Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Attica Build For Mirage (Need Help)

Valkyr-Umbra

Question

So i'm thinking that a fully automatic crossbow-rifle with exploding bolts might be fun to use with mirage (especially since launchers got re-balanced...) However, I'm not quite sure how to build the Attica. This is my first attempt. Any advice? 

http://goo.gl/AZwmRB

Some of the justifications for what are likely more controversial decisions:

Shred: I'm a fan of punch-through, since I'm often using these weapons in the void, and it really helps to chew through crowds (however, I'm less confident with it on this build as the projectiles are explosive, and with that in mind punch-through might not be a benefit...) I'm open to replacing it with speed trigger.

Vital sense: considering there's a 50% chance of a crit with point strike, I thought it made sense to more than double the crit damage (maybe i'm wrong.)

Heavy Caliber: I omitted this in favor of a second elemental since the difference in damage wasn't huge, corrosive damage is great for void, and because I wanted this gun to have some range.

Edited by Snowman486

8 answers to this question

Seems solid to me. I think a recent patch caused crit to affect AOE damage, so is good. Plus, Thunderbolt has a chance to proc EVERY time it hits IIRC, causing punch-through to be much more valuable than raw speed [trigger].

EDIT: keep in mind that many things are going to be up for debate. Thunderbolt may or may not be affected by the AOE crit dmg change (Torid aoe dmg is caused by the weapon itself, not mods), so you may wish to test it out. I think Eclipse does affect thunderbolt dmg, but nothing else does. So while punch-through will help for groups, you might want to swap it out for something else if you are going to run long runs in the Void.

Edited by Magnar21

it looks like I may need to turn this into a status proc build since thunderbolt doesn't scale in terms of damage... I just tried it out on a t4 mdf and was underwhelmed. Still, its a lot of fun, and probably great for lower-level content.

Edit: this is what I changed it to  http://goo.gl/Y8fPlW

Edited by Snowman486

http://goo.gl/rWWMZE 16k burst dps, 46% status. Swap out one of the elementals for Hammer Shot for slightly less damage, 15k burst, 43% status.

Attempting to use Hammer shot instead of Vital Sense gives you a measly 12.8k burst and 51% status. Use three elementals instead of Hammershot (while keeping Vital Sense), for optimized status and DMG. Notice that Shred stays on. Swap one of the elementals for Thunderbolt for AOE craziness with some minor CC (if the Blast procs). Versatile weapon. 3 Forma.