Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fire Rate Selector

Axianamus

So I just had a thought the other day when i noticed my boltor prime was just about one shotting everything.

Why can't I switch this to semi-automatic? Would there be any real point? No, but it would be cool.

I can hear it now, people saying "It would be pointless." Well, maybe, but it's also totally optional. I never understood why people are so dead set on having everything their way when it's just as easy to have options that allow each player to customize gameplay to their liking. But this thread isn't about that.

Anyway no, I don't want a latron, I just think it would be cool to switch your full auto weapons to single shot. It wouldn't invalidate single shot weapons now because their overall damage is usually much higher. It's the difference between modern day bolt action rifles and automatic rifles. The point is all about ammo conservation. A single shot where it needs to go is more valuable than 2 where they don't need to be.

"But space guns fire kinetic bolts that pin people to walls" Yes, and a space bow with elastic space string has more penetrating power than space guns that fire pure energy. Bonus point's if your space bow has a lick of gold paint. Oh and a wooden stick is my most powerful melee weapon, well, my favorite anyway. I recently painted that one gold to. I believe it was the Orks who said "RED MAEKZ IS GO FASTA" Well in this case gold makes it... hit harder?

The point with all that was this game is about fun, and people like to have fun in different ways, not to be super realistic, so why not add little things like this to give them the option? Most people likely didn't even notice it wasn't there. I didn't for.... 2 years. But it's the little things, yknow?

Some people had way better suggestions than me to make a similar system but way more interesting. 

I'd expand on this. DE loves making mods so let them make new ones, but one that costs 0 to install, can't be ranked up, and only fits a "fire selector" slot (which can only accept fire modes). It could also make weapons more varied by making them compatible with different fire modes (eg: no autofire Ogris or Latron, a Sybaris couldn't go over burst 2).

Speaking of the Ogris: one of said fire modes for charge weapons could be "click to charge, click to release" for example.

You could have single, 2-burst, 3-burst, 5-burst, auto, replace right click for single, replace right click for 2-burst (etc), (akimbo) left click fires left gun and right click the right one, etc. There are lots of possibilities, and it would give us a lot of combinations to try.

That could open the way to weapon "stances/auras" type things.

Though I wouldn't have the option to toggle select fire myself... more so to entirely transform the fire mode completely.

Like melee stances separate weapon type primary "stances" could too. (Some off the top of my head ideas below... though many of these could very well just be normal mods) I'm just spewing stuff out at this point.

Bows

- Overdrawn (Allows for an additional ring of charge (Pulls string back further) at the cost of stamina for bonus damage

- Dipped Arrows (Slows enemies hit by your arrows)

Sniper Rifles 

- Piercing Charge (Every X shot will have punch through)

- Ricochet (Projectiles have an X% chance of bouncing X times off of any surface)

Marksman Rifles (Semi-auto/Burst Rifles)

- Match trigger (After every shot, you can quickly fire a second shot for bonus crit chance and damage)

- Relentless Assault (Transforms the weapon into an automatic equal to the weapons base RoF which can be increased via RoF mods)

Assault Rifles (Auto Rifles)

- Marksman (Transforms the weapon into semi-auto, RoF still unchanged... if you can click that fast)

Energy Weapons (Constant Stream Weapons)

- Energy Loop (X% chance that upon death enemies explode, radiating X% of targets max health, restoring friendly shields.

Shotguns

- Slugs (Transforms Shotgun to fire Slugs)

- Birdshot (Lower Damage per projectile... more projectiles)

- Deadly Reach (Increase damage drop off distance)

Launchers/Explosives

- Cluster Bomb (Upon explosion, Launcher projectiles deal X% of their base damage and then split into X smaller projectiles which explode dealing X% of the weapons base damage)

- Thermo Nuclear (Every X rounds, the projectile has a chance to increase its damage by X% and has an increased range of X%)

Edited by Axianamus

I'd expand on this. DE loves making mods so let them make new ones, but one that costs 0 to install, can't be ranked up, and only fits a "fire selector" slot (which can only accept fire modes). It could also make weapons more varied by making them compatible with different fire modes (eg: no autofire Ogris or Latron, a Sybaris couldn't go over burst 2).

Speaking of the Ogris: one of said fire modes for charge weapons could be "click to charge, click to release" for example.

You could have single, 2-burst, 3-burst, 5-burst, auto, replace right click for single, replace right click for 2-burst (etc), (akimbo) left click fires left gun and right click the right one, etc. There are lots of possibilities, and it would give us a lot of combinations to try.

I feel like the bottom half of OP's post is entirely superfluous.

So, what are you suggesting here again, the ability to switch automatic weapons to burst/semi-auto?

If that's the case, sure, options are always good. Why not?

Yea I got off on a tangent. I do that. But yea, that's my point. I also like orks. There's always a reason to have orks in a post.

Though I wouldn't have the option to toggle select fire myself... more so to entirely transform the fire mode completely.

Like melee stances separate weapon type primary "stances" could too. (Some off the top of my head ideas below... though many of these could very well just be normal mods) I'm just spewing stuff out at this point.

Bows

- Overdrawn (Allows for an additional ring of charge (Pulls string back further) at the cost of stamina for bonus damage

- Dipped Arrows (Slows enemies hit by your arrows)

Sniper Rifles 

- Piercing Charge (Every X shot will have punch through)

- Ricochet (Projectiles have an X% chance of bouncing X times off of any surface)

Marksman Rifles (Semi-auto/Burst Rifles)

- Match trigger (After every shot, you can quickly fire a second shot for bonus crit chance and damage)

- Relentless Assault (Transforms the weapon into an automatic equal to the weapons base RoF which can be increased via RoF mods)

Assault Rifles (Auto Rifles)

- Marksman (Transforms the weapon into semi-auto, RoF still unchanged... if you can click that fast)

Energy Weapons (Constant Stream Weapons)

- Energy Loop (X% chance that upon death enemies explode, radiating X% of targets max health, restoring friendly shields.

Shotguns

- Slugs (Transforms Shotgun to fire Slugs)

- Birdshot (Lower Damage per projectile... more projectiles)

- Deadly Reach (Increase damage drop off distance)

Launchers/Explosives

- Cluster Bomb (Upon explosion, Launcher projectiles deal X% of their base damage and then split into X smaller projectiles which explode dealing X% of the weapons base damage)

- Thermo Nuclear (Every X rounds, the projectile has a chance to increase its damage by X% and has an increased range of X%)

Edited by Cogrock

This is the only way I could see such a thing working. And while it would give a lot more customizability to weapons I feel like it could break a lot of weapons. I'd have to go look at the numbers but I feel like a full-auto Tiberon or Latron Wraith would run circles around the Boltor Prime, which is already criticized for being excessively powerful. 

I think the idea is good in any other game where I use guns as multi purpose tools. I remember Flashpoint and having to change my M16 to burst in Cities and single shot when going to the field. It was good and fitted the situation in Warframe it would be to much. Guns like Sybaris and Burston live from their feeling as stated befor it could really break some weapons. Nevertheless if a shot modulator is implemented it will sure be a mod taking up another modspace so we could have fast firing gun with less recoil, punch through (as weapons tend to have at closer range and high velocity,cool reload time and whatever but without any damage. I mean the whole system of damage mods against utility mods needs to be changed. Why can I put all modplace full of damage mods? So I am forced to take weapons with good accuracy, reload speed etc. Because I haven't space to mod these things out. Why can't we have an additional utility slot with every forma we apply? Why? Would be so nice if Forma gave us the space to put a recoil reduction and gunslinger on the lex or lex Prime and having the usual damage mods as well.