Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hazardous And Potentially Fatal Design Flaw On Liset! Action Required!

SoanoS

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=325749396

I noticed there is a serious, and potentially fatal design flaw in the bulkhead door construction of Liset. As you can see, the inner pair of the double blast doors cannot close in case of depressurisation, which can be spectacularly unhealthy for the unfortunate Tenno and his Kubrow companion.

I hope these deathtraps will be recalled to the shipyard for a new door design retrofit, with full compensation for the loss of income and transportation to the Tenno during the repairs.

Best regards,

A concerned Tenno.

Oh, we'd be fine up in the front of the ship when the ramp closes. Your kubrow on the otherhand...

Well, if the damage is to the front of the ship and the windshield is blasted to bits (most likely scenario considerig the massive windows), you would definitely want to be in the aft section. Which has a broken door that kills both the Tenno and Kubrow if the outer blast door is damaged by depressurisation or flying debris.

Edited by SoanoS

Well, if the damage is to the front of the ship and the windshield is blasted to bits (most likely scenario considerig the massive windows), you would definitely want to be in the aft section. Which has a broken door that kills both the Tenno and Kubrow if the outer blast door is damaged by depressurisation or flying debris.

Don't worry we'll have archwings soon. We can escape. Kubrows are still goners though.

Don't worry we'll have archwings soon. We can escape. Kubrows are still goners though.

Well, I'd imagine the Archwing technology will be more suited for short distance freespace flight such as enemy ship boarding from close proximity, and would assume the oxygen supply would not last for a prolonged period without a resupply. And there is also a possiblility the Archwing suit will be damaged in an event of a collision or being attacked. That would force the Tenno stay on board until help arrives to recover the damaged ship and take it to shipyard. So I still think it is a valid concern.

I get the concern for having a safe place in case the poop hits the fan. But if all hell breaks loose while you are on your Liset and your windshield gets smashed, then you may have to face the fact the this may be the end my friend... I will see to it that you and your kubrow are given a proper Tenno memorial.

You are gone but not forgotten my friend, and sparky will be missed too.

That's not a part of the Liset though. The front part of the ship is the Liset, and the ramp takes you down into a ship that the liset is docked to.

That's incorrect. The front part of the ship is the cabin. The part in the back, if you take a good look, is the spinny part that the Tenno climb into when they enter the ship.

you know I wonder if they'll get a way the kubrows can be saved with it. 

The only way *I can think of is slamming on the stasis button, that might be enough to keep the poor thing alive until the recovery team arrives. The heroic Tenno will still sadly perish by the vacuum of space, unless there is room for two.

While OP's concerns are valid we have overlooked one serious statistic here. No ships have lost pressure yet. Whoever constructed these ship's must have used the best borosilicate glass possible for the windshields and only the highest grade titanium alloy's in the body. Truth be told, the total the number of incidents is still at 0 even though tenno have been piloting the Liset for over a year and a half. That's an unprecedented number.

Also cause of depressurization is a variable to look at. If your ship loses pressure because you were napping and ran into an asteroid field...Operator error.

And i find it a little bit selfish of tenno to hold Liset manufacturers responsible for damage incurred during epic space battles...this is war which means we are going to have to crack a few eggs.

If anything i think that the inability to fully shut the double blast doors was just the manufacturer's way of having great confidence in his product. And we tenno should too since our own Lisets have yet to fail us.

While OP's concerns are valid we have overlooked one serious statistic here. No ships have lost pressure yet. Whoever constructed these ship's must have used the best borosilicate glass possible for the windshields and only the highest grade titanium alloy's in the body. Truth be told, the total the number of incidents is still at 0 even though tenno have been piloting the Liset for over a year and a half. That's an unprecedented number.

Also cause of depressurization is a variable to look at. If your ship loses pressure because you were napping and ran into an asteroid field...Operator error.

And i find it a little bit selfish of tenno to hold Liset manufacturers responsible for damage incurred during epic space battles...this is war which means we are going to have to crack a few eggs.

If anything i think that the inability to fully shut the double blast doors was just the manufacturer's way of having great confidence in his product. And we tenno should too since our own Lisets have yet to fail us.

That is still not an excuse to ignore a major design flaw in direct violation of safety regulations.

