Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How About Enablinga Trial Period For Clans?

DEATHSCYTHE38

I understand that clans are for people to join and be part of a group but  how about adding a grace period(1,2 or 3 months) for people joining a clan.  This way they don't just join and buy research that has already been done and leave. Because of this I will not do any recruiting, if you join a clan you should stay(not get the research and leave). What are your thoughts on this matter?

Well as a newly promoted Clan leader. I would like to say the following:

- Set the permission beforehand. Until they are involved they cannot host. This means they don't just come in, do what they want

- Filter your applicants, we do so because we only want quality players. Use the forums to see who is willing to take the time and think seriously about joining.

- If a player leaves don't take it badly, I get unfriended pretty often in game, mostly because of what I say/do on the forums, but thankfully I don't care.

- Also try not to recruit via the Recruiting chat. Why? It's basically just a reason to find the lowest of scrubs who won't be bothered to actually get themselves involved in your clan. You can direct them to your recruitment thread from the chat, but you definitely should not direct recruit unless you're just starting out, or you don't mind people just coming in.

Trial periods like what you've suggested are too harsh. The max penalty will be no joining for 24 hours, like in most games. 1 - 3 months is way harsh.

Pretty sure you can set permissions on clan ranks to be able to access research and the like?

Only to queue research. Anyone can buy the already researched BPs.

And personally I think it's fine the way it is. Putting shackles on players is not nice, everyone should be able to come and go as they please.

Remind me if I am wrong, but you don't actually lose resources or anything when they copy some of your research right? So then, what is the issue?

That said, a 7 day grace period might be fine, it is not a huge amount of time if you want to be in a clan.

then they didnt want to know the people in it. My clan totals 1300 members now, people who want just research come all the time, doesnt affect my numbers since i know how to recruit

Calling BS here, moon clan is the biggest clan you can have and it maxes out at 1000

Okay I agree 1 to 3 months is to long maybe a 7 to 14 grace period would be better.

24 hours dude. That's an MMO standard.

7 to 14 is still extremely long. At most they'll be denied 24 hours.

However, a cumulative penalty would be fine to stop clan jumpers (as opposed to a long penalty on each jump). Example:

1st time leaver - 24 hours.

If they leave within 7 days. Period extended to 7 days before joining. This is the 2nd round penalty.

Next they must stay for 14 days, otherwise period extended to 14.

And it is capped at 14.

That would be alright.

Edited by Semshol