Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So Im A Little Confused. How Is This Hard To Understand?

StellaPotato

i still see steady stream of complaints, some with good feedback- very very few-

and the rest with mindless drivel

about how hard the u14 Ui is to navigate.

ummm

no

its not hard, has never been hard, in fact its so insanely easy im wondering if were looking at the same thing?

I understood it all pretty much within minutes of first seeing it

its, rather easy to figure out.

people complain about it like it doesn't work right or something when, it totally does..

im just really confused whats so hard about this

and as for people asking for the old ui

1 never gonna happen,

dont chase pointless dreams. why do you battle for world peace while you at.

2 the old Ui was, boring, dull and horrible looking as well.

im just trying to wrap my head around how u14 and its UI is still hard to figure out,

its really really simple.

what am i missing in this?

I got used to it.

People don't like the new UI because it takes a lot more clicks and actions to do stuff that you could do with a single click in the old UI.

They decided to take visuals over functionality and efficiency.

Edited by Storchenbein

You're missing the fact that some computers and accounts are different and have different problems. Also, the old UI was very simple, and more efficient then the old one.

Not that I'm disagreeing with you. I like the new UI better because it makes warframe look like an actual game.

... did you join after U14 or before U14?

'Cause before U14, all of your functions were in a single main screen.  You can see this in the video I took, in the first few seconds of it.  You can access the arsenal, market, foundry, guild list, friendslist, inbox, keys, etc... all with a single click.  The pre-U14 UI took less clicks and time to get to them than U14 (literally, mathematically, less time and clicks), and you didn't have similar functions (like logging out versus existing the client) stuck into separate submenus.

People don't complain because U14 is unlivable or something... People complain because U14 was supposed to be a step forward, but it's actually worse as far as interaction goes due to multiple reasons (again, in regards to speed and visuals of accessing things).

With U14, it takes more time, clicks, and button presses to do ANYTHING, to access ANY menu.

EDIT: Fixed up some sentence structure.

Edited by Rydian

You're missing the fact that some computers and accounts are different and have different problems. Also, the old UI was very simple, and more efficient then the old one.

Not that I'm disagreeing with you. I like the new UI better because it makes warframe look like an actual game.

your font is very strange....

everyone says the old was more efficient, i disagree its about the same  to me.

in fact the only time its not efficient is when someone takes 8 years to do something because their lost,

as if this is hard to navigate,

pretty simple.

your font is very strange....

everyone says the old was more efficient, i disagree its about the same  to me.

in fact the only time its not efficient is when someone takes 8 years to do something because their lost,

as if this is hard to navigate,

pretty simple.

I'm a robot.

It took three clicks to play a mission in the old UI. Two if you were doing an alert, because they were nicely lined up for you. With the new one, it takes around one key press, be it esc or enter, plus three clicks.

Buuuut, you're right when you say some people have been blowing it way out of proportion.

Edited by Snydrex

Meta complaints don't help. 

the fact that people use the term meta now is infuriating, its really, frankly silly as hell and pointless

meta complaints, meta this, meta that,

its kinda dumb and rather redundant as well.

to each his own i suppose.

to me its as annoying as when people say LOL instead of laughing.

also  

1 this isn't a complaint and more of just an out spoken questions born from confusion, honest confusion at how this is hard for anyone.

and 2, informing me that meta complaints dont help is defeating the purpose of the whole, add meta to everything trend,

what you just did was.. meta in was way " god i hate that" 

its watever,

"shrug"

i just really hate this trend

in general the new UI is not to bad, but certain things are massive downgrades (to me).

I can live with the rather inefficient esc-menu, not having a 'normal' access to inventory and stuff like that, but the 'planet bead necklace' just pisses me off time and time again, and that includes it's subsystem, the mission selection.

I liked the previous configuration way more, not just because the missions were lined up in an actual chart, but because it's functionality was 3x greater.

- You could easily 'swipe' between planets (now you have to go back, figure out where the hell you were, and where the hell you wanted to go and try again)

- You could easily grasp which missions you had to go if you wanted to get to planet X or Z (now it's pretty much 'let's go hunt the boss and hope we end up where I have to be' or a forced read-up on an external website.)

- The planet itself didn't OBSCURE a bit less than half of the missions (you can click through the planet, but you can't see through it, that's a big difference)

the fact that people use the term meta now is infuriating, its really, frankly silly as hell and pointless

I can relate to that. I'm a Grammar Nazi, so I'm constantly annoyed by people that never say why something is! It's like metaception!

Edited by Snydrex

I'm a robot.

It took three clicks to play a mission in the old UI. Two if you were doing an alert, because they were nicely lined up for you. With the new one, it takes around one key press, be it esc or enter, plus three clicks.

