Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Topic Concerning Rng(Just A Little One)

Institute-Marksman

To make the game a little less controlled by RNG, the ammo that NPC's spawn should be specific to their class.

All Lancer classes, Eviscerators, Hellions, Heavy Units+ Corpus Techs, Elite Crewmen, normal Crewmen and all MOA classes exept the Railgun MOA drop Rifle Ammo.

Shotgun Classes like Detron Crewmen, Grineer Scorches and Trooper Classes drop Shotgun Ammo.

Ballista's, Sniper Crewmen and Railgun MOA's drop Sniper Ammo.

Shield Lancers, Seekers, all melee units, Ospreys and Rollers drop Pistol Ammo.

For compensation: drop chance of Sniper and Shotgun Ammo found in storage crates and lockers in increased.

Edited by Institute-Marksman

If your suggestion was implemented than people would never be able to get shotgun ammo against the corpus except on Jupiter.  There's a number of other problems, but I'll just point out the glaringly obvious one.  If ammo is really that much of an issue to you, just run an ammo mutation on your gun or build ammo restores.  Both of ammo restores and ammo mutation completely circumvent rng and don't have any of the problems that your suggestion does.

Edited by Lorthos_Mornin

If your suggestion was implemented than people would never be able to get shotgun ammo against the corpus except on Jupiter.  There's a number of other problems, but I'll just point out the glaringly obvious one.  If ammo is really that much of an issue to you, just run an ammo mutation on your gun or build ammo restores.  Both of ammo restores and ammo mutation completely circumvent rng and don't have any of the problems that your suggestion does.

Its not that much of a problem to me, really, Im just trying to make things slightly more realistic.

As for Shotgun Ammo, see the Detron Crewmen Codex. Not just jupiter.

Edited by Institute-Marksman

I'm no programmer, but I dont think its that much of a deal. Just like they drop specific Mods, they drop specific Ammo. 

Just disable all Ammo drops, exept [rifle ammo].

No, what I mean by that is the enemies aren't distributed in a way that's conducive to this. If I were using an MK-1 Strun (ie. I was a new player that didn't have another weapon option) on Venus, I wouldn't be able to reload it. If I were using an MK-1 Paris, I might get to reload it twice in a normal mission (if we make Bow and Sniper ammo the same). Even if I weren't a new player, I wouldn't want my items restricted by the enemies I face. I don't think it's worth changing the location and spawn amounts of the enemies just so DE could change the way ammo drops.

Its not that much of a problem to me, really, Im just trying to make things slightly more realistic.

As for Shotgun Ammo, see the Detron Crewmen Codex. Not just jupiter.

Yes, I have seen Detron Crewmen on other planets, but they are extremely rare spawns anywhere but Jupiter, which leads me back to how restrictive your proposal would be on weapon choice.

Ultimately, I see no need for your proposed change.

It sounds like a decent idea and all, but the spawn rates of sniper and shotgun units aren't nearly as often to be worth the change, it would cause a lot of problems.

On the other hand, if spawn rates of said units were adjusted on EVERY place to spawn proportionally (say 1:4 ratio of shotgun/sniper to rifle units) to the amount of other enemies spawned, instead of complete RNG spawns, perhaps it wouldn't prove to be as much of a problem as it is. It should also be a guaranteed ammo drop if it isn't currently (I haven't payed attention enough to notice if it is or not)

The main problem here isn't rifle ammo itself, it's shotgun and snipers due to the fact that they spawn much less frequently than most units, especially corpus shotgun/sniper units.

Edited by SgtFlex

I don't see why this game needs to be realistic honestly. Guns with bad ammo economy would be detrimentally effected by this far worse than they are now, not to mention the fact ammo drops aren't a 100 chance for any of the ammo which would just impact it worse

Edit: Not to mention what's stopping those people with thousands of Medium ammo packs. In order for your realism to be achieved those would definitely need to be removed or repurposed

Edited by AsuraKyu

Again, its just an idea to make Warframe appear slightly more realistic.

Besides, I dont rly see the need of RNG at all, so why not get rid of it completely?

I don't see the need of making this "more realistic", this ain't no simulator...

On the other hand RNG is necessary i.e. for having a reason to play, for Prime Access having a reason to exist, etc.

:irony:

A fair compromise to this suggestion. would be make the listed unit have an increased chance to drop this ammo types.

If you go by unit type, then what would the infested drop? They're all melee, ospreys aside.

While your idea is fairly reasonable for a game trying to be realistic, Warframe doesn't exactly try to do that. But I could understand that some people would enjoy the sense of realism that would bring.

If you want to think of it in a way that makes some sense, is just consider as if they all carry ammo for each other in case they were to run out of their own stock. 

As much as the reduction of the weight of RNG on gameplay should be reduced in my opinion, doing this just in the name of realism is not right. Realism should take a second seat to playability and enjoyability.

A fair compromise to this suggestion. would be make the listed unit have an increased chance to drop this ammo types.

If you go by unit type, then what would the infested drop? They're all melee, ospreys aside.

While your idea is fairly reasonable for a game trying to be realistic, Warframe doesn't exactly try to do that. But I could understand that some people would enjoy the sense of realism that would bring.

If you want to think of it in a way that makes some sense, is just consider as if they all carry ammo for each other in case they were to run out of their own stock. 

Congratulations, you won the thread.