Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

We Have All Sorts Of Melee Weapons...almost

Henji

I`ve been wondering for some time now that, we`ve been getting alot of the same weapons (considering stances applied) and just a couple of updates ago we seem to be seeing some inovations. 

I for one think DE should start focusing asap otherwise I feel we will start to get stagnated with a bunch of weapons with different skins but same action, I know they got alot comming for update 15 but, I kind of miss some obvious examples that we dont seem to have in the game. 

Taking some examples from Silkygoodness topic, the mace is a good example of the type of weapon we dont have yet in the game, magistar is by far the only one wich has any resemblance of one and even then it does not fit the category entirely due to its stance options.

I for one would like to see weapons like lances that would also benefit the puncture weapons type for the melee arsenal wich i also belive is found wanting in the game. (I bet some ppl will say Orthos is a example but it still doesn`t fit this specific kind of weapon nor its martial tatics)

If you guys have any other weapon you would prefer to see in the game in the future feel free to share !

EDIT: Frogot to mention....MOAR KOMBOS !

Edited by Henji

Specifically, I want some expansion in the pole-arms category, so far the only weapons are the serro and orthos and it's prime variant. I'd like to see something like a Halberd put in. I'd also like to see some dual swords that consist of a model that is two long swords being wielded, rather than a long sword and a dagger. And finally I'd like to see some "normal", or non-elemental based sword and shield weapons, I like the concept, but very much dislike the innate fire element on Silva & Aegis.

Otherwise I agree, we need more variety in the melee section. Sure, there are a lot of melee weapons currently in the game compared to guns, but I think that the melee's are one of the many things in this game that make it unique, the life blood of warframe if you will. I'm a lot more picky when it comes to the sword or bladed weapon I want to use so variety is a good thing.

Been wanting a Guan Dao in the game forever now. Fits with the whole Asian feel the Tenno have with their designs, and would fit the role of a traditional slashing polearm.

This is a Guan Dao by the way:

Le77Cig.jpg

Looks like half of an Orthos to me <.<

it doesn't matter if there's a new melee, some ppl will still use the same boring stuff, if it's not stronger than dual ichors, dakra p with that stupid stance, orthos p....etc, people won't use the new melee........too narrow minded XD 

look at the venka, silva and aegis...etc, almost no one uses them although they are beautiful weapons and have amazing stances and combos 

Edited by Kenshin98

it doesn't matter if there's a new melee, some ppl will still use the same boring stuff, if it's not stronger than dual ichors, dakra p with that stupid stance, orthos p....etc, people won't use the new melee........too narrow minded XD 

look at the venka, silva and aegis...etc, almost no one uses them although they are beautiful weapons and have amazing stances and combos 

I use the Silva and aegis, it's mostly for casual gameplay. Combo with Excalibro he's like a space knight than ninja now. 

There are some things that still need done when going for higher level enemies, one of which will always be sufficient damage. So yeah unless a new weapon has considerable stats to the aforementioned above, it won't be making any appearances in later planet nodes soon.

But no one tells me what to do in a game; I play how I want. :U

Well what I would say is a rapier (thrusting lots of thrusting), spear (with lots of thrusting attacks and wide swings) which in doing so could add some more puncture melee weapons, probably some weapons with unique attributes like the still too come last design contest weapon which is a dagger/short sword+whip thing lol. 

I mean honestly we kinda have most of the major weapons in the spectrum, what we do need is more diverse weapon stances.

Edited by Bestfly

As I said in my post, I'd use a sword and shield more often, if it weren't for the innate elemental damage on silva & aegis. I just don't like how the fire doesn't fit my style, personally.

Edit: So, to hit my point again, I think there needs to be more variety of choice for each of the melee weapon classes.

Edited by GhostSwordsman

Looks like half of an Orthos to me <.<

But wouldn't a Guan Dao be wielded in an entirely different way than the orthos? Both the stances for the orthos involve a decent amount of spinning the entire weapon due to it being double bladed. A Guan Dao looks more like it would be used with a slash, slash, thrust style to me.

Funny because we did just get Kronen fairly recently, an entirely new type of melee weapon and stance. There no shortage of new weapon types arriving.

As I said in my post, I'd use a sword and shield more often, if it weren't for the innate elemental damage on silva & aegis. I just don't like how the fire doesn't fit my style, personally.

Edit: So, to hit my point again, I think there needs to be more variety of choice for each of the melee weapon classes.

Not all weapons will fit your style, regardless of type. That's just how they were made. There will most undoubtedly be more swords and shields in the future, but you seem to want more variety entirely, not reskins of existing weapons.

But wouldn't a Guan Dao be wielded in an entirely different way than the orthos? Both the stances for the orthos involve a decent amount of spinning the entire weapon due to it being double bladed. A Guan Dao looks more like it would be used with a slash, slash, thrust style to me.

