Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Sentinel: Interfector

HadronVictorioso

So, as of right now, we have 6 unique Sentinels, and a 7th Prime one. But no new sentinels have been mentioned for a while (at least not to my knowledge). Therefore, I suggest the Interfector.

Interfector means assassin, or murderer, in Latin. And that's exactly what he does.

Weapon - Heavy Rifle

Description - Once thought lost to the Void, the ancient Tenno-designed Interfector comes with the precepts "Devastate" and "Smokescreen".

-> Devastate: Targets the strongest enemy within range and fires a powerful shot.

-> Smokescreen: Upon damage to Warframe health, lays a smokescreen. Gives increased chance for enemy attacks to miss.

Leveling up Devastate through fusion simply increases Interfector's max range; does not improve Interfector's firing rate, which remains slow.

Leveling up Smokescreen through fusion decreases the recharge period between consecutive smokescreens.

Leveling up Interfector through XP increases the amount of damage it deals per shot and its fire rate, but fire rate is only improved a bit (about as slow as base Lex I think when it first starts out, speeds up to, say, Hek? Forgive me if there's no difference or if it slows down as a result of that).

Base Stats: same as any other sentinel. 100 health, 200 shields, 50 armor, 80 stamina, 100 power.

Blueprints would drop from Void missions, preferably Orokin Derelict or the suggested Corpus Void Outposts. NOT A PRIME: requires normal resources to make, NOT prime parts.

Hopefully some pictures will be available soon. Please post your thoughts on this.

Edited by HadronVictorioso

sounds interesting in concept... is the smokescreen only going to cloak you or will it be like ash or Loki where it boosts melee dmg as well, another thing to consider is  where will it drop in the Derelict. somewhere like ODD would make it much too easy so itll probobly be in ODA considering nothing else has a drop table. and would it be doing overheat dmg on all shots (mods like fired up) will make everything die

but it sounds really cool in my opinion as well 

@DubstepArcher

My quote system doesn't seem to be working, so I'll just reply like this.

The smokescreen would only cloak you, but it'd make the enemies miss a quite a bit more - say, 50%? That may be a bit high, however. Also, It would certainly do overheat damage, but it would have to be only a bit of an improvement - say, 1-2% - over the previous shot, considering it already deals massive damage.

Thanks to the both of you for replying.

I like the idea, and I agree with DubstepAcrher about the drop location. Correct me if I'm wrong on this, but when you talk about "smokescreen", it would be more like a less effective version of Zephyr's Turbulence? That is to say, making some ranged shots "miss" upon Health damage to the Warframe to which it is equipped? Or would "smokescreen" work as Loki's Invisibility/ Ash's Smoke Screen/ Shade's Ghost/ Huras' Stalk and make the recipient invisible/ partially invisible? The second question is if the primary weapon is meant to be a OHKO style weapon then do you have plans for a low firing rate? If not.... <Alad Vee envisions a Djinn equipped with the Interfector's weapon with a good firing rate during and shudders in fear.>

"Yep, them bosses be pwned." -Unnamed Rhino player.

@DubstepArcher

My quote system doesn't seem to be working, so I'll just reply like this.

The smokescreen would only cloak you, but it'd make the enemies miss a quite a bit more - say, 50%? That may be a bit high, however. Also, It would certainly do overheat damage, but it would have to be only a bit of an improvement - say, 1-2% - over the previous shot, considering it already deals massive damage.

Thanks to the both of you for replying.

what type of damage will it do, will it be physical or elemental or both. and then which one 

Edited by DubstepArcher

@PaladinPrime

I believe I mentioned in the OP about the weapon having a quite slow firing rate. Unmodded Lex fire rate, I said. And yes, Smokescreen would work more like Zephyr's Turbulence than invisiblity/partial invisibility of those frames' abilities, but would not do it for all projectiles, just a portion.

@DubstepArcher

Physical damage, lots of impact, moderate puncture, low slash.