Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Who Would Be Your Melee Frame?

izzatuw

Well, the title explains what this thread's about. So who would be your go to melee frame?

Although most people would use Valkyr or Volt for higher DPS, I like using a Trinity. She can keep your health and energy up for you and your teammates. She can also make enemies inflict procs to other enemies invading the proc comepletely sending it to someone else.

Some people might not believe me but I use a lot ember for melee. I get my orthos prime with fire damage and I can survive until 40 level enemies.

I spawn accelerant in every enemy group, but if I don't I die by the simplest enemy. I use life strike to heal my self and world on fire if is too much enemies.

Mirage is good too for melee, but I haven't used her yet on high leveled missions.

Ash is my favourite melee frame, since he synergises well with Berserker, and doesn't really have any limitations when it comes to the weapons he can use. Teleport is also an excellent tool for keeping your combo going, jumping between groups of enemies and such.

Right now its kind of a toss up between Valkyr and Oberon. Valkyrs a little more effective at it but Oberon has more group synergy. Im kind of playing with the idea of turning saryn into a melee frame though. I need to do something with her and I think a melee saryn would be interesting with Contagion and molt. Miasma would also be useful with destroying groups. Then theres venom which, I used to think was alright with a good shotgun but now feel is pointless since my shotguns tend to 1 shot anything anyway. Why waste that 25 energy on casting venom and then shooting something only to kill it when I can just shoot it and kill it?

Anyway, melee Saryn. Yeah that could be interesting especially with other toxic weapons like the dual ichors or karyst

As was mentioned before, Ash is amazing if you know how to use Smokescreen and Teleport well. Smokescreen has a very nice radial stumble effect, and Teleport allows you to pull off counterattacks/sneak attacks on the enemy you teleport to (which is very useful against heavies). Ash also has a very nice base health, allowing him to reach highest health levels available to any frame (tied with Saryn and Zephyr), which is very useful if you throw a Life Strike on your melee.

I built my Ash for efficiency (who need duration?), and I use smokescreen for its stumble primarily (though those two seconds of invisibility I still have are rather nice), and often solo T4s with melee only.

for me its ash.

manual teleporting is like hurling yourself to the enemy. the hitting them with a finisher (THANK LOTUS FOR THIS BUFF)

your basically a bullet. your whole body.

also his health and shields and armor. invisibility and emergency bladestorms.

Edited by Ritchel

I use a lot of frames for melee (I actually rarely ever carry primary weapons).

Nyx - Chaos makes meleeing easy as most of them will be busy with other stuff
Loki - Stealth damage, self explanatory
Valkyr - Can do instant finishers after the shout...the ult is a nice clutch ability
Saryn - Underwhelming in many areas...but she's super tanky, got a melee boost and an effect cleanse/aggro delete