[DE]Steve

Partnership Announcement

Ok as i am not a lawyer and don't understand the legal jargin , Can someone explain in real people terms what this means. and Will we loss our steam access and have to now download Arc as the launcher is this is the case i will have to leave warframe cause i will not crash a 4th computer with Arc. and what does this mean in reguards to PWE's history of distroying games. with their continued flood of vanity items and nondevelopment of free to play games. Please explain and I'm willing to hold out to see what happens but i know alot of people that as soon and they find out about this will abandon ship.

Yup all you can do is wait and see and hope all turns out well.

• Upvote 3

Under the "LISTING RULES IMPLICATIONS" section, 2nd paragraph : 

Upon Closing, Digital Extremes will become an indirect non-wholly owned subsidiary of the Company 
and the common shares of Digital Extremes will be owned as to 58.0%, 3.0%, 26.1%, 2.8%. 3.9% 
and 6.2% by Multi Dynamic Games, Perfect Online, Ontario Ltd. 1, Ontario Ltd. 2, Ontario Ltd. 3 
and Digital Extremes Employee Share Trust, respectively; and the Class B Special shares of Digital 
Extremes, which carry no voting rights in Digital Extremes, will be owned as to 58.0%, 3.0% and 
39.0% by Multi Dynamic Games, Perfect Online and Ontario Ltd. 1, respectively.

Does that mean that they don't have any real influence?

• Upvote 5

Well no thappy that this happens but i will see where it goes. But from now on i will watch way more carefully what happens in Warframe and as soon as there are the first signs of P2W or soemthign like Gambling in the Game i guess im done. Hope that will not happen but with pwe in the back who knows.

• Upvote 1

Like I said before, once I see a speck of Perfect World's influence in the market for Warframe, I AM DONE. For now though, I'll love the game like I always have.

• Upvote 11

I have faith in the Devs,

But I swear if I see a 3-day and a Permament version of things suddenly in a month or two my wrists will be slit.

Edited by StratoS117
  • Upvote 15

The business world is always evolving.  Great job to the managers on that side of the organization to make this happen.  To the best!

I really do hope everything turns out well... i'de hate to stop playing Warframe. 

P.S. I still have faith in u guys. :)

• Upvote 2

This brings to mind when id Software said their acquisition wouldn't affect them. A few years down the road, and Carmack now works for Facebook, and the games that id Software releases are quite different than what they use to.

Lesson to learn: No accquisition goes off without something being altered in the 51+% buying of a company.... EVER. The whole point to buy at least 51% or more is that you can have the final say in your newly purchased game company.

No matter how small, you now have business men medling in the creative pot that was DE.

Watch for changes, as they will surely come. Whether in 6 months or a year, something will happen because of this, and it may not be to DE's liking or yours.

• Upvote 32

This brings to mind when id Software said their acquisition wouldn't affect them. A few years down the road, and Carmack now works for Facebook, and the games that id Software releases are quite different than what they use to.

Lesson to learn: No accquisition goes off without something being altered in the 51+% buying of a company.... EVER. The whole point to buy at least 51% or more is that you can have the final say in your newly purchased game company.

No matter how small, you now have business men medling in the creative pot that was DE.

Watch for changes, as they will surely come. Whether in 6 months or a year, something will happen because of this, and it may not be to DE's liking or yours.

I am patient...

The shares that were bought don't carry any voting rights. 

• Upvote 9

this waiting will give me heart attack

Thank you Mr Sinclair to have taken the time to share the internal policy and financial accord of DE with us, simple users and gamers.

I appreciate very much such clarity and transparency, and I hope this agreement with PW will be beneficial to you all, while keeping Warframe a "Labor of Love", without external interferences.

Not many games or companies out there can proudly claim the same.

• Upvote 9

I, UpgradeInProgress, never wish to see a PWE lockbox.

I, UpgradeInProgress, wish for DE to make the best of this great opportunity.

I, UpgradeInProgress, wish to see the game grow more than it ever has before.

I, UpgradeInProgress, wish for DEDICATED SERVERS.

Strength, Tenno!

-Upgrade

• Upvote 17

If you don't mind all the same... I'm just going to open the cover to the Panic Button just in case. Hope I won't need it, just gunna leave it open just in case.

Panic-Button.gif

Edit: And if you want to know, this is my current reaction state.

Edited by Salenstormwing
  • Upvote 7

First of all, that's a lot of money. I guess that DE and Warframe aren't as small players as I thought.

Secondly... Perfect World co-investement is 3%.. hmm, exclusive publishing on consoles in China. I don't care that much, but they seem to be the advisor to this deal.

So the majority shareholder is now a chicken meat company... I can't exactly imagine them messing with Warframe too much. But they have this little devil advisor on their shoulder in the form of Perfect World. I'm still skeptical.

Steve still owns more shares than PW.

DE is currently working on another F2P game, now THAT has me intrigued.

• Upvote 5