[DE]Steve

Partnership Announcement

In your previous post in this issue you stated:

"Warframe's design remain in the hands of Digital Extremes.

So I am curious. Will the game start appearing on ARC? 

Also you can say its not the doomsday scenario but it is possibly another step towards it. 

Sadly all we can do is wait and see what happens.
Also sad to know that founders/prime access money was not enough for you anymore. 
Edited by MDRLOz
  • Upvote 6

I won't pretend I know anything about stock transactions or the like but my only concern at the moment is the 58% doesn't that give them controlling shares?

• Upvote 3

Although I still harbor a few gut reservations, I thank DE_Steve for the update, and wish Digital Extremes and Warframe every success going forward.  Here's to the future, Tenno.  Hope for the best.

Or expect the worst, and be pleasantly surprised.

• Upvote 2

Companies who sign themselves to "share" holders just mark the death-day for their games. Look at what happened to games like MapleStory, Runescape, and however many dozens of other big titles.

Enjoy it while it lasts, because DE has just sold this game to the grave.

EDIT: and of all the investment partners you could have chosen DE, you picked one of PWE's? A company who's only accomplishment in life is ruining games for the purpose of a quick profit? I thought you had better taste.

Ive lost a lot of respect for this company. I don't think ill be contributing any more money into this game.

Edited by ArgonTheFox
  • Upvote 22

you got to admit that Chinese businessmen are pretty progressive though. How does one make a leap from chicken meat to video games... or rather F2P video games... or rather Canadian space ninja pirate F2P video games.

• Upvote 2

I dont really care where those credits come from. But I expect WAAAY more quests, waaay more stuff to do aside from killing and building. 

I also expect to finally see some MAP STRUCTURE ( For example a cockpit and generator cores on ships should always be in the same position...there also should be some non combat personnel and heavy armed patrols, turret guys....such things.). WHY? because its damn interesting.

Aaaaand there is also some stuff I've been waiting for a veeery long time (since operation slingstone) : Stealth multikill , no-meele-equipped walrun jump,   wall meele attack button mash (for more mid air swings) ,  meele crosshair ( Zoom feature where all attacks have center to be 100% hit ) ,  MATTE PAINTS , Ingame Grinner/ Corpus translator (Maybe some translation related ciphers) , waay more dangerous gigantic wildlife and maneater flowers ,  PROPER NINJA ANIMATIONS! (Especially jump and crouch...They are realistic but totally without any "style")

• Upvote 4

(I might be sneaking some into Archwing at the last minute actually).

Also please don't tease us like this steve. Is this just more sigils stuff you are referring to or something more?

Loads of us are clamoring desperately for endgame and we get more teasing? Seems unfair to me. 

If something is possibly going into update 15, related to endgame, please inform us at the next live stream or something. 

Otherwise we get the patch and then have to wonder if what you referred to actually made the patch or should be put back on the shelf with our other hopes and dreams in this "year of endgame". 

Steve, I had no idea you where one of the "Vendor Guarantors". I do not have trust in and do not share the same beliefs that Perfect World has demonstrated with prior games. 

• Upvote 3

Until I see a time sensitive weapon or any kind of paywall pay 2 win stuff, I will still enjoy Warframe no matter what. As long as Steve says it stays with them that is all the reassurance I need yo.

• Upvote 3

Also please don't tease us like this steve. Is this just more sigils stuff you are referring to or something more?

Loads of us are clamoring desperately for endgame and we get more teasing? Seems unfair to me. 

If something is possibly going into update 15, related to endgame, please inform us at the next live stream or something. 

Otherwise we get the patch and then have to wonder if what you referred to actually made the patch or should be put back on the shelf with our other hopes and dreams in this "year of endgame". 

Sigils are rather disappointing to me. 

• Upvote 8

I appreciate the sincerity Steve.
Read the doc, it seems rather good, for you guys of course.
Furthermore, however this thing pans out, I have faith that you guys will make  the right decisions as you have done so many times in the past.
Another day, another million bucks, huh? 

And with all that being said, I'm with you guys every step of the way. 
Cheers

If Warframe becomes 'PWEified', I will stop playing. But until it does (if at all), I will happily support this awesome company. 

We need a space dragon that counts as an Archwing. Get on this, Steve, PWE just gave you money for more caffeine, so no excuses for not working 25 hours/day xD

Edit: Actually read the doc now. I will be surprised if Warframe goes to S#&$. I mean, PWE has 3% of non-controlling shares. I'm not worried. I'm much more interested in the other F2P that DE is working on. Was the first announcement an unrelated legal doc? That's rather lame... unless I missed a major announcement

Edited by EversorNinja
  • Upvote 2

Deal looks better than I thought. We'll just have to wait and see how it goes.

And as for those who say "If I see a lockbox or gambling chance thing in the game, I am done" there were already mod packs and the like, well before PWE even contemplated buying. Granted, they aren't as core an aspect of the game, but they are there.

So DE is owned 58+% by a branch of other companies - that sounds bad if that's all you've read.

Here's the key phrases some people are missing:

- Indirectly (They own a majority INDIRECTLY via the partnership)

- Perfect Online 3% (this was the greatest worry for people familiar with Perfect World Entertainment and its subsidiaries. they have only a lesser ownership and nothing more)

- Investors and partnerships have NO VOTING RIGHTS over the influence of DE's purchases, investments etc. (they cannot change any decisions made by DE).

So, the most invested company isn't the big bad people were worrying about. The respective partnership has no voting rights over DE's decisions and this is almost certainly to do with the fact that this is an Indirect acquisition of their shares due to the act of investing in another company.

But by all means, continue your circle-jerk of ignorant 'R.I.P Warframe' comments, it's almost amusing to see no one can read the sheet for more than 2 minutes.

I'm content with this. If you want reason for concern, come back to me when the deal has changed, otherwise, carry on as usual and enjoy the game that (under this legislation) I can guarantee you, won't change.  

*Prepares for a bombardment of comments about how naive I am and etc. etc....*

RcqKKbZ.gif

Edited by Phantom_Jack
  • Upvote 41

so perfect world gets into the business for the console distribution in china? ok, that sounds fine to me. though i'm not too sure what's this food company doing here.