Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Buff The Boltor

Rorgal_Sina

I did check the builder: Boltor has better sustained damage output.

Also, projectile weapons introduce damage through physics. Use the gun and it's easy enough to see. They're somewhat more difficult to use well, but this is the advantage of projectile weapons if you skip shred in favor of speed trigger.

I just did another recheck on Warframe Builder. Are you using the same builds for each gun? I didn't do any builds, just read the stats right off. Karak has about 10 more sustained DPS.

Only bows have punchthrough AND multihit. As far as I know, the Boltor and Prime does not have the ragdoll multihit effect. Can you please bring evidence?

Sure thing.   I don't have a boltor anymore, only a boltor prime, but I don't think there is any mechanical difference between the two.  I took off split chamber so I was only dealing with a single bolt at a time, and then I went hunting:

1.)

Infested just chilling in a bastille. I've lined up two Chargers.

T29cZNy.jpg

2.)

One shot fired. First enemy hit for 1298 damage.

DvwV8BX.jpg

3.)

Second enemy hit by ragdolled corpse.

z5ATouT.jpg

4.)

XP numbers show up, demonstrating that both hits were fatal to the respective targets.

vraxJxH.jpg

Sure thing.   I don't have a boltor anymore, only a boltor prime, but I don't think there is any mechanical difference between the two.  I took off split chamber so I was only dealing with a single bolt at a time, and then I went hunting:

1.)

Infested just chilling in a bastille. I've lined up two Chargers.

T29cZNy.jpg

2.)

One shot fired. First enemy hit for 1298 damage.

DvwV8BX.jpg

3.)

Second enemy hit by ragdolled corpse.

z5ATouT.jpg

4.)

XP numbers show up, demonstrating that both hits were fatal to the respective targets.

vraxJxH.jpg

Thanks alot for the evidence. Then I apologize for being wrong. I however still believe the Boltor needs a higher base damage to fit the lore as a hard hitting weapon, while being slower than others.

It IS a hard hitting weapon--for MR2 or so.

Also, I believe the description is just that: a description of what it does visually. We all know there are better weapons, but the Boltor does have a certain presence in combat. It does good damage and throws targets around, hence hard hitting.

Visually it is very distinctive, much more so than the very similar Dera which has roughly equivalent performance, but without the bolt effects.

This is troll bait, BOLTOR prime is the most powerful automatic weapon in the games and makes up 485 of my 1824 cc. Try a catalyst, with some non noob mods. The standard boltor isn't far behind, considering the age of this weapon why would they try to fix that which isn't broken?

Heh, but its still not the most powerful rifle weapon in game.