Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Using The Direction Pad (D-Pad) To Cast The Four Warframe Abilities

(XBOX)Creamsykle

Due to the restraints of pushing left and right to switch between the four warframe abilities, I find myself unable to switch between them efficiently and cast quickly. Leaving me to choose just one or two of the abilities for each frame and basically tossing the other two abilities into the trash can.

I would like to see a controller option that would use the 4 directions on the d-pad to cast each spell. this would put so many of the warframes abilities back into play, and turn a frame like Trinity into something more useful then she currently is on the xbox. I have played her on the pc, and a Trinity that can cast effectively is one of the most important frames to have on 60 minute runs.

I think the inability to quickly and efficiently cast abilities is one of the main reasons you see Rhino's everywhere, they can just skin, then spam stomp. How often do you see a Rhino toss a roar up? 

- "Life can only be understood backwardsbut it must be lived forwards"

I think the inability to quickly and efficiently cast abilities is one of the main reasons you see Rhino's everywhere, they can just skin, then spam stomp. How often do you see a Rhino toss a roar up? 

Actually this is more than just XB1 specific, it is everywhere.

The issue with the abilities is the lack of buttons on the XB1 controller. PS4 has the touchpad that easily solved that problem. Were you to unmap the down directional button, you would lose your equipment inventory. 

However, that should be up to the player. 

I'll forward this link as an inquiry to see if anything along these sort of lines is a possiblity.

• 5 weeks later...

I love the concept that each direction could activate an ability right.  Like up does ability 1, down does ability 2, left right ability 3 and 4 etc.  You then have an issue where to put the waypoint, and the consumable menus.  

Perhaps you could do something like this. hold RB+right joystick direction would activate an ability.  So up maps to 1, down to 2, left to 3, right to 4 ro whatever makes sense. 

Or see if there is a way to move those other two lesser used functions off of the D pad, and just have the D pad map directly to ability activation.