[DE]Steve

Partnership Announcement

If you read further and look at the sources provided by Steve, I wouldn't be worried. I'm not very good with words so early in the morning, so here are Calayne and Phantom_Jack to state what I feel.

So DE is owned 58% by a branch of other companies - that sounds bad if that's all you've read.

Here's the key phrases some people are missing:

- Indirectly (They own a majority INDIRECTLY via the partnership)

- Perfect Online 3% (this was the greatest worry for people familiar with Perfect World Entertainment and its subsidiaries. they have only a lesser ownership and nothing more)

- Investors and partnerships have NO VOTING RIGHTS over the influence of DE's purchases, investments etc. (they cannot change any decisions made by DE).

So, the most invested company isn't the big bad people we're worrying about. The respective partnership has no voting rights over DE's decisions and this is almost certainly to do with the fact that this is an Indirect acquisition of their shares due to the act of investing in another company.

But by all means, continue your circle-jerk of ignorant 'R.I.P Warframe' comments, it's almost amusing to see no one can read the sheet for more than 2 minutes.

I'm content with this. If you want reason for concern, come back to me when the deal has changed, otherwise, carry on as usual and enjoy the game that (under this legislation) I can guarantee you, won't change.  

*Prepares for a bombardment of comments about how naive I am and etc. etc....*

RcqKKbZ.gif

Well, I don't speak for everyone, but I'm of a mind to wait and see how it pans out. It certainly isn't doom's day, but we have no idea what the long-term repercussions will be, if any.

If anything, this may potentially be beneficial for everyone. I hope that's the case.

So, my dear fellow Tenno, hold your horses, and let's approach this calmly. Ninja-style.

Edit:

I also see Mr. Steve Sinclair's name on it. 

I trust he knows what he's doing, and what the details of the deal are. Let's not jump to conclusions. It could be possible that it's for the benefit of the game at large. This is, after all, not just a product to them: It's their livelihood, and it's their, as Steve so aptly put it, "Labour of love". 

So chill. Don't read something into it that isn't there. 

Oh, and Steve.... Thanks for being so transparent with us. The fact that you've provided an online document providing the whole detail of the deal is a heartening sign of transparency that I didn't expect to see. I believe in this regard, I speak for many, in that we all hope this is for the best of Warframe, a game we've come to grow (perhaps almost unhealthily) attached to. 

May the portals to the Void never close, my friends;

May the secrets of the Orokin never expire; 

May we never run out of cloned soldiers,

Or poorly paid capitalist mercenaries-for-hire.

Viva la Warframe, Tenno.

Edit's Edit:

For the sake of those who find it slightly harder to read, allow me to attempt to summarise:

-61% of DE's share has been sold. 58% to Sumpo, 3% to Perfect World. 

-These have, apparently, no voting right within the company itself. 

-The reasoning for the acquisition is apparently because of Sumpo specifically being a chicken-industry. Their sales has been suffering because of recent... health issues, so to speak, in the People's Republic of China (henceforth, PRC). Thus, it seems pretty convincing, seeing that it is Sumpo with 58% of the share, and PW with only 3%.

-The acquisition is so that Warframe can be distributed in China. There's an issue of western media and western-made products making its way into China, as it's very tightly controlled by the government. However, there's one party here with one foot already in the door: Perfect World Entertainment. So, Sumpo probably is an investor of what they see as a booming industry, hoping to earn money "On the side", to alleviate their dropping revenue. Seems a rather wise choice, honestly speaking, considering China is a huge market, with relatively few products compared to the Western countries. 

tl;dr 

The summary is this: Sumpo needs to make money, something not related to chicken. It wants to invest in games, and thinks Warframe rocks, so they want to acquire DE's share. This acquisition is so that Sumpo can distribute Warframe in China exclusively. However, they can't do it by themselves, as chicken is all they know. So, they get Perfect World. 

Speculatively, nothing is going to change: Perfect World is what is probably a more complex version of a "Retailer". Basically, it just distributes a product or service, without being able to modify (at least, extensively and noticeably) what it sells. Probably they'll have their own promotions and stuff, though. But I don't know about that.

If there's any mistake, feel free to drop me a PM to correct my understanding. This is here for everyone's benefit.

Also, it seems like Digital Extremes has another F2P game in the works. WOOT WOOT! 

Edited by PsychedelicSnake
  • Upvote 5

Wow, it's almost like they officially announced it on the forum already. Also, the partners have no voting shares, they can't affect the game at all.

Edit: Rats. Super Ninja'd.

Edited by ValhaHazred

I'm quite interested to see how this all goes, but I'm hopeful from what I've read both here and in the document.

I'm wondering more about this statement in particular, or if its old news and I haven't been paying attention.

e3CAwY8.png

My curiosity. It is piqued.

What does this mean in the end?

It means that whoever bought the shares have no voting/controlling rights in the company. Yes, it's shares in the company, but it's not controlling shares. Meaning that even if PWE held 100% of the issued shares in this case they would have 0 control or authority over what Digital Extremes does.

It's basically "We'll give you money, in return we want you to take this money to increase your worth/value so that we can gleam some of your profits."

• Upvote 12

Well i dont bother myself with buying plat anyway ever since PW news came out. So i'll just wait and see. And nothing good i saw in the announcement, everyone in this situation would say that everything will be ok no matter if its true.

• Upvote 1

it  is as we feared PWE owns warframe , lockboxes coming soon , No one dumps that much money without more strings than there not publicly showing 

Edited by Ravel7
  • Upvote 1

Now.... uhm...

