Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I'd Really, Really Want, To Use Shotguns Again

Phoenix86

Yeah,

i bet you got the feeling...

I'm sure many of the vets remember how good it was roaming around with a fully loaded Hek back in the days...

God, you felt MIGHTY with it... the look of it, the sound of it overall!! ...

Atm i feel like shotguns are hard capped too much, being effective only on low-mid lvl at best...

They need a buff across the board... let it be sheer power, crits or status... they gotta get some love...

At least 1-2 shotty have to be considered, somehow, endgame weapons!

(and no, the tentacle rape gun (aka Phage) doesnt exactly count as a "shotgun" )

Damn i cant describe how much i'd like to have an Hek Wraith with the same killing power the old Hek had back in the days

What's ur opinion about shotguns?

They are let down by their mods.

Firstly they require 3 mods to hit max base damage as opposed to two like all other weapons, with that base damage increase being lower than that recieved by other weapon types.

Secondly a good portion of their damage will go to waste based on falloff and spread. Not all of your pellets will hit, and there is a good chance they won't hit for full damage.

The Tigris is the hardest hitting shotgun in the game, and yet, my 6 Forma'd Tigris does less damage per shot than my unformad Paris Prime. Hell if I bothered to max the bow, I'd hit harder than even a double blast from my Tigris at close range.

And the Paris Prime comes with the advantage of no falloff and much more reliable accuracy as well as innate punch through.

Shotguns need a rework, and I have been saying as such for a long time.

Ever try the Boar Prime? Bye, bye Vor Prime whenever I bring that around...

Boar Prime becomes ineffective at 40 minutes of T4 Survival. There are probably more than 10 Rifles and another over 10 Secondaries which do better in high-level Survival than Boar Prime. Shotguns need a buff.

Would making Point Blank a rank 10 mod balance the shotguns?

225px-PointBlankModU145.png

225px-SerrationModU145.png

225px-HornetStrikeModU145.png

Yes. Although I fear Phage might become OP, since it already deals equal DPS compared to Boltor Prime.

Boar Prime becomes ineffective at 40 minutes of T4 Survival. There are probably more than 10 Rifles and another over 10 Secondaries which do better in high-level Survival than Boar Prime. Shotguns need a buff.

Yes. Although I fear Phage might become OP, since it already deals equal DPS compared to Boltor Prime.

Buff mod, nerf phage. Tahdah.

Corpus Flak? Anywho I still use Tigris and Hek in my void runs sure they aren't OP broken but I still manage to kill dozens upon dozens of mobs I tend to leave carpets of bodies till 35mins in survival then I need two shots to take down a heavy while every other mobs take one. At 40 trash Mobs start to become tough.

Corpus Flak? Anywho I still use Tigris and Hek in my void runs sure they aren't OP broken but I still manage to kill dozens upon dozens of mobs I tend to leave carpets of bodies till 35mins in survival then I need two shots to take down a heavy while every other mobs take one. At 40 trash Mobs start to become tough.

you talking about T4 or lower?

i can hardly believe a Hek, even fully modded can 1 shot T4 mobs after 35mins... hell even past 20 tbh

(would be happy to be proven wrong)

I often use the Strun Wraith and it's perfectly fine for me.

^This

Strun Wraith/Boar Prime is still my most reliable weapon for inflicting multiple statuses on enemies with a single click of my mouse button.

Of course, shotgun status builds require all of the dual stat event mods and Hell's Chamber so that's five mods slots gone but that status Strun Wraith/Boar Prime does become more likely to inflict at least four statuses per shot rather than three or less statuses. Can't do that with any other weapon.

Statuses that do something other than dealing damage scale just fine into high level endless missions so it's worth it.

i can hardly believe a Hek, even fully modded can 1 shot T4 mobs after 35mins... hell even past 20 tbh

(would be happy to b

be proven wrong)

I'm fairly sure that it could. Witg the correct mods it should be possible.

Can't test myself though, since I lack the desire to get a Hek and Forma it up

(would be happy to be proven wrong)

T3 survivals. Tried T4 once but that was with sybaris nd pyrana I might try T4 later since I have a key for it and I'd wanna see how my only two 6 forma shotties will hold up.

Point Blank needs to have more levels, and Blunderbuss Ravage could definitely use a buff.

Boar(Prime), Sobek, and Tigris could receive Critical Chance buffs. (Atleast +5% to Boars & Sobek, and +10% to Tigris?)

I'd love to see Shotguns get a Magazine Size + Reload Speed dual mod.

Then, it'd be great if we got an elemental, non-tenticular, primary Shotgun.

Fire maybe? 

Would allow easy modding to Blast, Gas, and Radiation damage types.

And with Blaze, a Heat oriented build would be pretty cool.

Edited by Flackenstien

Kinda, tbh i still have to understand why Phage is classified as a "shotgun" it has nothing of it.

Multiple beams shot outward in a wide spread, limited range. That's it though.

I don't think there would be any need to nerf the Phage if shotgun mods were buffed for a few reasons. It has limited range compared to Boltor Rime, and it has to focus all of the beaks every time you want to deal that much damage to a single target. It is also a continuous weapon, meaning it only deals damage per (slow) tick given how continuous beam weapons work now. These factors prevent the Phage from dealing the up-front immediate damage of the Boltor Prime and make you jump through s couple of hoops to hit said damage. Phage's low crit chance/damage also reduces its full potential damage on headshot compared to the Synapse or Amprex, which is kind of important for when crazy enemy scaling kicks in.

Edited by Noble_Cactus

Multiple beams shot outward in a wide spread, limited range. That's it though.

I don't think there would be any need to nerf the Phage if shotgun mods were buffed for a few reasons. It has limited range compared to Boltor Rime, and it has to focus all of the beaks every time you want to deal that much damage to a single target. It is also a continuous weapon, meaning it only deals damage per (slow) tick given how continuous beam weapons work now. These factors prevent the Phage from dealing the up-front immediate damage of the Boltor Prime and make you jump through s couple of hoops to hit said damage. Phage's low crit chance/damage also reduces its full potential damage on headshot compared to the Synapse or Amprex, which is kind of important for when crazy enemy scaling kicks in.

If DE buffs shotguns mods more then Phage will be even more powerfull. Try Mirage+HoM+Phage the damage can be .... interesting =)

If DE buffs shotguns mods more then Phage will be even more powerfull. Try Mirage+HoM+Phage the damage can be .... interesting =)

Oh believe me. I know the power of Mirage + Phage and it is fun stuff. Besides the mass amounts of glowing tentacles hurting your eyes, that is.

Edited by Noble_Cactus