Buuuut, you're right when you say some people have been blowing it way out of proportion.

To be fair, those issues are slowly being cleared up. It's significantly better now, compared to when it first came out. And considering our fingers are already on the keyboard an extra button press isn't exactly the end of the world.

Edit: and people are definitely looking at the old UI through rose-tinted glasses. There were a lot of things that sucked there too.

Edited by vaugahn

Meta is a Greek prefix that indicates abstraction of a concept. Metadata are data about data, metacomplaints are complaints about complaints. So it is used correctly here.

The new ui looks better, sure and it works ok. But the old ui was way simpler, required alot of less clicks, you were faster when you wanted to to the arsenal and so on. And most important the old starchart was way better (the new one just looks coold but is way way worse).

also  

1 this isn't a complaint and more of just an out spoken questions born from confusion, honest confusion at how this is hard for anyone.

and 2, informing me that meta complaints dont help is defeating the purpose of the whole, add meta to everything trend,

what you just did was.. meta in was way " god i hate that" 

its watever,

"shrug"

i just really hate this trend

I don't see anything wrong with using the word "Meta" it is applicable as a term to this situation. You are complaining about other people complaining and it really doesn't help in anyway.

I'm a designer and I see easily how the new UI complicated things.

And the community even though simple players can notice how it as changed and as much it loosed some of the ease of use.

Some of the thing that were possible to do with the old UI were very helpfull and navigation had more flow and speed.

Not saying all changes are bad, much much was improved, but in the same measure allot was lost.

(plus all the recent bugs and problems are creating allot of frustration)

In general, we have lost function in favor of looks.

You stating its not that bad or good, is simple being fake, or you are lying to urself, cause its pretty easy to see how some features have turned bad.

This post is a lie or simply a ridiculous attempt to pretend to be a good guy and defend DE.

But yes, those who ask for the old Ui back are fooling themselves.

Edited by 7grims

Meta is a Greek prefix that indicates abstraction of a concept. Metadata are data about data, metacomplaints are complaints about complaints. So it is used correctly here.

the fact you know this is impressive, i assure you most people who say meta, don't know this, you can tell in the way they use it,

notice i never said he was using it wrong or right.

I hate the trend itself.

whether its used right or wrong is whole different topic to me

though it stems from people clearly not knowing what meta is. with the context they use it in alot.

im more yelling at another pointless trend that's is gonna be splurged all over the internet and become another pop culture slat and pepper

meaning its used freaking everywhere, like when band has great song, that's ruined because its played everywhere,

this is why i hate it,

im, not fan of trends for the sake of trends which is what the meta trend is.

I'm a designer and I see easily how the new UI complicated things.

And the community even though simple players can notice how it as changed and as much it loosed some of the ease of use.

Some of the thing that were possible to do with the old UI were very helpfull and navigation had more flow and speed.

Not saying all changes are bad, much much was improved, but in the same measure allot was lost.

(plus all the recent bugs and problems are creating allot of frustration)

In general, we have lost function in favor of looks.

You stating its not that bad or good, is simple being fake, or you are lying to urself, cause its pretty easy to see how some features have turned bad.

This post is a lie or simply a ridiculous attempt to pretend to be a good guy and defend DE.

But yes, those who ask for the old Ui back are fooling themselves.

I love people like you, who just assume because you have some skill in an area that if i have an opinion and it doesn't match yours im a fake...

that's such a pretentious way of viewing the world

get over yourself..

oooh your designer.. guess what, big freaking deal,

every human ever that existed or will is designer to some degree, its what we do

were humans, we make things and not everyone finds pleasure in the same design style, interface, colors, sound, and on and on,

simply because your designer does not, nor will it ever give you the right to state someones opinion is fake because its not on par with what you "DESIGNER OPINION IS"

that's very rude and childish of you.

maybe take an extra minuet to think and understand in terms of what people like as design

for all the aspects it contains, no ones word is law here,

your talking about a very opinionated and taste/ preference driven area

why don't you tell me i cant like this painting because it has red in it next and if i do like it,

im a fake

that sounds dumb as hell

it was very rude of you and childish.

take second next time to expand you thinking to different level there

and consider that humans are opinionated animals

and we all enjoy different things

im merely confused at how this UI is hard to navigate.

that's the point of my OP

im just confused, i don't see how it can be hard to navigate

its merely an thought spoken aloud on the offchance i might have someone provide some useful information im simply not seeing.

and lastly know whats fake?

you, someone who opens with im designer and then goes on to to tell my opinion is wrong and im fake

Kindly grow up.

Enjoy your day.

also, I am good guy, though we could get into how good and bad are subjective terms that are personal and not global as they don't actually exist but that's another topic, another day.