I have had to pilot my ship trough a lot of hot-zones and it has seen heavy battle. and let me tell you, it is already starting to show its age in terms of hull integrity and systems reliability. I have already had to patch up the holes caused by shrapnel in the hull a few times with alloy plates and replace several blown circuits, and jury-rig the foundry to not try to disembowel me when I walk past. The windshield is slightly caved in by the heat and pressure upon atmospheric entries and re-entries and has been discoloured to permanently have a yellowish-brown tint. and And to top it off I have a glitching and buggy AI on-board that is either intellectually challenged or has several corrupted memory banks.

Quite frankly, don't try to deny it, how much did the manufacturer pay you? It's okay, you can tell.

You sound like an used Liset salesman with your speech, but that part is obvious to anyone who has had one in the past. ;)

So excuse me for being concerned for my own safety on these flying deathtraps made by the cheapest bidder from the cheapest materials. The Alloy Plates I have salvaged from missions and used to repair the battle damage on the hull are tougher than the cheap tinfoil used to make this flying coffin. Sadly the blast door construction is beyond my expertise so that is why I wish the corporation responsible for manufacturing these rickety flying deathtraps would at least call the ships back to the docks for a retrofit of a new door.

But suit yourselves, it's your lawsuit, it is not me who has to pay compensation to our dead relatives when the inevitable happens on-board these... contraptions. Personally, I'd much prefer meeting my demise in combat than slowly suffocate and freeze to death.

P.S. When I want to read something funny I take that sales brochure which you so well quoted out of the overhead compartments. It does make some amusing read sometimes, for something written by a Corpus.

Edited by SoanoS

Pardon me for trying to be a little objective here. I'm a tenno who likes to look at facts and understands that there are going to have to be more incidents before a recall can be set in place. I just spent the last few months crammed up in my buddy's Liset while mine was being manufactured. And now that i have my own i really appreciate just having one. Granted mine may not be nearly as battleworn as yours, and consumer reports are putting the October 2014 Liset at a much higher safety rating than all previous models. Maybe it's time to upgrade your Liset. Trade in your clunker.

And...I was trying trying to play a little friendly devils advocate here...but if you ever put me in the same boat as those corpus scumbag again, i will Mag Pull your ship too bits one piece at a time.

Oooo, getting hostile I see. :)

But I would say you are welcome to try bringing the "hydroencephalic squirrel (coil helmet)" frame anywhere near my Liset, let alone try to damage it. It may look like a scrapheap but it is no longer "stock"... quite far from it actually. I've seen a stock Liset torn to ribbons by the first salvo of automatic Grineer flak cannon defenses. That poor Tenno, never saw it coming.

Anyway, I have been referring to the model 2013 here all this time. It is not the latest model but it is not an excuse for the manufacturer to ignore issues. But by the time I have amassed enough wealth to acquire a new one this will probably be completely rebuilt by me already, considering how fast this thing keeps falling apart in places.

What would have happened if the ancient Earth car manufacturers would have ignored the defects in those things? "Oh, the steering locks up and the accelerator jams to maximum? Okay, we don't give a darn, we got their money and we have a new model out!" Erm, no, I don't think that would have worked out too well to the manufacturers back then.

So my apologies for trying to help myself and fellow Tenno make it trough to fight another day.

When can I have a battleship with the inner space of a Dojo ? ^ ^

I am afraid no-one has mastered the secrets of the Timelord technology yet, so the TARDIS will be unavailable for now.

But maybe some day... ;) When they become available, I want the police box model. That is a timeless (Timeless, hah, get it? Timeless, time machine? No? Well, never mind then), iconic and compact design.

Their slogan on the sales brochure will probably be "TARDIS - Bigger on the inside!"

Edited by SoanoS

But maybe some day... ;) When they become available, I want the police box model. That is a timeless (Timeless, hah, get it? Timeless, time machine? No? Well, never mind then), iconic and compact design.

I may have misjudged you Tenno. Your sense of humor is impeccable (i actually Lol'd, I consider myself the king of corny and cheese.)

P.s. my Liset might be  a bit more shiny but i am sure your Liset has more character. My human ancestors had cars that would get demolished time and time over and would still drive them almost everyday of their life. It seems your Liset has a good amount of sentiment attached to it.

Edited by (PS4)MadDerpyMonkey