Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Maybe A Quest For Excalibur To Reforge Skana ?

tocorro

Can we Excal fans have a quest ? Let's say : while playing as Excalibro slay in melee mode 1000 enemies [or even 10 000 - will be much harder] with Skana (regular - single) - this will unlock another part of quest in which You could obtain an ancient orokin blueprint allowing You to reforge Skana into Caliburn (King Arthur's sword) - one and a half hand, fast broadsword with greater range than Skana

What do You guys think  Of course it would be just one of many to come quests.

Edited by tocorro

Well I liked the idea of reforging old weapons into something better. Old Skana maybe isn't the best, but a quest requires some hardships (like using this -ekhm- sword to slay so many enemies) - a reward must be earned in some way ;)

You know, I've actually always wondered if something like this could be done with the Skana. I mean, read the description...

"This simple blade becomes immensely powerful in the hands of a master."

It says that, but the Skana is still one of the worst melee weapons in the game stat-wise. Maybe the Skana could be an evolving weapon or something?

You know, I've actually always wondered if something like this could be done with the Skana. I mean, read the description...

"This simple blade becomes immensely powerful in the hands of a master."

It says that, but the Skana is still one of the worst melee weapons in the game stat-wise. Maybe the Skana could be an evolving weapon or something?

It most certainly could do just that. I'd like to have something like that : 

Sword-4.jpg

It most certainly could do just that. I'd like to have something like that : 

What if every 1000 or so kills you could reforge it again to improve it even more?

That could also work for the other starter weapons. That way new players wouldn't feel pressured to buy slots and new guns, as they could upgrade their starter gear to be more effective.

What if every 1000 or so kills you could reforge it again to improve it even more?

That could also work for the other starter weapons. That way new players wouldn't feel pressured to buy slots and new guns, as they could upgrade their starter gear to be more effective.

Well I don't mind, but it would have to stop somwhere, for it not to overpower Prime Gear.

Unless it would be an introduction to Evolve weapons ;] this way You will have to invest a LOT of work to make weapons awesome - obtainable for everyone, but You couldn't get it right of the bat or purchase bp and parts from chat. Makes sens for me.

Edit : Reforge and add a new sigil to the blade, or reforge and the shape changes ? Which one do You have in mind ?

Edited by tocorro

Its still not a skana, there is a skana prime, and its not the Dakra. If it had the same stats as the skana you could claim that but it isn't.

What? No, they function identically. It's like the Nikana and Dragon Nikana. Dragon Nikana looks prettier and has upgraded stats.

This "reforged" skana would look prettier and have upgraded stats, just like the Dakra.

Edit : Reforge and add a new sigil to the blade, or reforge and the shape changes ? Which one do You have in mind ?

Shape changes. Like, it could retain the Skana look, but just be fancier. That way you could feel like you were upgrading your item, and other players could see how good you are by looking at it.

1000 kills? seriously? I don't know about anyone else, but that's like... 2 missions. I don't think reforging the skana every other mission would be a good concept.