Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Buff The Boltor

Rorgal_Sina

Buff the original Boltor. The Tenno apparently suck at copying originals.

Boltor Prime exceeds 50 damage. The Tenno version can't reach half. The Karak is better than it.

Warframe's images within the game (alot of them) depict the normal Boltor as standard weaponry. If it's barely better than the Braton, then why would new players go for it? In my opinion, it should be a reliable midgame rifle that helps noobs throughout the starchart, serving as a heavy damage slow bolt weapon compared to the fast Karak or balanced Hind.

Perhaps buff the damage to between 30 and 35, and that's good enough. Bump Mastery Rank requirement to 2 or 3 after bumping the Boltor Prime's Mastery. This suggestion's sole purpose is to help support new player progression, and sees the Boltor as the opportunity to become the newb popular gun.

Keep in mind that it primarily deals puncture damage, a damage type that is (arguably) better than the other 2 physical damage types, ESPECIALLY against the Grineer with their Alloy and Ferrite armor. I think that it's utility gives it enough viability to be a suitable upgrade and weapon choice. 

That said, it probably should live up to it's prime variant to some degree, as it is a copy of it. 

This is troll bait, BOLTOR prime is the most powerful automatic weapon in the games and makes up 485 of my 1824 cc. Try a catalyst, with some non noob mods. The standard boltor isn't far behind, considering the age of this weapon why would they try to fix that which isn't broken?

Edited by (XB1)SUREFIREVENOM

Nah.

Boltor does 25 damage at 8.8 rounds per second, or 220 basic damage per second.  This is in line with most other mid-range automatic weapons and is a decisive upgrade (higher DPS, better ammo efficiency, physics based multi-kills) compared to the Braton which will probably precede it in most player's evolution of weaponry.

This is troll bait, BOLTOR prime is the most powerful automatic weapon in the games and makes up 485 of my 1824 cc. Try a catalyst, with some non noob mods. The standard boltor isn't far behind, considering the age of this weapon why would they try to fix that which isn't broken?

He said the Boltor, not the Prime version.

Everyone knows that the B.Prime has the highest DPS in the game right now. No need to get all butthurt because you read something wrong.

And if you're that much of a pro with modding, see how much DPS you can get out of the Boltor, then compare that to the Prime version and then to the Braton. See how valid your point is afterwards.

Wait, I'll help you. Here you go.

http://puu.sh/caCaU/b7cc09abae.png

See the point in OP?

Edited by Soulswipe

No thank you.

Boltor is a really nice weapon. There is no need to compare Boltor with its prime version.

And I don't agree Karak is better than Boltor.

They have different primary damage type.

Karak is hit scan, but has small magazine size, which is opposite from Boltor. Both are good, so it really depends on player preference.

He said the Boltor, not the Prime version.

Everyone knows that the B.Prime has the highest DPS in the game right now. No need to get all butthurt because you read something wrong.

And if you're that much of a pro with modding, see how much DPS you can get out of the Boltor, then compare that to the Prime version and then to the Braton. See how valid your point is afterwards.

Wait, I'll help you. Here you go.

http://puu.sh/caCaU/b7cc09abae.png

See the point in OP?

Oh look, another troll who cant read, I mentions boltor prime to put my point across about standard boltor, guess u skipped that bit and yeah, so butthurt! Kids on here....

Btw I typo'd "mentioned", have at it!

Also I have every prime primary weapon and have experimented a lot. Boltor prime has the highest dps in the game therefore nothing I said is invalid, seems like ur the one who is butthurt for some odd reason, toodles!

Edited by (XB1)SUREFIREVENOM

See the point

What I see is that the Boltor solidly dominates the Braton in every way.  Boltor is not clan tech, it is not a prime, it doesn't have extreme build requirements. It is a fairly cheap and easy to make gun for players who are working their way across the solar system.  There is no reason that Boltor should get buffed and make every other mid-range automatic obsolete the way Boltor Prime makes every other top-range automatic obsolete.

What I see is that the Boltor solidly dominates the Braton in every way.  Boltor is not clan tech, it is not a prime, it doesn't have extreme build requirements. It is a fairly cheap and easy to make gun for players who are working their way across the solar system.  There is no reason that Boltor should get buffed and make every other mid-range automatic obsolete the way Boltor Prime makes every other top-range automatic obsolete.

Agreed.

The Boltor can get a player all the way through Pluto, even through the first rounds of rewards in any tier of the Void.  Frankly, as long as a weapon is capable of that much, it's "good enough."  Could it stand to be buffed.  For the sake of the fact that its rounds (and by proxy the Tetra's) have a traveling speed, sure, but only on that fact alone.  Arguably, the Hind and Burston are far better weapons as they do superior damage, ray scan, but are burst fire (despite this, the Hind can feel nearly full auto with good timing.)

One buff I do demand for the Boltor would be a reload speed increase.  Between the Boltor and the Tetra, the only thing the Boltor has going for it is the enemy knock back on kill.

