Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thoughts On The Game After Coming Back From Before A Lot Of Changes

(PSN)TerranAxiom87

I think the game is brilliant now

Right across the board, just brilliant. Before the patch/patches, the gae lacked a lot of depth and was a straight up grind and nothing more with flash graphiics but i am completely blown away with what has been done, it is quality.

My only quip is that we have to pay to upload our clan tags. I know you have to make a profit but this is something that really does need to be free. I plan on buying mine but i can see how this would put a lot of players off. Maybe you could shift that cost to another feature to make it free?, i have no idea what though. Also i can see how having to make it 128/128 pixels or whatever it is can really make things frustrating and it may well do so for me.

The character learning curve is great as well and there is loads of room to get better to really make your tenno your own. This game offers so much that no other game does and i hope it is built upon for years to come.

My only quip is that we have to pay to upload our clan tags. I know you have to make a profit but this is something that really does need to be free. I plan on buying mine but i can see how this would put a lot of players off. Maybe you could shift that cost to another feature to make it free?, i have no idea what though. Also i can see how having to make it 128/128 pixels or whatever it is can really make things frustrating and it may well do so for me.

The character learning curve is great as well and there is loads of room to get better to really make your tenno your own. This game offers so much that no other game does and i hope it is built upon for years to come.

Warframe is one of my most favorite games of all time.

But as of right now, the difficulty curve is an issue. With things being difficult in the beginning and then getting crap easy as we progress forward, which is not the right way to go about it.

Clan emblems aren't really needed in my opinion, so the fact you have to pay a small amount of plat is ok.

What game are you playing now saying "was a straight up grind and nothing more with flash graphiics" like it isnt anymore.

Its exactly direction the game went to and main gripe of everyone wanting to change something about it.

Edited by Davoodoo

I knew it was only a matter of time before people jumped into this thread all like "no you're wrong game still sux"

It's a hell of a lot better than it was when I started playing. Welcome back OP.

Ok they made improvements but grind never gotten better, new additions are mostly flashy stuff without much practical use.

1.Tutorial improved

2.quests, though they still need work imo

3.new ui is subjective, i personally hate it.

Thats all i can remember from recent additions which isnt flashy but unpractical and havent made grind worse.

Ok they made improvements but grind never gotten better, new additions are mostly flashy stuff without much practical use.

1.Tutorial improved

2.quests, though they still need work imo

3.new ui is subjective, i personally hate it.

Thats all i can remember from recent additions which isnt flashy but unpractical and havent made grind worse.

You must not have been around for any old events, or back when frame parts weren't guaranteed drops. Grind has gotten better. (just to be clear on this, there is still lots of room to improve, I'm not saying the amount of grind we have now is okay)

And if things are subjective then you can't say objectively that the game has gotten worse. 

Edited by vaugahn

You must not have been around for any old events, or back when frame parts weren't guaranteed drops. Grind has gotten better. (just to be clear on this, there is still lots of room to improve, I'm not saying the amount of grind we have now is okay)

And if things are subjective then you can't say objectively that the game has gotten worse. 

I played since u6 and really except raptor which was clearly bugged and j3 golem which sometimes dropped 2nd mod/oc instead of frame part, parts were dropping 9/10 times, rhino was hardest frame for me to get while i got frost on first runs, opposite of what most ppl got, i could call it bad luck back then, now i cant call it bad luck since its deliberate decision to make everything useful rare.

Bosses were great place to farm rare resources pre u8, no clan resources and actually a higher chance for boss to drop rare stuff, ive gotten 300 neurals back in u7, now i struggle to get 1 to craft next forma.

You might disagree but drops 2.0 havent made any mods more common but made few really rare due to being placed on extremely rare enemies while also being extremely rare, not to mention you could play what you wanted and still get something useful instead of being forced to play same gamemode against specific faction on specific planet to get 1 drop you want to get.

On drops 1.0 stalker dropped only his weapons bps and dropped something 8/10 times, now despairs are barely ever seen as drop.

No lephantis or vay hek keys.

So what improvements are you talking about?? I havent even mentioned voids but theres also a lot of things that gotten worse.

Edited by Davoodoo

I played since u6 and really except raptor which was clearly bugged and j3 golem which sometimes dropped 2nd mod/oc instead of frame part, parts were dropping 9/10 times, rhino was hardest frame for me to get while i got frost on first runs, opposite of what most ppl got, i could call it bad luck back then, now i cant call it bad luck since its deliberate decision to make everything useful rare.

Bosses were great place to farm rare resources pre u8, no clan resources and actually a higher chance for boss to drop rare stuff, ive gotten 300 neurals back in u7, now i struggle to get 1 to craft next forma.

You might disagree but drops 2.0 havent made any mods more common but made few really rare due to being placed on extremely rare enemies while also being extremely rare, not to mention you could play what you wanted and still get something useful instead of being forced to play same gamemode against specific faction on specific planet to get 1 drop you want to get.

On drops 1.0 stalker dropped only his weapons bps and dropped something 8/10 times, now despairs are barely ever seen as drop.

