Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Upgrade!

Ibro156

Question

11 answers to this question

I'll upgrade. Ill just snatch W8 CD from my bro :P

W8 sucks..seriously, it sucks W7 is better and W10 looks promising, W8 just sucks..

Anywho, I recommend you either go for full i7 if you can if not then the FX 8350 is affordable and quite future proof. Of course you will likely need new ram, new mobo, new PSU and new GPU, start with PSU, Mobo and CPU then move to RAM and GPU then any extras like SSD if you really can't wait 20 seconds more for the boot ;)

W8 sucks..seriously, it sucks W7 is better and W10 looks promising, W8 just sucks..

Honestly... no it doesn't. You get used to it after using it, and it's so much faster than W7. Its under the hood improvements are too great for a gamer to be so picky about the UI changes. Just download a third party start screen if it's that big of an issue for you. 

If you are a smart gamer, you're going to upgrade to W8.

Honestly... no it doesn't. You get used to it after using it, and it's so much faster than W7. Its under the hood improvements are too great for a gamer to be so picky about the UI changes. Just download a third party start screen if it's that big of an issue for you. 

I have used it on my personal PC, family PC and professional. The UI got so annoying it is unbelievable..I understand all of its improvements in RAM usage and other parts but for me it really isn't a big enough improvement to make me say yeah I will upgrade and suffer through this painful UI..

Shouldn't have to rely on third party software to be able to fluidly use the OS, hence why I am hoping across the board improvements with W10, DX12 too which is said to be 60% better than DX11, if I recall correctly W8 uses DX11.1-.2 or something like that, anywho they couldn't even be bothered to rework it and now they dropped the ball on W8, wasn't there meant to be an 8.2 major update? I know some people will defend it to the death, but to each their own...

I'd put W8 (temporarily-I will repeat myself here-until W10 is out) only on weak machines/laptops, simply due to how it is structured, but never on my main PC. Too many clicks and I also hate the metro design, I'm not a retard I can press buttons smaller than 600x600. My main griefs with the Windows phone too >.>

Actually it kind of does. So far it has been the only recent platform with serious compatibility issues with various software and games. Never a problem in Windows 7. I peruse quite a few gaming forums, and the only issues Windows 7 users have are GPU related and easily fixed. Windows 8 is just a whole ball of sidesteps and workarounds.