Buff the original Boltor. The Tenno apparently suck at copying originals.

So do the Corpus. The point why Prime weapons are largely superior to any copies made of them is due to the fact that Primes were made using superior materials, technologies and crafting methods that even the Corpus have been struggling to duplicate. This has been largely establish in lore.

On topic: The regular Boltor could possibly do with a tiny buff, but considering the cost in building one, I feel it's fine where it is.

(1) Could it stand to be buffed.  For the sake of the fact that its rounds (and by proxy the Tetra's) have a traveling speed, sure, but only on that fact alone.

(2) One buff I do demand for the Boltor would be a reload speed increase.  Between the Boltor and the Tetra, the only thing the Boltor has going for it is the enemy knock back on kill.

1.) Boltor already has its bonus for having non-hitscan projectiles, in the fact that it sends corpes flying and can easily achieve multi-hits, even multi-kills, due to this.

2.) Boltor has 10% higher DPS (220 vs 201), can do physics multi-hits, and has no appreciable recoil.  Tetra has slightly better ammo efficiency and better ammo handling (magazine:reload) so it can do longer sustained mag dumps, but recoils at the start of firing and can't do the physics multi-hits. Personally I'd say it's the Tetra that needs a minor buff for its strengths to be more noticeable (magazine to 100 rounds?), but they're close enough that you could probably call this one an aesthetics preference.

Nah.

The boltor is perfectly fine as a weapon. Pretty fantastic actually.

One of the prime reasons I was excited for the prime was because I loved the original boltor so much.

It is not in need of a buff.

It is a perfectly deadly, serviceable, and fun weapon.

So many people saying the Boltor is already good.

Do they look at stats anymore? It's hardly the best noob weapon.

Why go for 5 more damage AND travel time when you can get 7 more damage AND more firerate? Furthermore, when has the physical damage ever mattered after you have elementals? I hardly believe the puncture damage is worth getting the Boltor over other noob weapons.

What starter full auto rifles after the Braton are here? Boltor, Karak, Tetra, and Grakata.

Grakata has low damage and difficult firerate, but makes up for status and crit. Arguably one of the better guns in the whole game.

Tetra has a 60 round magazine size and decent damage. Pretty low firerate and low accuracy lowers the amount of DPS you can do.

Karak sports decently high well balanced damage (Impact, Puncture, and Slash) and fast firerate. The main problem is magazine size, but it allows players to kill FAST.

Boltor offers barely anymore damage, and isn't reccomended in Venus for starter players. It has a high magazine size, and the bolts don't actually cause multi-hits. It has travel time, but the damage simply doesn't make up for it. Looks cool though.

Nice argument, but not entirely correct.

The Boltor and Karak have about the same sustained damage. The Karak has significantly higher burst damage due to its much higher rate of fire out of the box.

The fact is they're about the same and that's as it should be since both are available at a similar level of the game. The Boltor is projectile weapon with all the advantages and disadvantages of the type. The Karak is hitscan with all that entails.

You pays your money and takes your choices.

Nice argument, but not entirely correct.

The Boltor and Karak have about the same sustained damage. The Karak has significantly higher burst damage due to its much higher rate of fire out of the box.

The fact is they're about the same and that's as it should be since both are available at a similar level of the game. The Boltor is projectile weapon with all the advantages and disadvantages of the type. The Karak is hitscan with all that entails.

You pays your money and takes your choices.

Karak also has superior sustained DPS. Go check out Warframe Builder for yourself.

The projectile weapons bring no advantages. Only bows have the multi-hit functions. The Boltor as a projectile weapon brings no advantages. Less damage, less firerate, difficult at long range, what else?

The projectile weapons bring no advantages. Only bows have the multi-hit functions.

Noooo, bows have innate punchthrough.  The arrow can pierce a target and keep going, applying damage to every target it passes through until it runs out of punchthrough.   Bolt type weapons (as far as I know, ALL of them) can do what's called a physics based multi-hit. When you kill somebody with a bolt, it carries the body with the projectile and can hit targets behind them with a damage equal to whatever killed the first guy.

I did check the builder: Boltor has better sustained damage output.

Also, projectile weapons introduce damage through physics. Use the gun and it's easy enough to see. They're somewhat more difficult to use well, but this is the advantage of projectile weapons if you skip shred in favor of speed trigger.

Noooo, bows have innate punchthrough.  The arrow can pierce a target and keep going, applying damage to every target it passes through until it runs out of punchthrough.   Bolt type weapons (as far as I know, ALL of them) can do what's called a physics based multi-hit. When you kill somebody with a bolt, it carries the body with the projectile and can hit targets behind them with a damage equal to whatever killed the first guy.

Only bows have punchthrough AND multihit. As far as I know, the Boltor and Prime does not have the ragdoll multihit effect. Can you please bring evidence?