No lephantis or vay hek keys.

So what improvements are you talking about?? I havent even mentioned voids but theres also a lot of things that gotten worse.

I don't have to explain myself to you, maybe you should just stop playing until it gets better like i did..................

I dont know why my post has appeared as part of your quote.

Edited by (PS4)ENKkii87

Actually i will explain.

When i played, there was nothing. Linear maps with very same ish stuff over and over again. We didn't have the ship, no pvp, no pvpve. The game seemed to literally be based around getting loot and griniding with no immersion or anything.

The npe was exactly what you'd expect from a f2p. A very basic start where you are just in a room (the very start) and you just do what you are told and then that's it, you then go on to simply picking what maps you want to go on with no immersion, no quests, no nothing.

Last time i played it seemed to be all about grinding and loot, nothing more. There qas quite literally nothing to the game except flash graphics. I thought it was quite meh and didn't expect it ti get any deeper which is what seems to be happening all over the gaming industry nowadays.

As someone who has a qualification in art, i can also say that they have spent a lot of effort with map design. If you pay attention to the map detail, you will notice that you are entering parts of ships that clearly would have function within the ship.

Actually i will explain.

When i played, there was nothing. Linear maps with very same ish stuff over and over again. We didn't have the ship, no pvp, no pvpve. The game seemed to literally be based around getting loot and griniding with no immersion or anything.

The npe was exactly what you'd expect from a f2p. A very basic start where you are just in a room (the very start) and you just do what you are told and then that's it, you then go on to simply picking what maps you want to go on with no immersion, no quests, no nothing.

Last time i played it seemed to be all about grinding and loot, nothing more. There qas quite literally nothing to the game except flash graphics. I thought it was quite meh and didn't expect it ti get any deeper which is what seems to be happening all over the gaming industry nowadays.

As someone who has a qualification in art, i can also say that they have spent a lot of effort with map design. If you pay attention to the map detail, you will notice that you are entering parts of ships that clearly would have function within the ship.

Just grind, no immersion is what im getting from current game, past few hours into it theres no mystery.

Lore in my eyes isnt anything gr8, theres nothing unexepected in it, dying soldier sees mag with wings, oh its newest addition archwing, i wouldnt even be surprised if devs said that tenno murdered orokin without any reason, booooooooooooooring, lore behind enemies?? general sargas ruk, oh its just grineer general who hates everything not grineer and have some implants, sgt nef anyo, oh mr sergeant corpus sniper, lephantis, orokin era old infested, boooooooooooooooooooooooring.

Maybe i was spoiled by dark souls but this lore is just lazy, theres nothing creative in it, we have no backstory of any character except stalker, which is also his version of things and shouldnt be taken as necessarily true, backstory of places?? there are jungles left by orokin on earth and grineer made some shipyard on ceres and corpus made some kind of city on jupiter, thats literally it.

Grind got worse and i explained it.

Ship sure ok, its new lobby, flashy but actually less practical than old menu.

Melee 2.0 made grind worse, added flashy combos which up to date have no real purpose.

Rescue 2.0 is basically a rescue 1.0 with timer attached and some stealth elements which arent even any important.

Dark sectors maybe added pvp but its so broken that its unplayable.

What we got is new tilesets and other flashiness but really nothing was done to make it feel less grindy after few hours into game and i said many times that it might blind new players but quickly loses its charm and grind shows up.

Edited by Davoodoo

I'm not sure what game you're playing -__-

You obviously missed out on having to grind a boss for literally two weeks to get a frame, stalker dropping nothing half the time you killed him, never having enough basic resources to build anything, and all that other wonderful stuff.

It's clear you have some personal problems with the direction of the game. That's totally cool. However you can't just ignore facts while also writing off all the other things that have gotten better just because you don't think they're very fun.

Just grind, no immersion is what im getting from current game, past few hours into it theres no mystery.

Lore in my eyes isnt anything gr8, theres nothing unexepected in it, dying soldier sees mag with wings, oh its newest addition archwing, i wouldnt even be surprised if devs said that tenno murdered orokin without any reason, booooooooooooooring, lore behind enemies?? general sargas ruk, oh its just grineer general who hates everything not grineer and have some implants, sgt nef anyo, oh mr sergeant corpus sniper, lephantis, orokin era old infested, boooooooooooooooooooooooring.

Maybe i was spoiled by dark souls but this lore is just lazy, theres nothing creative in it, we have no backstory of any character except stalker, which is also his version of things and shouldnt be taken as necessarily true, backstory of places?? there are jungles left by orokin on earth and grineer made some shipyard on ceres and corpus made some kind of city on jupiter, thats literally it.

Grind got worse and i explained it.

Ship sure ok, its new lobby, flashy but actually less practical than old menu.

Melee 2.0 made grind worse, added flashy combos which up to date have no real purpose.

Rescue 2.0 is basically a rescue 1.0 with timer attached and some stealth elements which arent even any important.

Dark sectors maybe added pvp but its so broken that its unplayable.

