Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So Im A Little Confused. How Is This Hard To Understand?

StellaPotato

While I agree the new UI certainly downgraded in terms of efficiency, I do believe that it was upgraded in accessibility. I remember starting the game last year and being utterly confused as to how I was supposed to navigate the UI properly, but with the new changes all the functions have a more concrete presence that makes it easier for new players to adapt to these new systems and integrate them into regular play. Right now the only function I miss from the old UI is the click and drag to switch planets thing from the old solar map.

The old UI was, IMO, better.

Few clicks and such.

More reliable information while keeping track of alerts (info about faction, rank, location) and about the arsenal and stuff. You were able to change your equipment easily while the countdown was running.

Now, you have a fancy new looking modern-ish style at your ship. Can run from one to the other side, visiting your kubrow, annoying sounds at the foundry while active building, radio stream from grineer jerko which repeats the whole line of Visa stuff.

There should be an option alike anything else ... useless ones. Always "Weapon-FX Trail", alike that one, for changing our UI / Main Menu stuff.

And about the newbies at our game, none day passes where a new gamer won't ask for "how do I progress in this game? What I have to do? How can I unlock next planet?!", where the old UI was revealing it - if you finish up this node, you will continue further within the line to the next planet. Hell, that was simple to understand.

Edited by Pacheon

The people that prefer simplicity are the same people that prefer an iPhone over a Samsung Galaxy because Samsungs require too many "clicks."

I have lost count how often I've linked this TED talk by now. Either way, counter goes up again:

David Pogue: Simplicity Sells

Disclosure: I am no fan of Apple, but I am a fan of simplicity. And DE definitely needs a tap counter ...

I love how the more threads are posted about a single subject, the more quickly discussion turns septic, proportionally.

If you don't have anything to add constructively, don't waste people's time. That includes writing long-winded responses to "childish" people, SlenderSamaSenpai. For your word-count, there was 0 substance to your rant.

@GottaGoFast, I'm not sure your comparison is applicable here. The Galaxy's additional 'clicks' is to add further functionality; the new UI actually removes functionality. For example, selecting a mission node: pre-new UI, all the nodes were clearly visible, readable, and selectable. Post-new UI, some nodes are hidden behind the planet, and thus not selectable, and anything not in the bottom-most 25% is sideways or upside-down, which many people have problems with, and is frankly more work than some players want to do just to start playing a game.

Furthermore, the old node system clearly displayed the route to unlock new planets, how to unlock new nodes, as well as allowed you to slide from planet to planet. The new UI is muddy and less defined, despite looking better, and many early players are confused how to progress, short of 'clear every node'.

To declare a system is better simply because you personally like it better is a huge fallacy. Society's proven time and again that just because something's popular, doesn't mean it works.

Could I be bothered to, I could find the multiple existing threads on this subject, and show that all the players against the new UI bring lists and proofs and reasonable arguments for their position, where the players for the new UI reflexively use the argument, "well I like it better and DE won't change it so there".

The old UI was, IMO, better.

Few clicks and such.

More reliable information while keeping track of alerts (info about faction, rank, location) and about the arsenal and stuff. You were able to change your equipment easily while the countdown was running.

Now, you have a fancy new looking modern-ish style at your ship. Can run from one to the other side, visiting your kubrow, annoying sounds at the foundry while active building, radio stream from grineer jerko which repeats the whole line of Visa stuff.

There should be an option alike anything else ... useless ones. Always "Weapon-FX Trail", alike that one, for changing our UI / Main Menu stuff.

And about the newbies at our game, none day passes where a new gamer won't ask for "how do I progress in this game? What I have to do? How can I unlock next planet?!", where the old UI was revealing it - if you finish up this node, you will continue further within the line to the next planet. Hell, that was simple to understand.

THey are always chenging and improving the UI, they even said that U15 was going to have many fixes and changes for the new UI

THey are always chenging and improving the UI, they even said that U15 was going to have many fixes and changes for the new UI

I am not believing these changes, before I saw and tested them. Same was going for the current UI, I got used to it, but I still don't like it. And in term of the changement, e.g. Mod UI Panel with Mod-Layout and Mod-Card-Design got way worse than it was before, which wasn't even that bad.

the best thing about this ui is how we can see the kubrows :)

You was able to see your sentinel before, so you could have seen your kubrow as well, no matter of new or old UI :P

-snip-

Yes I'm a designer whoop di do. It's only my daily job to understand and predict how ppl will read and use interfaces and other stuff alike.

But yah, ignore that, because everyone knows the perfect way to judge a good or bad interface design is by its users.

Hence, the interface haves many problems, many complain. If it's good, ppl use it and enjoy it, the interface becomes invisible and unimportant, because the user is doing his work/use of the program without clashing into function problems.

