The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Grinds Your Gears In The Warframe Community?

-Vane-

People who give flak to Rhino and Valkyr because they're broken. It really, really pisses me off. I literally have to get in game with these idiots and show them the different between an IS spamming-Boltor Prime toting idiot and a true team oriented player. The concept of using something you like and then being called tryhard scum is pathetic and really grinds my gears. I like Rhino and Valkyr because I love to tank and serve as a bulletsponge while the DPS mongers do their numbercrunching. 

Second thing I hate: "Pro builds". There's no such thing as pro in a PvE game. Sure, you have theorycrafting builds that could synergise for late-meta content, but no way in hell is that the only way to build weapons and frames. Which is why I absolutely abhor DPS and everything it stands for in this community. In the real world, on in this case, in the game world, skill outshine damage substantially. Give a skilled player a good set of weapons, and they'll tear the enemies a new cavity down south. 

How do some people even get through life on their own.

I was asking to join a t4 defense and the dude asked weapon/frame and i said excalibur.

He asked "prime?" and i said "no"

and then he ignored me.

I am so mad. Oh the dudes name was 'roronoa22'    pretty edgy right

People who name and shame

2# "Good" and "Bad" Weapons/Frames

There is no such thing!

This is a very asinine statement...

How do some people even get through life on their own.

I was asking to join a t4 defense and the dude asked weapon/frame and i said excalibur.

He asked "prime?" and i said "no"

and then he ignored me.

The ignoring was perhaps a bit harsh, but I can completely understanding not wanting the worst frame in the entire game in my T4 Defense when I'm looking for an extended stay to farm a particular item.

It's a bit ridiculous to expect to be accepted into a mission unconditionally, and even more ridiculous to play the victim card. 

Edited by JohnProdman

NO THE TIBERON(just a example) SUCK BALLS IT'S A BURSTS WITH ONLY 5% CRIT AND 1.5% STATUS!

i hate it when people trash a weapon like this, the tiberon is actually better than the boltor prime, boltor prime has 5% crit chance and 55 dmg

while the tiberon is 60 dmg with 5% crit chance but you multiply that buy 3 for each burst that equals 180 dmg and 15% for at least ONE of the bullets to crit

Edited by BoomToon43

The ignoring was perhaps a bit harsh, but I can completely understanding not wanting the worst frame in the entire game in my T4 Defense when I'm looking for an extended stay to farm a particular item.

It's a bit ridiculous to expect to be accepted into a mission unconditionally, and even more ridiculous to play the victim card. 

Worst frame in the game... inb4radialblind [it hasn't been nerfed yet remember]

Learn your frames before you throw stupid statements round.

^ People that claim that frames suck because they've never bothered to learn them.

Also, he wasn't not accepted because of the frame, BUT BECAUSE IT WASN'T A PRIME FRAME. Learn to read, too.

Edited by SolarDwagon

People who are trying to talk to you with voicechat or even textchat itself, who dont use english at first.
Dont get me wrong here. Im not saying, no one is allowed to use his/her motherlanguage... but if you are playing with strangers and want to talk to them. You should try english first.

That said. Indeed there are people who arent good in english.. But if i say 5 times, that i cant understand your russian, french, polish, etc. language, i wont be able to after the first time i told you i cant understand you.

Talking about playing in a 2 players game. If there are others who speak russian, etc. its fine by me. 

Also i hate players who are rushing through the mission like a headless chicken. 

People who arent go for those annoying cameras  at corpus tilesets.

People who arent able to set waypoints on things like a precious mod or ressource.

Overall i prefer playing solo because of all these things. 

Second thing I hate: "Pro builds". There's no such thing as pro in a PvE game. Sure, you have theorycrafting builds that could synergise for late-meta content, but no way in hell is that the only way to build weapons and frames.

That is very true! BUT do take into account that youtube pro builds people like calypso mogamu and agayguyplays, they don't force you to do it. If you don't think the builds are for you, then you can use yours.

Calypso always says in his videos that his builds are what he think are comfortable and fit for him. No one is forcing you to follow it. They come up with them to share and discuss. Also to inform newer player base to understand each gear's powers and know what to optimize and what not. I don't know why these 'pro builds' should grind your gears. Give them a break. They're trying to help people learn the game OR share their thoughts on builds.

Edited by GaiaNyix

That is very true! BUT do take into account that youtube pro builds people like calypso mogamu and agayguyplays, they don't force you to do it. If you don't think the builds are for you, then you can use yours.

