[DE]Steve

Partnership Announcement

Perfect World...

Just the NAME makes me shudder.

As long as they don't buy extra shares somehow and take over I will withhold judgement.

If they do? I am gone like so many others. I KNOW how the story ends once they have control.

There is no happy ending.

• Upvote 5

I'm not someone who says doomsday things. If nothing changes and the game does well, works for me. But it sounds weird to me that someone would want the company just to do nothing but give you money.

• Upvote 4

Perfect World...well there goes another game I liked.

Wish this worked.

Edited by TheFBOMB
  • Upvote 1

Perfect World...

Just the NAME makes me shudder.

As long as they don't buy extra shares somehow and take over I will withhold judgement.

If they do? I am gone like so many others. I KNOW how the story ends once they have control.

There is no happy ending.

Good thing they have no voting shares then, eh?

• Upvote 5

so perfect world gets into the business for the console distribution in china? ok, that sounds fine to me. though i'm not too sure what's this food company doing here.

If I had a guess, I'd say this is a big ploy to begin the mass production of GreedyMilk™ and distribute it worldwide. 

That stuff is delicious.

In all seriousness though, I don't have enough experience with PW to pass any judgement in either direction, nor did I when this whole thing sprang up a few months ago. But I trust DE_Steve and his team so I'm not going anywhere as long as things remain stable. 

• Upvote 5

Perfectworld Entertainment?

Oh, hell no.

That can't go well. I remember too well what kind of an abomination Star Trek Online became after Perfect World got in. Please don't let them do this to Warframe. 

• Upvote 5

If there is no outside interference whatsoever then there is nothing to worry about.

I know the mere mention of PW causes concern (with good reason) but if everything is as DE Steve stated then nothing but good can come from a massive injection of them dolla dolla bills. As long as PW has no ability to pull strings then we all might as well keep calm and go with the flow.

If by some horrific occurrence a lockbox pops up down the road then we have reason to be worried. Unless that happens theres nothing to fear.

• Upvote 2

I would say that I want to be optimistic and hope for the best but honestly I am only preparing for the worst. I will continue to have my reservations regarding this but if I see any sort of taint to the clean and pure vision that you guys had when originally making this game, I'll leave and never return.

Please remember that this game is the game you've sought to create from scratch with no outside interference, please fight to tooth and nail to keep it that way for the sake of the fans.

• Upvote 1

I also see Mr. Steve Sinclair's name on it. 

Oh, and Steve.... Thanks for being so transparent with us. The fact that you've provided an online document providing the whole detail of the deal is a heartening sign of transparency that I didn't expect to see. I believe in this regard, I speak for many, in that we all hope this is for the best of Warframe, a game we've come to grow (perhaps almost unhealthily) attached to. 

May the portals to the Void never close, my friends;

May the secrets of the Orokin never expire; 

May we never run out of cloned soldiers,

Or poorly paid capitalist mercenaries-for-hire.

Viva la Warframe, Tenno.

I totally agree.

I want to be LOUD  when I thank Steve and all of DE for their transparency and for really being close and intimate with the community.

so once again, thank you

• Upvote 3

So DE is owned 58% by a branch of other companies - that sounds bad if that's all you've read.

Here's the key phrases some people are missing:

- Indirectly (They own a majority INDIRECTLY via the partnership)

- Perfect Online 3% (this was the greatest worry for people familiar with Perfect World Entertainment and its subsidiaries. they have only a lesser ownership and nothing more)

- Investors and partnerships have NO VOTING RIGHTS over the influence of DE's purchases, investments etc. (they cannot change any decisions made by DE).

So, the most invested company isn't the big bad people we're worrying about. The respective partnership has no voting rights over DE's decisions and this is almost certainly to do with the fact that this is an Indirect acquisition of their shares due to the act of investing in another company.

But by all means, continue your circle-jerk of ignorant 'R.I.P Warframe' comments, it's almost amusing to see no one can read the sheet for more than 2 minutes.

I'm content with this. If you want reason for concern, come back to me when the deal has changed, otherwise, carry on as usual and enjoy the game that (under this legislation) I can guarantee you, won't change.  

*Prepares for a bombardment of comments about how naive I am and etc. etc....*

RcqKKbZ.gif

I want your children.

EDIT: Kidding. Regardless, it amazes me how many people don't actually read it all. It amazes me how many people don't comprehend what they read, if they actually read it.

But more than anything, it amazes me how often people shame and belittle others that think differently and try to convince them to think just as negatively as they do.

Edited by PsychedelicSnake
  • Upvote 9

-snip-

Yeah, I'd agree. However, they do now have some level of influence, thanks to having some shares. So, now, even though they don't have any direct control, they may be able to influence.

Hopefully not, though.

So DE is owned 58% by a branch of other companies - that sounds bad if that's all you've read.

Here's the key phrases some people are missing:

- Indirectly (They own a majority INDIRECTLY via the partnership)

- Perfect Online 3% (this was the greatest worry for people familiar with Perfect World Entertainment and its subsidiaries. they have only a lesser ownership and nothing more)

- Investors and partnerships have NO VOTING RIGHTS over the influence of DE's purchases, investments etc. (they cannot change any decisions made by DE).

So, the most invested company isn't the big bad people we're worrying about. The respective partnership has no voting rights over DE's decisions and this is almost certainly to do with the fact that this is an Indirect acquisition of their shares due to the act of investing in another company.

But by all means, continue your circle-jerk of ignorant 'R.I.P Warframe' comments, it's almost amusing to see no one can read the sheet for more than 2 minutes.

I'm content with this. If you want reason for concern, come back to me when the deal has changed, otherwise, carry on as usual and enjoy the game that (under this legislation) I can guarantee you, won't change.  

*Prepares for a bombardment of comments about how naive I am and etc. etc....*

RcqKKbZ.gif

You sir. I love you.

• Upvote 1

Upon Closing, Digital Extremes will become an indirect non-wholly owned subsidiary of the Company 

and the common shares of Digital Extremes will be owned as to 58.0%, 3.0%, 26.1%, 2.8%. 3.9% 

and 6.2% by Multi Dynamic Games, Perfect Online, Ontario Ltd. 1, Ontario Ltd. 2, Ontario Ltd. 3 

and Digital Extremes Employee Share Trust, respectively; and the Class B Special shares of Digital 

Extremes, which carry no voting rights in Digital Extremes, will be owned as to 58.0%, 3.0% and 

39.0% by Multi Dynamic Games, Perfect Online and Ontario Ltd. 1, respectively.

What does this mean in the end?

• Upvote 2

I was having a great day! This thread changed that.

I wonder how long Warframe will remain the same...