Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Way To Reintroduce Excalibur Prime(And His Other Weapons)

BoomToon43

Sorry if you guys don't like the idea, but the non-founders need to get something to make up for them not being able to have excal & his weapons maybe like Dex Excalibur of something, i don't @(*()$ know....

No they don't. This chapter of Warframe history was already closed long ago, and final decisions were made.

While I do like the ideas you have, this person has a valid point.

DE cannot legally re-release founders exclusives.

A founders pack is exclusive items to the founders, while some developers do find loopholes ("Early access to..." before some items, like in Nosgoth), DE did not use them. That being said, they said that the founders exclusives are just that; Exclusives. However, there is another loophole they could take by reopening the founders packs, with the same costs, but with a feature or two (Design Council access, maybe reduced plat) as a bit of a "late purchase" drawback. This is the only way I see the founders packs could ever "return".

inb4 lock

why not just add the amount of mastery points missing to every non-founders total and be done with it, the frame and weapons are only marginally better than the originals and only really good for mastery anyway. also just add the damn things to the codex as completed. done.

^ This, i don't really care about the weapons themself, but i want the mastery tho.

For people who fail to understand:

Founders was like an in house kickstarter. The rewards were to show thanks for the support in those early days when the games future was less certain.

Founders won't come back because that period is over. To bring it back now would devalue the support of all those who pledged their support to this game in those earlier days.

Compare that to the counterpoint of 12000 mastery and warm completionist fuzzies?

It's no contest.

Founders is never coming back lmao. If you started in U12 guess what? Too bad so sad :D. None of you non founders will ever get founders stuff, end of story. Period lol.

That was unnecessary.

Edit: That comment was cancer.

Edited by DarkLordX2

Basically any form of it will also never happen either. All these threads are about one thing, entitlement. All non founders cry about not getting it thinking maybe DE will care. News flash this argument is dead and buried. Didn't get founders whine about it on your own website cause DE isn't gonna care or listen lol.

A founders pack is exclusive items to the founders, while some developers do find loopholes ("Early access to..." before some items, like in Nosgoth), DE did not use them. That being said, they said that the founders exclusives are just that; Exclusives. However, there is another loophole they could take by reopening the founders packs, with the same costs, but with a feature or two (Design Council access, maybe reduced plat) as a bit of a "late purchase" drawback. This is the only way I see the founders packs could ever "return".

Even then, the community backlash would outweigh any possible profits.

the thing about re releasing the founders pack is that it would no longer be a founder's pack. like people don't seem to know the definition of founder ._. kills the point if they release it nearly 2 years after closed beta xD. i do with i had the option of upgrading my founder pack ;~; but that wont happen. thankfully i have excal prime which is all that really matters

edit:

For people who fail to understand:

Founders was like an in house kickstarter. The rewards were to show thanks for the support in those early days when the games future was less certain.

Founders won't come back because that period is over. To bring it back now would devalue the support of all those who pledged their support to this game in those earlier days.

Compare that to the counterpoint of 12000 mastery and warm completionist fuzzies?
It's no contest.

ninja'd ._. xD

also i'd love to point out the hilarity that the OP is a founder pitching the rerelease of excal prime

Edited by Llelouche

they would make it so only the non-founders could have him

This would not only not fix the problem at hand, it would create a whole new one.

Founders PAID for Excal Prime. Giving non-paying players a free frame while specifically excluding the part of the playerbase that helped make this game what it is today would be a terrible move for DE. Not only would those non-paying players still *@##$ about not being able to get Excal Prime, but the founders would feel cheated and discriminated against, especially because they actually paid to help the game grow (or just to get Excal Prime, whatever). Non-founders did not help the game grow in its time of need, so why should they be rewarded for it?

While I do like the ideas you have, this person has a valid point.

I do believe they specifically stated that the founders packages would NOT be making any sort of return, and that the last day of the package sales was the last possible chance to get Excal Prime... That 'loophole' that you've described wouldn't really work for them.

Locking thread.

This is something that's been brought up a lot of different ways to release something for those unable to retrieve the Founder items, sadly, DE is not planning on bringing Excalibur Prime back or any method similar to him or his items. Discussion closed.