Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nemesis? Proto-Armor Nyx.

RCOAS

Your guess is as good as anyone's. I can't think of a single instance of anyone at DE even mentioning Nemesis or a skin related to it. 

Well, maybe there was one passing comment in one Devstream, but no statement of intention toward a proto-armor for Nyx. 

While Proto Excalibur was CLEARLY a Excalibur Warframe, Nemesis doesn't look like Nyx except for that horn on the head IMO. Nemesis is massive and has got a huge throwable blade with electrical abilities, while Nyx is a Mind Controller. I'd rather see a Volt Nemesis Proto Armor instead (in the boss battle Nemesis used a Electric Shield and was charging his blade with thunders). I doubt it'll come out, though

Well I guess technically it is a woman in there as well so would be fine for Nyx to wear. 

However unlike proto Excalibur it would not fit as easily over the current nyx model. 

For one Nemesis has only one hand so they would need to model a new hand. 

Lastly it would only be released as a anniversary event. So pick an anniversary point: 

- Warframe closed beta start

- Warframe open beta start

- PS4 warframe start

- Xbox one warframe start 

Now get to guessing. 

Except for having a similar shaped "horn" on their head and a pointy chin, i don't really see how Nyx and Nemesis are supposed to be connected.

They have practically nothing else in common visualy or in terms of combat abilities.

Nyx begann as female Excalibur sure, but with very destinct female appearance and then got psychic powers to ber her own Warframe type.

Nemesis is a physical powerhouse who also has a destinct male design (i know the wielder was female). It's main fighting style was also a massive arm blade (resembling carrying one Kronen) which it could use like a Glaive and a shield barrier on the other arm.

Nyx meanwhile would rather fit having a female Proto-excalibur skin, but DE would need to create this one from scratch.

Really, what connection is there between the two, besides horn and female wearer?

You might aswell nominated it as alternate skin for Valkyr, since she also has clawed fingers, highlighted rounded shoulders, vein like lines going across her body and a small heel on her feet.

Doesn't that also apply to Haiden Tenno and the actual Excalibur? We still got the armor-skin. Nemesis Looks similar enough to Nyx to justify a Nemesis armor-Skin.

Dude the difference between Nemesis and Nyx isn't even comparable with the difference between Excalibur and Proto Excalibur

It would require a _lot_ more plumbing to allow a mesh-swap to _also_ change the skeleton to a male skeleton _and_ you'd then need Nyx animations compatible with the male skeleton.

It's _highly_ unlikely that DE would do that for an anniversary meshswap (IMHO a "skin" is texture only").

Though they might do a Nemesis skin for Excalibur, that would most likely be easier.

While Proto Excalibur was CLEARLY a Excalibur Warframe, Nemesis doesn't look like Nyx except for that horn on the head IMO. Nemesis is massive and has got a huge throwable blade with electrical abilities, while Nyx is a Mind Controller. I'd rather see a Volt Nemesis Proto Armor instead (in the boss battle Nemesis used a Electric Shield and was charging his blade with thunders). I doubt it'll come out, though

Except for the fact Nemesis is a woman. Not a man. So Volt can't wear it.

Maybe Proto-Volt instead? http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120630225215/darksector/images/2/2e/288384_full.jpg

It looks, a little like Volt with Storm helmet

That is not volt. That is Stalker. I am serious too. That thing is NAMED STALKER. So... Hi stalker's daddy -waves at Stalky's dad-

I would rather see weapon reskins for some current Warframe weapons.

Like reskin for Lex to become the Tekna 9mm from Dark Sector, or Reskin the glaive to become Hayden's glaive. Or reskin the Kronen to become Nemesis's glaive.

btw Loki could also use the proto Armor since Hayden turned invisible, and Zephy can use it too since Hayden also had the shield directly infront of him.

Edited by Arlayn

Except for having a similar shaped "horn" on their head and a pointy chin, i don't really see how Nyx and Nemesis are supposed to be connected.

They have practically nothing else in common visualy or in terms of combat abilities.

Nyx begann as female Excalibur sure, but with very destinct female appearance and then got psychic powers to ber her own Warframe type.

Nemesis is a physical powerhouse who also has a destinct male design (i know the wielder was female). It's main fighting style was also a massive arm blade (resembling carrying one Kronen) which it could use like a Glaive and a shield barrier on the other arm.

Nyx meanwhile would rather fit having a female Proto-excalibur skin, but DE would need to create this one from scratch.

Really, what connection is there between the two, besides horn and female wearer?

You might aswell nominated it as alternate skin for Valkyr, since she also has clawed fingers, highlighted rounded shoulders, vein like lines going across her body and a small heel on her feet.

In Greek mythology, Nemesis is the daughter of Nyx and Erebus. I'm 100% positive our Nyx was inspired by Darksector's Nemesis.

Edited by -..-

Why are people acting like it'd have to look exactly like Nemesis? They could definitely take some artistic license, like leaving Nyx with a normal hand and having it still appear female.

Because the Proto-excalibur was a direct re-use of the Dark-Sector Asset the likelihood of DE doing a whole new sculpt, re-topo, texture and rig _just_ for anniversary content is minimal. It's less work to make a new prime.