Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Codex Scans - What Meaning Do They Have?

Vindictus23

Question

Hello tenno. I'm sure this has been asked before... In fact I searched and found a post but it didn't really answer my question. Anyways, I was just wondering what the purpose was for Codex Scans. The only thing I can think of is the scan on that thing on Earth in order to get Kubrow stuff. I always see people trying to brag and say they have every scan and stuff and whenever a new release is out one of my clan leaders always does a run just to scan items and I just don't understand the concept.

13 answers to this question

Scanning enemies gives you useful info: their health, shields, armour and armour type; the place they can be found; their resistances and weakness and the mods they drop.

Also there is some bragging rights involved as it take a decent amount of time and effort to get all scans.

Right now, if you care about lore, SOME enemies like Stalker and G-3 have lore entries only available if you scan them enough times. this idea may be expanded to other units as well in the future. Far future if you ask me. Lore is added at a snail pace since day one.

And codex scanning is a way to learn about enemy weaknesses, but with the wiki present, is kind of redundant.

It's useless until it gives mastery or provide some sort of critical boost to companions/Increase percentage of mod drops... Then I might actually care.

I suggested a mod for sentinals, a long time ago, called "Intelligent Uplink". Basically, It would give your sentinal access to it's masters codex and provide a weak spot for the little guy to focus on.

Once u fully codex an enemy u can see what elements is their weakness and what elements should not be used against them,their loot,also some has additional story in their codex as well :)

Just scan everything :)

It's more like action figure collections for me lol

so it's not entirely useless

You get a TON of XP when your Helios goes around scanning things. 

If your stuck in a high mastery level and haven't done it yet, buy Helios and get a couple hundred scanners from the market .. you'll be ranking up in no time.

Scanning plants on Earth is also useful for making healing items and anti-toxins for the Earth sabotage missions. 

Not 100% sure but I think codex scans are used to make some consumable items (??) .    This seems to be a lot of trouble. 

Only instant health restores (scan threshcones etc on earth).

They can be used to make the left over antitoxins from the Cicero Crisis event. You don't really need them anymore though.

Largely, it allows you to see drop tables, health values, and weaknesses from an in-game resource, which may be more convenient than the wiki. It also updates automatically when these things change, unlike the wiki, which is probably why your clan leader goes out scanning with every new release, and then of course there's just the bragging rights of a complete codex. A few enemies also have a diorama which can only be viewed in the codex, and some have some lore attached to them as well.

Those with a substantial enemy codex may have a significant initial advantage once ability mods are pulled from drop tables, which could come with substantial changes to mod drop tables in general.

The object section of the codex is largely useless however (unless you simply like being able to look at the game's models, which can be applied to the codex in general), besides the earth plants for their extracts, which can be used to make health restores and antitoxins that I hear can be used to increase your rewards in Earth sabotage missions..

Edited by Tails-san