Yes I'm a designer whoop di do. It's only my daily job to understand and predict how ppl will read and use interfaces and other stuff alike.

But yah, ignore that, because everyone knows the perfect way to judge a good or bad interface design is by its users.

Hence, the interface haves many problems, many complain. If it's good, ppl use it and enjoy it, the interface becomes invisible and unimportant, because the user is doing his work/use of the program without clashing into function problems.

Yeeeaaahhh, your previous statement really didn't warrant that wall of rage he spat out afterward. I mean, seriously, what the hell?

I love how the more threads are posted about a single subject, the more quickly discussion turns septic, proportionally.

If you don't have anything to add constructively, don't waste people's time. That includes writing long-winded responses to "childish" people, SlenderSamaSenpai. For your word-count, there was 0 substance to your rant.

@GottaGoFast, I'm not sure your comparison is applicable here. The Galaxy's additional 'clicks' is to add further functionality; the new UI actually removes functionality. For example, selecting a mission node: pre-new UI, all the nodes were clearly visible, readable, and selectable. Post-new UI, some nodes are hidden behind the planet, and thus not selectable, and anything not in the bottom-most 25% is sideways or upside-down, which many people have problems with, and is frankly more work than some players want to do just to start playing a game.

Furthermore, the old node system clearly displayed the route to unlock new planets, how to unlock new nodes, as well as allowed you to slide from planet to planet. The new UI is muddy and less defined, despite looking better, and many early players are confused how to progress, short of 'clear every node'.

To declare a system is better simply because you personally like it better is a huge fallacy. Society's proven time and again that just because something's popular, doesn't mean it works.

Could I be bothered to, I could find the multiple existing threads on this subject, and show that all the players against the new UI bring lists and proofs and reasonable arguments for their position, where the players for the new UI reflexively use the argument, "well I like it better and DE won't change it so there".

my long winded rant as you say, had nothing but substance, its not my fault if you cant see it. im not here to hold your hand and guide you

either you understand the very clear point i made, and very fair point in terms of how he responded to me.

maybe you let people slide. i don't., if your gonna be an &#!, im not gonna let you slide,

I don't ever let people slide,

you don't wanna have me make you look like an arrogant prick,

simple solution, don't be one

you get what you deserve from me

so yes it had plenty of substance,

he deserved every word,

its response was obnoxious and childish and i have the right to reply how i see fit.

its frankly, not surprising your response to me,

its amazing how just full of hey lets people talk S#&$ all day and the come after the people who stand up top defend themselves in very educated and polite manner

all in all i was rather nice in my long winded rant

yet i receiver flak for it?

I wonder do you live the real world at all?

its frankly childish on your end,

did you even read his comment that gave birth to my long winded reply.

i would like to assume you didn't, but i know better, i know people, and i know how much of pile of murk this community is.

lets rewind this back

I state a question, hoping someone can maybe enlighten me with a viewpoint i haven't thought of, im not perfect and i honestly cant see how this si still hard to navigate,

it ends up with people like you and the other guy with your obnoxious childish, comments

you resort to insulting me and challenging me right off the bat.

its just mindbogglingly that people do that and think their in the right.

your not.

you couldn't be more wrong

its rude

i wonder how often people let you get away with being so rude in real life

or your just forum tough guy.

I  would reply the same to your face.

i don't tolerate people being rude or arrogant,

why you may ask?

easy i don't have too.

just because other people may let it slide

well that's their choice,

if your rude to me

or arrogant i will put you in your place and point it out to you

is it gonna make a difference,

no you are who you are, as am I.

your gonna say this has zero substance,

it has nothing but substance building off the long winded reply you insulted as if i just spewed empty words.

Im beginning to think your heads empty of any actual though process.

notice  i also don't fit into any of these categories your naming and your comments leaves one impression

that you surf the forums simply to make this obnoxious comment

do you feel good about your self

grow up.

you and the other guy,

really need to work on extrapolating your thinking process.

take it further and not be so obnoxious about your thoughts and opinions, im not

i simply was curious how for at this point the U14 ui being out so long its still being found confusing.

that is very fair question.

and i do prefer the new Ui over the old,

it fits the game better,

I personal enjoy the feel of interacting with it and it brings out the game more

the old Ui was very stale

were either perfect?

no

nothing is

nice of you to join the im going to assume a bunch of things about you and try to make myself look big club

its frankly disgusting.

and im growing tired of you people

i wish you would all grow up and understand humans are opinionated animals we all have varied tastes

and  our reasons,

nothing is absolute and you cant simply go around and be so arrogant and think your way is the only way

i recommend you grow up

life will eat you alive and one day you will get what you deserve for such narrow minded view.

were done here.

i choose not to waste my time any further on people like you and the first arrogant chump that replied

that's what you are. chumps.

don't like it? stop being one and i wont call it like it is.