Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Do People Feel Is The Best Kubrow Breed?

[DE]Momaw

Question

25 answers to this question

Especially include discussion of endgame utility

Unfortunately, the kubrows run off directly into enemy fire, and enemies can consistently hit them, so they die very quickly at very high levels. I stick with Carrier/WyrmP, status Sweeper, and Guardian for 'endgame'.

For highish levels where they don't die so much, I prefer the Raksa for the shield restores and Howl. I wouldn't rule out the Huras for the stealth, but I find it too inconsistent to rely on it, although the charge is nice for some line-AoE. Sahasa is nice for the dig ability - sometimes the extra ammo or a way to restore health/energy is beneficial, depending on armory loadout.

Basically w/e your favorite is that isn't a Sunika.

Edited by Darzk

To me huras/sahasa are the most usefull. Sahasa can dig life support (maxed mod digs up to 3 items) and has the same vip grab as sunika, usefull for those pesky eximus/heavys (grab and attack until kill or you kill them). Huras is good too, especially for weak frames like nyx or nekros (invisible desecrate :D), also let you remain out of sight while reviving downed teammates.

Of course according to my playstile / frame selection

Edit: raksa can work well in def, if you stay by the pod

Edited by GordoFreeman

Raksa is AMAZING!!! I love how it herds my enemies for me. Plus it has saved my arse more times then I can count. One second I am surronded, and being beaten around, and then.... HOWL! All the enemies run away, and I can chase the enemies from behind picking off vital enemies to prevent another painful surrounding attacking.

I use Raksa primarily, since invisibility to any schedule not directly under my control is just annoying, and even without aggro abilities, she still does enough direct damage to seriously hurt just about anything.

I use a lot of melee, having optimised most of my builds to use Vitality/Rage/Quick Thinking/Life Strike, and this keeps my Raksa alive until around 55-65mins in T4S, and I still have plenty of time to revive her after I clear the crowd.

Howl is annoying for me, as a lot of my play is in manipulating the AI, so I run Protect only, which can be used 6 times in rapid succession, restoring 300 shields each time, and is handy in a corner.

Compared to a sentinel using Guardian:

Very high damage output

Clearly goes for a target, no second guessing or getting kills stolen

Extremely tough, will outlast any sentinel and day

Maintenance costs... I have 15.5m credits, after maxing HC yesterday.

Take a look at this Kubrow, say hello to Luna.

H8GIwrE.jpg

IpcTgXH.jpg

Luna is my Raksa Kubrow. I've used a Huras Kubrow, but after some experimentation, Luna is just by far, the best companion I could think of.

She's fully capable of surviving up to 40 minuets to an hour in T4 survival without dying, with a build that does not even focus on high shields or health on my warframe.

Her ability to make everything in the room run away in slow motion is absolutely useful. Room full of level 85 heavy gunners and ancients? No problem! They're now running away in slow motion for then next 20 seconds or so.

Huras can make you invisible, yes, but as soon as you attack something, EVERYONE knows you exist.

Luna's ability to restore shields is also supurb. I have had my shields constantly regenerated by my Kubrow in a no air survival for minutes, and while under enemy fire, she will restore shields quite a few times to ensure my health never drops.

Luna is a companion I am fully capable of counting on. It's like having another Tenno along for the ride.

Side Note: When people say Kubrows run into enemy fire, I wonder why all the enemies constantly miss her. Lunas luck stat must be maxed out I guess.

I'll be honest, the cost of maxing the necessary mods for a Kubrow makes none of them really appealing.  While sentinels do have high rank mods as well, these drop far more often making them easier to level up (at least initially).  Given the survivability issues that Kubrows can encounter along with their AI which tends to lead them astray, sentinels are just easier to use.  If I had to pick one I would say Raska but still prefer sentinels overall (since Guardian works on all of them).

I'm torn between Sahasa and Raksa. However, my first Kubrow was a Sunika, and it tended to live through the worst thrown at it and still take things down. Sahasas, though, are better Sunikas, they even tackle capture targets and everything, but they also have the digging power that can drop a ton of credits, ammo, energy, health, and (potentially) rare mods. Raksas, though, have the CC Howl that is exactly like Nekros' Terrify, and can restore your shields. Huras, though, has Shade's cloaking power, and a lunging power, so there's little to no reason to not just run Shade if you want a cloaking follower, as Shade ends up getting killed less (and with no repercussions!)

Hope this helps!

Edited by NoggDog117

I've found the Huras Kubrow to be my preferred endgame breed. I main Oberon and despite the invisibility not being directly controllable, the cloak tends to augment my ability to support my teammates. Invisibility always occurs consistently when moving to revive an incapped teammate who lost their health too quickly for Renewal to make contact or faster than the rate of regeneration the ability provides. In addition, since the Invisibility seems to occur more often if you even find a second to break enemy line of sight, I can use the Invisibility to lay down support through power use, since those do not interrupt the abilities affects, meaning the vulnerability of Renewal's cast time and all of his other abilities are mitigated, and I have more liberty to pick and choose my targets in a group for Smite.

Side Note: When people say Kubrows run into enemy fire, I wonder why all the enemies constantly miss her. Lunas luck stat must be maxed out I guess.

I see that your kubrow is a small one. My raksa is also a smallish build. Small kubrow = small hitbox = higher survivability?  >_>

So basicly people who said sunika is the best kubrow because it is the 1st kubrow they hatched or it is the only kubrow they have.

I remembered when lots of people defending sunika is better than sahasa and said sunika finisher attack are superior to sahasa which i cant find the source why it is superrior and because they read sunika codes entry and like : OMG this is the most offensive kubrow. Well i have try every breed and sunika is the worst in my opinion.

on topic : personally i always bring my sahasa in high lv mission because it can use finisher attack just like sunika, can take down vip like sunika + dig ability which give me 75  energy / health / some credits / chance for rare mods / life support / ammo whne i need it and bite those high lv t4 heavy gunner in 1 hit for the lulz

i also like raksa, as many people above reason, but if i have to pick 1, sahasa is my choice ( i cant stand 3 hours of recovery just to switch my kubrow )

Edited by EagleHawkz25

I'd say Sahasa with Raksa a close second.

Sahasa has that attack precept that can lock-down heavy targets and properly modded will hit like a truck, plus Dig is pretty much guaranteed to generate drops that you need and sometimes even straight-up mods. Redtext, my Sahasa, straight-up breaks Grineer in half in one hit on a regular basis.

Raksa can boost your shields way better than any sentinel can, and its Howl ability can really help take the heat off when things start getting crazy.

Sunika for me.  All I can say is that missions go by much faster/she kills S#&$ much faster than any of my other Kubrow.  I couldn't give numbers if I tried, but there is a noticeable difference.

She's also my tallest Kubrow coming up to my shoulder.

Another issue is that Sunika would be fantastic to take on VIP missions but having to thaw a kubrow just to use it for a single mission is far too complex to make using Sunika for this one purpose worth the effort.  The entire system just makes kubrows too bothersome to be a valid option.  Basically, you pick one and use it exclusively which defeats the purpose of having 4 breeds of them.

Yes, I realize that thawing is designed to encourage spending platinum but if it cost 15k credits instead, then I might feel that switching between kubrows was actually viable.  Even then the cost of upkeep is very high.  Fun idea, but it still has a long way to go to make them viable over sentinels.