Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Metal Parts On Tiberon Aren't Colored

MechaTails

I noticed this too, but wasn't sure if it was a bug or just strange lighting. Incidentally, I noticed the problem on that same map, but I forgot to look more carefully on other maps. Have you seen if the problem exists everywhere else, too? It might have to do with lighting conditions, for example. I'm not sure but I admit it's an irritating quality.

It's a widespread issue. It's because the metallic shiny material in those parts doesn't "accept" color the same way others do. There are similar problems in other things, in that the color selected is either darkened or lightened depending on what it's applied to; for example, parts of the Oberon Immortal skin.

I believe this was shown off in devstream 38, something called PBR to make metallic surfaces have a more metallic sheen to it, rather than looking like it's all plastic. It definitely needs some kinks worked on it since the shine of the new metallic surfaces make them look like their all silver, or at least way brighter than they should be. 

Edited by -CM-SilentCoin