Calypso always says in his videos that his builds are what he think are comfortable and fit for him. No one is forcing you to follow it. They come up with them to share and discuss. Also to inform newer player base to understand each gear's powers and know what to optimize and what not. I don't know why these 'pro builds' should grind your gears. Give them a break. They're trying to help people learn the game.

I think his point, although badly made, was more about the people who obsess with making everyone use those builds, or at least everyone they come in contact with. At least, that's what I'd hope, since I can understand being annoyed at that.

Calypso always says in his videos that his builds are what he think are comfortable and fit for him. No one is forcing you to follow it. They come up with them to share and discuss. Also to inform newer player base to understand each gear's powers and know what to optimize and what not. I don't know why these 'pro builds' should grind your gears. Give them a break. They're trying to help people learn the game OR share their thoughts on builds.

Much as I would love to agree with you, I was in a clan one of the people you mentioned (not naming for obvious reasons). He broke off all contact with me and kicked me from his clan because I disagreed with one of his builds.

I think his point, although badly made, was more about the people who obsess with making everyone use those builds, or at least everyone they come in contact with. At least, that's what I'd hope, since I can understand being annoyed at that.

Ah ok, there are those people too... But the fact that he mentioned specifically on - as he quotes - "Pro builds," I thought he was referring to the youtube pro builds.

Yeah there are some people who overly try to force people to play their style.

Much as I would love to agree with you, I was in a clan one of the people you mentioned (not naming for obvious reasons). He broke off all contact with me and kicked me from his clan because I disagreed with one of his builds.

Man, that's shocking to hear! I acknowledge there are people like that now :o

Yeah, that's what I meant. I apologize for my shoddy attempt at putting my thoughts across. I ended up typing that in a fit of rage after I had this idiot mock me for using my Tigris on a T4. Just as an aside: I doubled his kills and took 20% lesser damage than him.

I can't agree with you, even with the radial blind getting nerfed i think that Excalibur will still be able to provide good support to other units, at least in giant rooms such as those in void. I actually survived one hour of T4 Survival with Excalibur spamming Radial Blind, on T4 Excalibur is support and not DPS-monger ( not solo of course).

BTW If you have melee concentrated team mates and Excalibur it can turn out pretty easy.

Edited by NyancraftG

People. in general. this game has one of the worst, and most whining nitpicking communities ive ever had the displeasure of being in. warframe community is in my top 3 of worst communities ever.

lol try GW2, after that I love Warframe Community and that's why I dumped GW2. WHINING!!! TBH they are whining because there is nothing new happening in GW2 for last 1.5 years but that's another story ^^

People who don't (or won't) stay with the group. Goes for both rushers and laggers (not connectionwise, though).

Was in a pub mission the other day and got flack from a guy because "f-ing rushers". He was behind the other three of us. Generally speaking, I feel it's the job of the individual to make an effort to stick with the group. Goes for myself as well. If the group is rushing, you rush. If the group is just going through the mission at regular pace, you stay with them. If you cannot keep up with the group, say something. If they ignore you, THEN it's their fault.

I have little patience for people who refuse to state their preference when it becomes apparent the others are rushing, and would rather berate the rest of the team for their lack of telepathy.

I do admit to sometimes rushing ahead. As lame/elitist as it might sound, sometimes I genuinely cannot help myself, I'm just too good. I've played this game for a long time, I know the maps, and I know how to reach my objective as fast as possible. Very useful in those tater invasions. But if someone politely points it out to me when it happens, I'm happy to stop and stick close.

So I guess my real annoyance is with those who won't communicate and cooperate.

Well technically this doesn't fall under Modelers/Mappers. Maybe for the people who do the coding, but unsure about that.

I was referring to the people who say "stop adding content and just focus on fixing the bugs!"

Bugs need fixing, yes, but DE needs to add new content to keep people playing, and the people who are coding to fix the bugs are not the same ones modeling the new content or figuring out how said content will work. 

People discussing why various Syndicates are "Bad", and trying to shame you away from them.  Try to sell your favorite, sure, but trying to tell someone they're a horrible person for picking a side you don't like...

People feeling entitled to 'reparations' for some perceived 'ruining' of previous time spent in the game, especially when paired with ludicrous suggestions for awful exclusive items.

People who are sufficiently entitled twits as to try to somehow hold DE hostage by claiming they'll quit if DE doesn't make an update work the way they want.

(gee... I wonder why these are annoying me so much...)