Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Is This Game Free

(PSN)abu3azb

AMAZING GAME

why is this game completely free

Positive comment, with some truth, 33 upvotes

Its amazing on the first look, later you will find a lot of flaws.

Negative comment, with some truth, 88 upvotes

.....aw man, that's disappointing.

Most expensive "free" game I have ever played.  I have probably put over 2500 dollars US into it now and while it is probably money not well spent the game developers themselves seem to try to accomodate players for the most part.  Wish they would actually listen to veterans and founders more though.

Most expensive "free" game I have ever played.  I have probably put over 2500 dollars US into it now and while it is probably money not well spent the game developers themselves seem to try to accomodate players for the most part.  Wish they would actually listen to veterans and founders more though.

I can only think of a few uses for that much money in Warframe.

Mainly buying a ton of mod packs with platinum that was not bought with a discount.

Or funding an entire alliance with enough forma and potatoes for everything in the game.

It's disappointing that they are both saying the truth?

It's disappointing that people are so prone to lean towards the negative. It's normal, I know, I do it. It's also a lot easier to be negative or pessimistically realist about things then to see the positive and take the negative with a positive attitude. Still, it's something that's a little sad to see I find, especially in a video game community, where people have the luxury of complaining about a pass time. I think that the stark contrast of people agreeing with the negative side of the fact much more liberally is what made me say it was disappointing.

Positive comment, with some truth, 33 upvotes

Negative comment, with some truth, 88 upvotes

.....aw man, that's disappointing.

Wow, didnt know I have an upvote until you quoted me, but let me explain:

Most of the vets in this game leave, I am in an elite clan with 11 players, 8 of them left because the game didnt challenge them or because bugs that exist since 5 or more updates arent fixed yet, and the new interface update was so horrible that it just pushed them away, also did the kubrows with their stupid time-locks and the lack of inspiration with the new warframe and the fact that ability gameplay is still horrible and needs an overhaul.

I myself have been absent for 3 months and in the last 5 days I have acquired all the new availible, leveled to mastery 17, and no more reason to play. All the palyers I know dont give a damn about archwing and U15, it will just be another game mode that doesnt see updates after 1 month. Like nightmare, like survival, like interception.

First this game sucked me in too, that was back in U7, now its just routine ---> update ---> farm new weapons ---> update... and each time it becomes more boring, this game can be played brain-afk, and all the content isnt even mastery locked or anything, whats the point in getting weapons and mastery when boltor prime is for mastery 2?

Edited by Genoscythe

AMAZING GAME

why is this game completely free

Its hardly free.  If you want to do any of the later and more difficult content, you'll need certain mods and have your warframes and weapons forma'd to the max...sometimes 5 or 6 times.  And if you are like me that has been unlucky with forma drops, youre spending money on platinum to buy in the market...same goes for reactors and catalysts.  If you are unlucky and dont find em or are not online when they are on alert, you are buying them.

Basically, luck is luck, timing is timing.  If you don't have forma, reactors, or catalysts, you aren't going anywhere in late game.  You are stuck doing little old lvl 30 content on some planet up to wave 15 or something

I've probably spend hundreds of dollars of F2P games over the years. I could get double the playtime with all that money playing Runescape or WoW, and all that jazz, but I didn't.

It's the way the model is set up, I don't feel pressured into constantly paying to even play the game, I just spend money whenever I feel like it. When I played Runescape with a subscription, I always felt like I had to use my time wisely and productively, otherwise I was "wasting" the money I spent to play it and the experience was hardly relaxing and enjoyable.

For F2P games sometimes I could go 8 months without spending a penny, then drop $70 for some new items in the game and not feel guilty because I was still able to play the game and enjoy myself casually those 8 months without any pressure that my subscription was going to run out.

F2P is like a friends with benefits relationship. You get all the good stuff without any of the strings, but it's probably not a wise decision for the long haul. Who cares though, it's great. Meanwhile committed relationships have all the pressure and obligations, but can be really rewarding in the end, even if you can't see it.

this guys is a genius i felt the same.. who are you man the stuff your write is so close to what i have on my head i play some tibia and feel the same about premmy time

Edited by ysmer

It's free because DE is tring to find a sweet spot between the set of individuals who spend a lot of money and the set of individuals who spend a little bit of money.  I speculate.  The people who spend a lot of money are few, so few that there might not be enough of them to consistantly provide a satisfactory coop experience.  The people who spend a little money out number the big spenders but they might not provide maximum profit as a group.  Ultimately it boils down to maximizing profit in the context of an MMO, which is apparently worth investing in.