Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Who Would Be Your Melee Frame?

izzatuw

Melee Frame? Hmm... EVERYBODY WINS! :D

I'm a certified maniac (graceful one at least), so the only thing that makes a difference during melee is the weapon.

Sure, squishy frames are trickier to keep alive and some have melee benefits, but it's not that difficult once you figure out how to work around weaknesses and use the rest to your advantage. One thing that bothers me is how easy it is to burn through stamina, especially during blocking.

Valkyr. Her stats and abilities let you swing your melee weapon at the speed of sound, stun enemies for a free crit and invul period, and zip around the map like freaking spiderman. She also comes with a few bonuses, such as a wrenching backstory that makes me wish I could give her a hug, complete and utter adorableness with the Bastet helm, and yes...

that @$$.

Volt for the longest time for me since he can dish out allot of damage with the speed increase, however even though I don't play Valkyr id say she's probably the best suited for this right next too Ash. Now days its Ash for his abilities and his coolness with the Dragon Nikana.

In order of preference, though subject to mood.

Trinity, because Trinity.

Banshee, because Silence.

Nyx, because Chaos.

Frost, because Snow Globe.

Loki, because duh.

Vauban, because Vortex.

Zephyr, because Turbulence.

Valkyr, because duh.

Loki for straight up can't-touch-this melee with a combination of Invisibility and Decoy.

Ash for in-your-face melee with Teleport, Smokescreen, and Bladestorm

Oberon for the invincible camping zone that is Hallowed Ground

Volt for gotta-go-fast purposes

Special mention: Excalibur for those He-Man moments.

I only use certain weapons on certain frames. 

Excalibur / Ash / Nyx + sword(s) 

Zephyr + orthos prime = dragoon (close enough)

Oberon + galatine / silva and aegis

Nekros + ether reaper

Rhino + kokage

Valkyr + lecta, glaive

Mag + miter + attica

Nova + bo / gram

Etc.

Just depends on what I'm in the mood for.  I end up using excal the most. 

Edited by SleepingSentry

Well, there are a few very suitable candidates:

(this is NOT a ranking of frame)

1. Rhino, Iron skin will help with coming in the middle of the group since you won't get any knockdowns and you are visible to the enemy to go for you. This warframe is perfect for Spin-2-Win.

2. Loki, The massive damage boost while invisible is fantastic for high damage weapons (dakra/ScindoCW/D.Nikana)

The thing with loki, though, is that you need to chase your target a lot. When you are invisible they all will run to some place and scatter around most of the time (personal experience) But for bosses, probably the best.

3. Ash, This one is my least favorite though. It has stealth, a nice ult but the stealth is basically a weaker version of loki's.

No, as far as I know, damage boost while invisible. My personal best attribute of Ash is his running speed, very fast, perfect to chase individuals.

4. Valkyr, if you like the combo's and short range of Valkyr's ulti, then this is probably the best for ya. increased damage and invulnerability, who doesn't like that? Me? I can't stand the combo's... It's like running with ankyros, no range!

Edited by DLGrave

Rhino, because my special build works best with Rhino.

Need to keep that Shield coated with Iron Skin so I can use it all as stamina (Shield Flux).

The shield needs to be up long enough due to the cooldown of Sentinel's Guardian skill.

Result: