Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hysteria Weapons

perfectStranger

Question

So after a while trying to understand which weapon is better, reading here and there, discerning between who says Ichors, who says Dragon Nikana and who says Atterax i had to fianlly made my mind alone and thus i made a spreadsheet from the table in weapon comparrison in the wiki.

Then i calculated the modded damage of the weapons, of course counting only those allowed by Hysteria (2nd sheet), and finally calculated the average dps for each weapon (3rd sheet)... and finally made a sorted chart in the 4th sheet.

So the result is in the spreadsheet.

If you find some errors in the data or in the formulas just go ahead and correct me :)

https://docs.zoho.com/sheet/published.do?rid=x0e2a0e0a3f597f6f4bb5bfc90f19e5b7e189

UPDATES:
6/11/2014

- Updated with heavy melee weapons changes

- Added manticore skin 15% bonus damage as multiplicative on Scindos: it increases the base damage then mods increase the updated base damge, thus multiplicatively. This might be wrong.

FORMULAS:
- Hysteria base dmg = 300 + modded dmg * Hyst dmg mult

- Modded dmg = base dmg * (1 + 1.2(Pressure Point) + 1(Spoiled Strike) + 0.6(Steel Charge)) 

- hysteria DPS =

Hysteria base dmg * HysteriaNonCrit%

+ Hysteria base dmg * HysteriaNormalCrit% * ModCritMult

+ Hysteria base dmg * HysteriaDoubleCrit%* ModCritMult * 2

NOTES:
- I applied speed malus from Spoiled Strikes in a worst case scenario, even if the wiji says the speed mods won't affect hysteria attack speed, anyway even if the real damage per second could be higher beacuse of thi the chart will not change, being speed a multiplicative factor.
- I don't know how to define columns yet to make it more readable :P

EDIT:
- I corrected Attack Speed (AS) being costant (1.0) for hysteria attacks, and thus removed it from the final DPS formula

- made a 4th sheet with dps chart sorted

- corrected the formula for Hysteria base dmg, moving the base 300 dmg added out of the multiplicative factor from hys base strengh multiplier (1.75)

- added strenght mod bonus, default at 0

- added 2 sheets for DPS @ 129% Power strenght (Intensify+Blind Rage)

- finally succeded in publishing as editable :P

REFERENCES:

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Hysteria_%28Weapon%29

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Weapon_Comparison

Edited by perfectStranger

the damage done in hysteria is modified by power strength. your calculation doesn't reflect that

no, i assumed no power strenght mod.

What would be the default then? 30 (intensify)? 99 (Blind Rage)? 129 (Intensify+BL)? 57 (Intensify+BRr2->efficiency cap reachable)?

But it i left it modificable, so anybody can download a copy and change that value, 3rd sheet, C2

PS: thx for pointing out that, i went to re-edit the sheet for decoupling the base hyst mult factor from the default strenght factor and found a mistake in the formula, corrected now

no, i assumed no power strenght mod.

What would be the default then? 30 (intensify)? 99 (Blind Rage)? 129 (Intensify+BL)? 57 (Intensify+BRr2->efficiency cap reachable)?

But it i left it modificable, so anybody can download a copy and change that value, 3rd sheet, C2

PS: thx for pointing out that, i went to re-edit the sheet for decoupling the base hyst mult factor from the default strenght factor and found a mistake in the formula, corrected now

i honestly don't know what multiplier should you use. maybe the best solution is that you leave editable, and then everyone can use his own multiplier. Thanks for doing the math for this case too!

So Dragon Nikana then?

Third best would be Dual Cleaver.

Fourth Dual Ichor, only very slightly behind cleavers.

Aww people need to stop suggesting Dual ichors for hysteria, it does pure elemental thats mean it gives 0 damage to the claws.

Aww people need to stop suggesting Dual ichors for hysteria, it does pure elemental thats mean it gives 0 damage to the claws.

I think that is only Elemental damage mods which are not kept in consideration, but the base damage of the weapon, whatever it was, should be just converted in equal parts in slash, pierce, and impact damage type... at least this is what i get from the wiki, and from my experience the ichors didn't seem to behave like they had 0 base damge.

The base damage type has no effect on Hysteria. It's the elemental damage mods that don't work but that's the same for physical damage mods.

Not a whip person. And besides, second best is just fine for me.

So Dragon Nikana then?

Third best would be Dual Cleaver.

Fourth Dual Ichor, only very slightly behind cleavers.

This is about what I expected. Atterax>DN>DI.

Dual Cleavers suck enough outside Hysteria that I would never use them. >.>

I can't seem to edit that field, or download a copy of the spreadsheet. Default should be +129% PS as all good hysteria builds should be using max power strength (cost is of little importance due to Rage-HealthTanking).

I'm unsure of how you've combined the crit values. From what I recall, Hysteria has two chances to crit, one based on the weapon and one based on the ability, and the chance to have both of those overlap. It's not a simple nocrit+crit+double crit scenario, but nocrit + weaponcrit + abilitycrit + doublecrit scenario, with doublecrit drawing from the chances for either single crit. IIRC, OFC.

