Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Elemental Mods?

Program538

Question

I seem to be having trouble understanding elemental mods... I'm not quite sure how it all really works.... I've tried experimenting with mods that do like +x% extra ______ damage and they don't seem to do anything? Do you need a weapon that initially has elemental damage for those to work? I'm really confused... 

4 answers to this question

I believe the way elemental mods work is they add a certain % of the weapons damage in the form on an element; fire, frost, toxin, ect. The effectiveness of the element can depend heavily on what type of enemy you are fighting. Fire is good agains fles (infested), frost (corpus), ect. The wiki will be able to explain better and more in depth than I can.

im gonna tell the dumbed up version

ok then base damage is what elements are based on

higher the base damage of a weapon the higher the effects of the elements

base damage = puncture base +slash base+impact base+elemental base (some weapons dont have every component for base dmg so substitute a zero in )

so if a weapon has 50 base dmg

adding a maxed hellfire (90% fire dmg mod)

would give you 90% of 50 fire dmg

comprendre

I seem to be having trouble understanding elemental mods... I'm not quite sure how it all really works.... I've tried experimenting with mods that do like +x% extra ______ damage and they don't seem to do anything? Do you need a weapon that initially has elemental damage for those to work? I'm really confused... 

they add a % of the damage total.  So if you have a gun with 20 impact, 20 slash, and 20 puncture, and a +50% electric damage mod, it adds (.5 * (20+20+20)) which is +30 electrical damage.    The math here is all approximate, it is used to give you a sense of what is happening, not *exactly* what is happening (you can look all that up if you want details). 

That much should be visible on your weapon sheet in the ship; as soon as you add the mod it should list that the weapon now has X more damage of Y type.

However, type of damage matters.  If for example you use toxic on robots --- well robots are very resistant to toxin so your +30 becomes like +7 or something and basically does not improve your damage "much".   

But if you use a type that the enemy is vulnerable to, the reverse is true.   That +30 can become + 50 against an enemy with a 75% weakness to it.   

Combine these concepts with the images linked and you should be good to go.