Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Concerning Narrative

Sitchrea

Why not multiple friendly/bystander factions? Grineer Empire Citizens, Corpus Guild families and regular populace. Those Civilian Colonies we are supposedly defending, what if we had them as well? Those miners on those asteroids the Corpus are using. What if we had wildlife in those jungles on earth, or even tribes of people, or scientists/citizens on earth as well. This could help add multiple parties to the story that are dynamic, factions that can tell the players more background, give more lore, and add a sense of realism and help the player to realize the gravity of the situations and the war that they fight.

Honestly, there's so so much we can add, and your suggestion is one that I do hope they realize needs to be added.

Why not multiple friendly/bystander factions? Grineer Empire Citizens, Corpus Guild families and regular populace. Those Civilian Colonies we are supposedly defending, what if we had them as well? Those miners on those asteroids the Corpus are using. What if we had wildlife in those jungles on earth, or even tribes of people, or scientists/citizens on earth as well. This could help add multiple parties to the story that are dynamic, factions that can tell the players more background, give more lore, and add a sense of realism and help the player to realize the gravity of the situations and the war that they fight.

Honestly, there's so so much we can add, and your suggestion is one that I do hope they realize needs to be added.

That would be an awful lot of work to implement, but I do like the idea.

The problem I see is that we are never shown that civilians do any of these things. Yeah, the reader can assume this but it's not canon, and thus cannot be trusted as fact in the lore of the universe.

You dont see Kubrow lay their eggs, but are happy to believe that Kubrow indeed do produce eggs.  Here the reader is presuming something they havent been shown.

It's presumed warframes have flesh and blood within them, again this is never explicitly shown either (sure they leak red stuff, but corpus proxies bleed too, does that mean people are inside them as well?).

Corpus make ships, but we are never shown them doing that.  Again presumptions that are considered fact.

Grineer are cloned, yet you never see them being cloned.  Still its considered fact.

You dont need to be shown things to consider them fact.  You just need evidence pointing to that.  (Tenno being warrior gods could just be their own hubris as well).

Take an extreem real world situation to the example, you breath air, but are you actually using oxygen or some other gas in the air?  You cant see this but its believed to be fact.

Edited by Loswaith

You dont see Kubrow lay their eggs, but are happy to believe that Kubrow indeed do produce eggs.  Here the reader is presuming something they havent been shown.

It's presumed warframes have flesh and blood within them, again this is never explicitly shown either (sure they leak red stuff, but corpus proxies bleed too, does that mean people are inside them as well?).

Corpus make ships, but we are never shown them doing that.  Again presumptions that are considered fact.

Grineer are cloned, yet you never see them being cloned.  Still its considered fact.

You dont need to be shown things to consider them fact.  You just need evidence pointing to that.  (Tenno being warrior gods could just be their own hubris as well).

Take an extreem real world situation to the example, you breath air, but are you actually using oxygen or some other gas in the air?  You cant see this but its believed to be fact.

But considering that we are given absolutely no reference to them existing in the first place means that there is no reason to draw that conclusion in the first place. Besides the one line of dialog given by the Lotus in the tutorial quest, there is not a single time that civilians are undoubtably shown to even exist.

on regards to making the tenno less one dimensional i immediately think of dishonored and how despite being an assassin you could choose to be "good"/nonlethal or "evil"/lethal.

if we could choose different paths in story and missions with rewards that fit the way you are playing that would be great. an example would be to have nonlethal rounds be an option so that one could suppress grineer violence for example without having to go down to their level, while if you want to be more akin to stalker with his mentality of blind justice you could gain the ability to kill your enemies in more brutal ways an example being plant a bomb in a grineer soldier and when his allies come blow them all up at once.

on regards to making the tenno less one dimensional i immediately think of dishonored and how despite being an assassin you could choose to be "good"/nonlethal or "evil"/lethal.

if we could choose different paths in story and missions with rewards that fit the way you are playing that would be great. an example would be to have nonlethal rounds be an option so that one could suppress grineer violence for example without having to go down to their level, while if you want to be more akin to stalker with his mentality of blind justice you could gain the ability to kill your enemies in more brutal ways an example being plant a bomb in a grineer soldier and when his allies come blow them all up at once.

I like the idea, but I think the Tenno are just too built for being Reapers of Death. I mean, one easily kills a hundred Grineer at a time and it hardly makes an atomic-level dent in the Grineer Military, seeing as how they have billions of instantly-replaceable soldiers. I think for morality we would have to think on a broader and grander scale.