bo swing with a charge attack the same way they do with Ankyros' last hit on the Block Combo.

It's the kind of thing that's fun and exciting to do, and was stripped of the entire playerbase because one or two melees (Which, BTW, were Heavy anyway) were considered OP with it...

Charge Attacks is what I want to see back, so we can have that satisfying feeling of slicing entire hordes in half or sending them flying into the abyss.

When it comes to actual combos I would rather see the ones we have reworked so that instead of being choreographed fixed combos, that they are merely an input that allows us to change how our weapon is swung. For instance jump E lets us do a rising slash as we go up, and hitting E as we fall causes us to do a downward slash, while hitting R while in midair gives us our slam attack.

Basically, let us make the combos based on the situation at hand. As these choreographed combos are only good if the enemies are running to us to be chopped up, and only if they provide lots of AoE or damage bonus.

Heavy Melee should get Charge attacks back since it fits them perfectly.

How come the glaive got its hold E to throw mechanic back? When the Galatine doesn't get its Hold E to Slice Everything in half mechanic :(

Anyway.

Combos that open finishers like the crimson dervish would be nice.

Edited by H.Katsura_999

You know what would be cool? Having a combo tree-ish thing. You would get more combo chains and strikes as you level the stance mod, and different types of attack take up more room on the combo. This way you can mix and match your own play style.

definitely something that'll greatly improve melee combat.

Seriously, why haven't I thought of dynasty warriors I used to play as a teen? We had some cool combos there, and Warframe could even do a better job. Combo trees sound so good...

Charge Attack.

I miss being able to make enemies fly from a punch/Bo swing with a charge attack the same way they do with Ankyros' last hit on the Block Combo.

It's the kind of thing that's fun and exciting to do, and was stripped of the entire playerbase because one or two melees (Which, BTW, were Heavy anyway) were considered OP with it...

+1

Charge Attack.

Agreed. It would be pretty nice to see Charge attacks reintroduced, provided that the regular combos for these weapons were boosted to be equally effective so the melee weapon isn't just a one-trick pony in melee mode. (The majority of heavy weapon combos are VERY lacking right now.)

Charge Attacks is what I want to see back, so we can have that satisfying feeling of slicing entire hordes in half or sending them flying into the abyss.

When it comes to actual combos I would rather see the ones we have reworked so that instead of being choreographed fixed combos, that they are merely an input that allows us to change how our weapon is swung. For instance jump E lets us do a rising slash as we go up, and hitting E as we fall causes us to do a downward slash, while hitting R while in midair gives us our slam attack.

Basically, let us make the combos based on the situation at hand. As these choreographed combos are only good if the enemies are running to us to be chopped up, and only if they provide lots of AoE or damage bonus.

^ This. This needs to happen.