-Snip-

I'm unsure of how you've combined the crit values. From what I recall, Hysteria has two chances to crit, one based on the weapon and one based on the ability, and the chance to have both of those overlap. It's not a simple nocrit+crit+double crit scenario, but nocrit + weaponcrit + abilitycrit + doublecrit scenario, with doublecrit drawing from the chances for either single crit. IIRC, OFC.

It's from the wiki's Hysteria page (both ability's both weapon's).

Hyst has base 25% of crit.

To that you sum the weapon modded crit %.

The wiki says that of those 25% crit chance 10 are of a normal crit and 15 of a double crit. This is an ugly way to tell that 40% of you crits (10 on 25) will be normal, and the other 60% (15 on 25) will be double crits.

Copy paste from the wiki ->

Hysteria's attacks have an innate critical chance of 25%: a 10% chance for a critical damage multiplier of 100%, and a 15% chance for a critical damage multiplier of 200%. The critical damage and critical chance of the equipped melee weapon stack with those of Hysteria: additively for critical chance, and multiplicatively for critical damage.

• Mods that increase the critical chance/damage of the melee weapon will affect Hysteria (i.e., Organ Shatter and True Steel). As an example, Dual Cleavers have a critical chance of 40% and a 570% critical damage multiplier with a maxed Organ Shatter and True Steel. With this weapon equipped, Hysteria's critical chance will be increased to 0.25 + 0.4 = 65%. This would imply a (0.1/0.25)*0.65 = 26% chance for 1*5.7 = 570% critical damage and a (0.15/0.25)*0.65 = 39% chance for 2*5.7 = 1140% critical damage.
  • True Punishment does not increase Hysteria's critical chance while channeling.
  • Hysteria's critical damage against special body parts abides by Critical Hit mechanics.
  • Slam attacks do not have a critical chance.

Those 0.1/0.25 is the 40% of the crit to be normal, and the 0.15/0.25 is the 60% to be double.

So in the example above:

26% norrmal crit + 39% Double crit = 65% crit, which comes from base hyst crit 25% + 40% of modded dual cleavers. The remaining 35% would be normal hits.

26% + 39% + 35% = 100%

The final DPS is weighted on each weapon crit%, and not multiplied by any attack speed factor since hyst weapon spd is 1.

PS: I can't find a way to leave the field editable, but the file is downloadable: menu "file" -> Export

The power strenght mod factor is in C3 cell of 3rd and 5th sheet. (respectively setted at 0 and 129%)

I think i might add collaborators, but you'd need a zoho account. I know signing up is a block feature, but google docs sucked badly, so i tried zoho. ffs forget it the free edition is limited to 3 collaborators, just download it :)

Adding Warcry the charts wouldn't change since the speed would factor in multiplicatively.

It's from the wiki's Hysteria page (both ability's both weapon's).

Ah, okay, so we finally have some solid information on crit mechanics. I was getting confused because there is three clear numbers, good to see exactly how it breaks down. I withdraw all objections :P

PS: I can't find a way to leave the field editable, but the file is downloadable: menu "file" -> Export

I get this in Chrome, a similar error in Mozilla, and it won't even load in IE:

Untitled.jpg

Ah, okay, so we finally have some solid information on crit mechanics. I was getting confused because there is three clear numbers, good to see exactly how it breaks down. I withdraw all objections :P

I get this in Chrome, a similar error in Mozilla, and it won't even load in IE:

Untitled.jpg

Oh sheeeet...

Ok i've managed to find how to make it editable i think, try https://docs.zoho.com/sheet/published.do?rid=x0e2a0e0a3f597f6f4bb5bfc90f19e5b7e189

Also updated the link on the OP

UPDATES:
6/11/2014

- Added manticore skin 15% bonus damage as multiplicative on Scindos: it increases the base damage then mods increase the updated base damge, thus multiplicatively. This might be wrong.

https://docs.zoho.com/sheet/published.do?rid=x0e2a0e0a3f597f6f4bb5bfc90f19e5b7e189

Updated also in the OP

UPDATES:

6/11/2014

Updated also in the OP

As I expected, Scindo Prime is a ridiculous Hysteria weapon...

Have you not added Transient Fortitude, the new corrupted power strength mod, to the calculations yet?

EDIT: Also, Dual Cleavers has the unique weapon augment mod now that adds another +100% damage.

Edited by Naftal

As I expected, Scindo Prime is a ridiculous Hysteria weapon...

Have you not added Transient Fortitude, the new corrupted power strength mod, to the calculations yet?

EDIT: Also, Dual Cleavers has the unique weapon augment mod now that adds another +100% damage.

As for Transient Fortitude I could expect just heavy hitting weapons gaining a bigger gap in the chart over faster hitting ones, you can change yourself the value for power strength modifier i think.

For dual cleavers i don't have info yet, i can try by doubling its base damage as i did for scindos and brokk skin.

As for Transient Fortitude I could expect just heavy hitting weapons gaining a bigger gap in the chart over faster hitting ones, you can change yourself the value for power strength modifier i think.

For dual cleavers i don't have info yet, i can try by doubling its base damage as i did for scindos and brokk skin.

I imagine the Dual Cleaver mod stacks additively with Pressure Point and Spoiled Strike.