If I decided to buy platin for... let's say.... x$ ..... PWE will get >50% of the x$ ?

serious question- It probably doesn't work like that , eh?

Still amazed how people seem to skip over the fact that no controlling shares were given out.

Oh well. Reading is for casuals I guess.

• Upvote 10

Upon Closing, Digital Extremes will become an indirect non-wholly owned subsidiary of the Company 
and the common shares of Digital Extremes will be owned as to 58.0%, 3.0%, 26.1%, 2.8%. 3.9% 
and 6.2% by Multi Dynamic Games, Perfect Online, Ontario Ltd. 1, Ontario Ltd. 2, Ontario Ltd. 3 
and Digital Extremes Employee Share Trust, respectively; and the Class B Special shares of Digital 
Extremes, which carry no voting rights in Digital Extremes, will be owned as to 58.0%, 3.0% and 
39.0% by Multi Dynamic Games, Perfect Online and Ontario Ltd. 1, respectively.

it probably means no change in the foreseeable future.

• Upvote 1

Boy, you always got a bad feeling about something!

No, I just hate Everything that has to do with Sumpo food holdings.

• Upvote 1

Does this mean prices can go lower, now that you are earning a lot more? Or will high prices on warframe continue?

• Upvote 1

If you read further and look at the sources provided by Steve, I wouldn't be worried. I'm not very good with words so early in the morning, so here are Calayne and Phantom_Jack to state what I feel.

-"- Investors and partnerships have NO VOTING RIGHTS over the influence of DE's purchases, investments etc. (they cannot change any decisions made by DE)."

the part i dont like is they cant change any decision made by DE, but what about decisions that havent been made by DE? im sorry if i am worried over nothing here. but if theres a hole they will squeeze thru....i dont want to see the game i love get destroyed..

• Upvote 1

Still amazed how people seem to skip over the fact that no controlling shares were given out.

Oh well. Reading is for casuals I guess.

Hey I found one for you

This outta kill your brain cells! :D

it  is as we feared PWE owns warframe , lockboxes coming soon 

Upon Closing, Digital Extremes will become an indirect non-wholly owned subsidiary of the Company 
and the common shares of Digital Extremes will be owned as to 58.0%, 3.0%, 26.1%, 2.8%. 3.9% 
and 6.2% by Multi Dynamic Games, Perfect Online, Ontario Ltd. 1, Ontario Ltd. 2, Ontario Ltd. 3 
and Digital Extremes Employee Share Trust, respectively; and the Class B Special shares of Digital 
Extremes, which carry no voting rights in Digital Extremes, will be owned as to 58.0%, 3.0% and 
39.0% by Multi Dynamic Games, Perfect Online and Ontario Ltd. 1, respectively.

To everyone on max damage control saying that PWE has no voting rights, please work on reading comprehension. The "no voting rights" refers to DE's Class B shares, which PWE and subsidary own IN ADDITION to the shares with voting rights. 62% of both, in fact.

It's ogre.

• Upvote 8

He not talking about Steve's post today, he's talking about the 334 page thread when information on this was first mentioned.

Here: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/255923-de-please-please-do-not-do-business-with-perfect-world-megahyperultrathread/?hl=%20perfect%20%20world%20%20purchasing%20%20warframe

-"- Investors and partnerships have NO VOTING RIGHTS over the influence of DE's purchases, investments etc. (they cannot change any decisions made by DE)."

the part i dont like is they cant change any decision made by DE, but what about decisions that havent been made by DE? im sorry if i am worried over nothing here. but if theres a hole they will squeeze thru....i dont want to see the game i love get destroyed..

I can't speak for anyone else, but Steve has never lied to us about stuff like this. I'm surprised he even came out and was transparent about what had happened. If he had anything to hide, or wasn't sure about his position, then I don't think he would have posted anything about it at all. For me, his transparency in this matter and his confidence about it are all the proof I need. The fact he posted sources to back him up only make me trust more.

• Upvote 4

Correction: What the fuss was about was news that PWE had "acquired" DE in some context. The information given was not very precise, so people began to panic.

THIS, however, is pure concrete info. We've got the entire document released to us telling us everything there is to know about what just happened. No panic will occur except in the knee-jerk trolls who don't take time to read. In short, all this means is more money for DE. No outside influences, just Sumpo and PW tagging along basically. See the posts above yours (the "megaquotes," I shall call them) for a more in-depth explanation.

Well, looks like there's nothing anyone can do. Time to quit the forums for a month like last time and spend all my time in-game from now on. Hopefully the Doomsayer Fires will be extinguished by the time I come back.

• Upvote 2

If they have no voting rights, they can't change anything. They're just getting their share of dividends and revenue within the company. They have no control. That's how business works.

Correction: What the fuss was about was news that PWE had "acquired" DE in some context. The information given was not very precise, so people began to panic.

THIS, however, is pure concrete info. We've got the entire document released to us telling us everything there is to know about what just happened. No panic will occur except in the knee-jerk trolls who don't take time to read. In short, all this means is more money for DE. No outside influences, just Sumpo and PW tagging along basically. See the posts above yours (the "megaquotes," I shall call them) for a more in-depth explanation.

Already got a knee-jerk troll spamming in my alliance chat. First person I had to ignore from my own alliance.

Seriously, annoying people are annoying.

They can't make any decisions about DE, period. 

If they have no voting rights, they can't change anything. They're just getting their share of dividends and revenue within the company. They have no control. That's how business works.

Already got a knee-jerk troll spamming in my alliance chat. First person I had to ignore from my own alliance.

Seriously, annoying people are annoying.

Watch out. If people see you saying anything positive you'll be called a White Knight.

• Upvote 1