Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Infinte Scaling Doesnt Work

(PSN)Veg1ta

Warframe took alot of inspiration from mass effect 3, but difficulty level and enemy diversity wasnt one of them, take the banshee and phantoms for example from mass effect 3, not exactly your bullet sponge enemy posing unique threats even to the most experienced player.  Warframe needs better enemy diversity and less cannon fodder.

Edited by (PS4)Veg1ta

Yes. Also if you think its bad it gets worse. Scaling is the only thing holding the current enemy ranks together. Instead of having enemies scale to match a given level of gameplay per mission or per planet, and indeed without creating a semi-linear system for increasing your own damage as you progress through the game, Warframe relies on a really bad scaling algorithm.

It leaves you with both little variation and lack of challenge not based purely on damage output.

The more I look at it in graphs and through playing the more I begin to feel its a little lazy. But it seems like that is the design direction warframe is going to stay on.

The way the game is now, prime every enemy on map spray n pray till i cant kill them anymore. If 1 phantom came across the galaxy and sneaked into a t4 def wave 1, immediately its immune to powers untill she loses her shield then can 1 blade kill any tenno with no revive, omg a skill based challenge from wave 1. Am disillusioned with warframe now.

Edited by (PS4)Veg1ta

Where getting quite a few new mobs soon with some interesting mechanics.

Hopefully this lessens the problem.

I'm sorry I must have missed out on something, I didn't hear anything about this is recent streams other than enemies for archwing and a new infested boss.

Also there's another issue. AI. Enemies don't work together effectively or react in a manner that is conducive the gameplay elements the player is given. Like melee.

I'm sorry I must have missed out on something, I didn't hear anything about this is recent streams other than enemies for archwing and a new infested boss.

Also there's another issue. AI. Enemies don't work together effectively or react in a manner that is conducive the gameplay elements the player is given. Like melee.

Sorry, I should have said soon.

But there are a a few new enemies coming from the enemy design comp a while back.

There are a bunch of new infested on the way including infested MOA's, Juggernaut, a few cool ancients (one that rips its chest open and spawns little parasite guys), Riot MOA for corpus and I can't remember the Grineer one.

But yep, we have new stuff coming.

Edited by StinkyPygmy

Sorry, I should have said soon.

But there are a a few new enemies coming from the enemy design comp a while back.

There are a bunch of new infested on the way including infested MOA's, Juggernaut, a few cool ancients (one that rips its chest open and spawns little parasite guys), Riot MOA for corpus and I can't remember the Grineer one.

But yep, we have new stuff coming.

New enemy are good in all but it doesnt change the fact at high level play, you know where vets get there only challenge from this game will just prime the whole map or use whatever other cc abilities they have and make them all cannon fodder like the rest.

New enemy are good in all but it doesnt change the fact at high level play, you know where vets get there only challenge from this game will just prime the whole map or use whatever other cc abilities they have and make them all cannon fodder like the rest.

Thats partially a problem with game mechanics and how easy corrupted mods can be abused. Which is really a whole separate issue from the problem with enemy diversity and mechanics.

The easy way to avoid th cannon fodder issue (well, kind of) is just to not spam M.prime etc.

Also, I'm not sure how all of these enemies will work but I have a reason to believe some will be tanky (Riot MOA, Juggernaut) and possibly immune some to abilities or require certain condition to be fulfilled. 

Thats partially a problem with game mechanics and how easy corrupted mods can be abused. Which is really a whole separate issue from the problem with enemy diversity and mechanics.

The easy way to avoid th cannon fodder issue (well, kind of) is just to not spam M.prime etc.

If you're counting on players to not use everything at their disposal to win, ya dun goofed. DE really opened a can of worms with the corrupted mods.

If you're counting on players to not use everything at their disposal to win, ya dun goofed. DE really opened a can of worms with the corrupted mods.

Theres a difference between using the tools at you disposal and abusing them though.

I agree though, corrupted mods are painfully unbalanced.