What we got is new tilesets and other flashiness but really nothing was done to make it feel less grindy after few hours into game and i said many times that it might blind new players but quickly loses its charm and grind shows up.

Cool, maybe you should iterally just quit, it's that simple.

Your type can be found on any game forum mate, just quit, you do not have to keep playing.

You are entitled to your opinion but you do not have to keep pushing it on me like i have to explain mysefl to you. Would you like me to make you feel like you should explain why you keep playing even though quite clearly you do not even appreciate the game that much. i am not blind to the grind, but i have what i want so there is no grind for me. Theres crafting but thats just something that ill get round to in time and the grind has a bit of story and stuff added.

Please just stop replying and trying to press your opinion, because that is all it  is, just like mine and mine is that you should just quit and move on if you dislike it that much.

If you reall want it to get better, stop being a whiner and go to the feedback and make objective and decent threads for things to be implemented. If you really care that much and you are not just here to whine because no life, then you wil do that.

You obviously missed out on having to grind a boss for literally two weeks to get a frame, stalker dropping nothing half the time you killed him, never having enough basic resources to build anything, and all that other wonderful stuff.

It's clear you have some personal problems with the direction of the game. That's totally cool. However you can't just ignore facts while also writing off all the other things that have gotten better just because you don't think they're very fun.

You can find his type on any game forum,

They tend to think their opninion of what they like or dislike holds more weight than anyone elses and they will disregard a lot of stuff,

Save your breath.

I remember missing alloy plates for alternate helmets, i remember farming for plastids and control modules for 1st clantechs.

I remember that my friend, my clanmates and me got despairs hate and dread, but now were struggling to get them.

I dont remember farming for few weeks to get a new frame, bps for my 2nd frame i got on day 1, then i always managed to get parts, resources and previous frame to 30 before i finished crafting next one, 3,5day between these 1/4th of "literally two weeks".

You can find his type on any game forum,

They tend to think their opninion of what they like or dislike holds more weight than anyone elses and they will disregard a lot of stuff,

Save your breath.

Tons of ppl are spending everyday making suggestions on forums to improve the game they love/loved/would want to love but cant and you come and say "hey good job on making mistakes that huge part of community finds terrible, keep it up".

Youre the type i see on every forum, "i like it, so you shouldnt criticise it" without even bothering to check if criticism is valid or not.

I remember missing alloy plates for alternate helmets, i remember farming for plastids and control modules for 1st clantechs.

I remember that my friend, my clanmates and me got despairs hate and dread, but now were struggling to get them.

I dont remember farming for few weeks to get a new frame, bps for my 2nd frame i got on day 1, then i always managed to get parts, resources and previous frame to 30 before i finished crafting next one, 3,5day between these 1/4th of "literally two weeks".

Tons of ppl are spending everyday making suggestions on forums to improve the game they love/loved/would want to love but cant and you come and say "hey good job on making mistakes that huge part of community finds terrible, keep it up".

Youre the type i see on every forum, "i like it, so you shouldnt criticise it" without even bothering to check if criticism is valid or not.

Hahaha, look at yourself, you are trashing my positive feedback thread with your negative nancy rubbish. I have no problem with criticism but it is common cutesy to not trash other peoples threads. This is feedback, not general discussion.

And again you are pressing your opnion over mine in my thread   "hey good job on making mistakes that huge part of community finds terrible, keep it up"..................

Hahaha, look at yourself, you are trashing my positive feedback thread with your negative nancy rubbish. I have no problem with criticism but it is common cutesy to not trash other peoples threads. This is feedback, not general discussion.

And again you are pressing your opnion over mine in my thread   "hey good job on making mistakes that huge part of community finds terrible, keep it up"..................

you are ridiculous, heres a tampon.

Edited by (PS4)ENKkii87

I don't really agree with what he's saying either but there's no need to get like that...you're being just as bad now D: 

Can I just say how impressed I am by the recent visual updates? I had stopped playing warframe for about 2-3 months before but I would open the client every now and then to update it so that when I felt to play it I wouldn't have to be delayed by updates. 

Finally I launched the game and I was completely mind blown by the amount of changes I saw in the game. The interface was almost new to me and there was even an intro story. The update alone got me so hyped and interested in the game that I've been playing it at every opportunity non-stop. It's a grind fest to some extent but it doesn't feel boring.

- There are a growing number of warframes added to the game each major patch. This keeps it interesting by adding new things to play.
- There are tons of weapons each with their own variety of stances, strengths and weaknesses. Obtaining them all takes a lot of work.

- The community is awesome! Coming from an avid League of Legends player, I really get tired of the constant toxicity in LoL and Warframe is like a trip to the beach with a bunch of chill surfer dudes n such. I'm not saying that warframe is free of toxicity but there are just less reasons and opportunities to be toxic. 
- It's free yet you literally can make platinum which is obtained mainly by IRL purchase. I don't know of many games that have a system like this. It's really amazing that a free player like me can make enough of this special currency to get access to special items in the game.