How something is wielded has nothing to do with any likeness to real weapons in the real world. Melee weapons in warframe will be wielded in a cool way and that will always be the rule. Nothing will really mimic tried and true combat styles of real life other than the fantasy that has been made up over the years.

Edited by direcyphre

Funny because we did just get Kronen fairly recently, an entirely new type of melee weapon and stance. There no shortage of new weapon types arriving.

Not all weapons will fit your style, regardless of type. That's just how they were made. There will most undoubtedly be more swords and shields in the future, but you seem to want more variety entirely, not reskins of existing weapons.

Yes, I would like to see more variety overall, it's for the benefit of the players to have choice, though I do recognize that there is a point where there is just too much. And I also realize that not everything will fit my specific preferences and style, regardless though, I'll still advocate for addition(s) that are maybe tailored a bit more to my liking/style, and I can't be the only one out of the couple million people who play warframe that would like to see something similar to what I'd like to see added in.

Edited by GhostSwordsman

The Magistar used to have an awesome power attack that hit everything around you in a circle. While leveling it I felt like !@#$ Sauron as I wailed on low level Grineer, cracking all their skulls at once as they clambered around me. 

Sure I tossed it once it was maxed due to lack of viability, but when Melee 2.0 came back this and a few other melee weapons lost some really awesome moves from their unique movesets. 

I for one think we need a Mace stance or two. I'm tired right now so I can't think of any other melees that missed out with Melee 2.0, this is the only one that comes so heavily to mind. 

I completely agree with the OP though. Different moves and truly unique melee weapons would be fantastic. 

I'm not sure I agree with everything in this thread. Don't get me wrong I'd love more unique melee weapons but considering the stance system we have I'd prefer to keep weapon types broadly grouped.

I don't know about anyone else but I hate using melee weapons without stances, there's pretty much no point to switch to melee mode when the attacks are basically identical to the quick attack. And the thing about stances is that they're loot, random drops, so even though you can build that cool new weapon until you get the stance it's only about 1/2 there. 

With each new melee weapon coming out being a new "class" of melee weapon you end up with a bunch of one-off stance/weapon combos. Follow this through and it quickly becomes difficult to get the stance to go with any give weapon type. So unless they change the stance system to be baked into the weapons themselves and not reliant on random drops I'm going to prefer we keep weapons and stances to generalized groups so that you can usually have a weapon/stance to go with whatever new stance/weapon you've acquired. 

Now, that's not to say I don't think we should stop getting new weapon types altogether but merely that we only do so when it truly is an entirely different weapon. I feel that proper single-bladed spears are deserving their own type as the way they are wielded would be rather incompatible with the double-bladed orthos style pole-arms we currently have, but things like maces, axes, etc really aren't wielded differently enough from current weapons to warrant their own category imo. 

The Magistar used to have an awesome power attack that hit everything around you in a circle. While leveling it I felt like !@#$ Sauron as I wailed on low level Grineer, cracking all their skulls at once as they clambered around me. 

Sure I tossed it once it was maxed due to lack of viability, but when Melee 2.0 came back this and a few other melee weapons lost some really awesome moves from their unique movesets. 

I for one think we need a Mace stance or two. I'm tired right now so I can't think of any other melees that missed out with Melee 2.0, this is the only one that comes so heavily to mind. 

I completely agree with the OP though. Different moves and truly unique melee weapons would be fantastic. 

I second the need for a mace.

Wen need a few new weapons with puncture, and a big spiked mace would be just what we need to presoften our bowls of Cap'n Vor Crunch fill the hole the Jaw Sword was pushed out of.

Since we have almost only slash weapons i'd like to see some more heavies with impact and some pokey weapons with puncture.

For a puncture weapons i'd really like some fencing weaponry/Rapiers.

Especially something like Ricard's Rapier, if anyone's layed Dark Souls, with a combo like the flurry of attacks

grieve-edge/greaves

basically bladed greaves/armored greaves, used SOLELY for kicking

slash and non-slash versions

should have bonus of tripping when sliding into opponents and good damage when sliding at enemies in the air

I'd like to see more weapons going into each stance archetype, and more combos to the ones that lack them. The most recent stances: Malicious Raptor, Gemini Cross, and Eleventh Storm only have one weapon that they fit with, while stances such as Shimmering Blight and Crushing Ruin only have 1 unique combo.

It's already been mentioned a few times,ut Warframe is lacking one of the most basic weapons: Pointy Stick a.k.a. Spear. Probably only preceded by club and rock (which make much less cool space ninja weapons). Also fits the "[We] Gave them the weapons of the old ways." vibe very well.